Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I hope the ball goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

if it was a good sport there'd be more than 11 minutes of it in a 3 hour block imo. this just goes to show that the NFL and their broadcasters already know what we're all thinking: this poo poo sucks and people might stop watching it if you don't distract them from it every 20 seconds

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

poverty goat posted:

if it was a good sport there'd be more than 11 minutes of it in a 3 hour block imo. this just goes to show that the NFL and their broadcasters already know what we're all thinking: this poo poo sucks and people might stop watching it if you don't distract them from it every 20 seconds

red zone bitch

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

poverty goat posted:

It should be like hockey, 4 lines, keep rotating them as required.

200 man rosters.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Live games are pretty fun if the team is good and the fan base isn’t apathetic. I can’t afford Seahawks game usually because I’m a poor but I went to 2016’s opener and it was insanely loud.

When I lived in dc the Wizards sucked poo poo and the arena must’ve been half empty a lot of the time—was pretty grim.

This is also how Mariner games are. T Mobile field is a place one can get some reading done these days.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

poverty goat posted:

the problem with this graph is it pretends like the time in between plays is just "players standing around"

but watching how the players line up, the QB read and change the play, that's an interesting part of the game too

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

you broke my grill posted:

the problem with this graph is it pretends like the time in between plays is just "players standing around"

but watching how the players line up, the QB read and change the play, that's an interesting part of the game too

Pretend I posted a pie chart where only 1 person in America is entertained by football players standing around between plays

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

red zone bitch

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

red zone bitch

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

red zone bitch

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

poverty goat posted:

Now do baseball. Fricken commie

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The Kansas City Chiefs and living god-boy Patrick Mahomes will go to the goddamn superbowl of footballs and it will be GLORIOUS

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Go The Your Washington Football Redskins

everyones getting injured again, nobody wants to play here, it's all bad and very bad.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Washington State University Cougars Football Team Are Blessed By God. H*sky stadium will be demolished by Mt Rainier in a show of divine judgment.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Scott Hanson is a god among mortals

nut
Jul 30, 2019

i like when we score because the crew and i kiss

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

you broke my grill posted:

plus it gives you time to drink beer and goof off with friends/talk poo poo to people in the bar next to you because they are rooting for your teams rival or you are pissed at them for being from a place you don't really like

it's a social game to watch, basically, and you can always tell the turbospergs who can't recognize that.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Tumble posted:

plus it gives you time to drink beer and goof off with friends/talk poo poo to people in the bar next to you because they are rooting for your teams rival or you are pissed at them for being from a place you don't really like

it's a social game to watch, basically, and you can always tell the turbospergs who can't recognize that.

beats a man to death over a sport best played by women

"wot are you talkin about im plenty social mate"

advances on you

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Scott Hanson is a god among mortals

i was legit sad he broke his streak of 4 years without a piss break.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Chinatown posted:

i was legit sad he broke his streak of 4 years without a piss break.

man whispering into the emperors ear

"even you will have to take a pee break"

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

im watching the florida alligators play the miami hurricanes in a game of american football

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist
Congrats to Pellini's Penguins for their win today. Defense looks dominant. They may make a run at a NC this year,

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

im watching the florida alligators play the miami hurricanes in a game of american football

As a Miami Hurricanes fan I am disappointed but not surprised at the goings on to this point.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

As a Miami Hurricanes fan I am disappointed but not surprised at the goings on to this point.

good news florida can't even execute a simple hand-off

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Tumble posted:

you didnt say anything good about the game. literally anything could have been the ______ they were passionate about. the scene you described was of men who had to latch on to something anything at all to fill the void in their personal lives that a normal person who is capable of conversation and managing their money so that they can do fun things regularly has no trouble with. may god have mercy on your soul

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

gary oldmans diary posted:

you didnt say anything good about the game. literally anything could have been the ______ they were passionate about. the scene you described was of men who had to latch on to something anything at all to fill the void in their personal lives that a normal person who is capable of conversation and managing their money so that they can do fun things regularly has no trouble with. may god have mercy on your soul

I just like it when the spandex men give each other traumatic brain injuries weirdo

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

countdown to NHL preseason where we can all enjoy a sport that’s actually fun to watch

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

it's fun to start drinking beer at 11 in the morning and keep drinking all the way through the pac 12 night games and spend the entirety of sunday watching nfl on the couch while you nurse your raging hangover

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

the radness of football is implied automatically

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

a very cool and extremely rare superpower is the ability to enjoy 2 sports

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

red zone bitch

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

a very cool and extremely rare superpower is the ability to enjoy 2 sports
3 sports would be even better. it would be guaranteed that at least 1 of them wasnt football or baseball

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

3 sports would be even better. it would be guaranteed that at least 1 of them wasnt football or baseball

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

football would be cooler if you had to throw the ball through smaller goalposts to score points and also instead of running w/ it you had to dribble the football

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Tom Gorman posted:

football would be cooler if you had to throw the ball through smaller goalposts to score points and also instead of running w/ it you had to dribble the football

Dribbling a football is not easy anyway you should start the league

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chinatown give this guy a super swirly.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

Chinatown give this guy a super swirly.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1165436299320483840?s=09

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

lol

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Cowboys kicked the Texans rear end tonight.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Both Mayfield and Winston were boring af last night. But it’s Bucs Vs Browns in the preseason, so at least club seats were like nine dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

crushing tacates with the boys watching the passes and kicks the pure atheleticism while we run the old fantasy draft league and play corn hole or fantasy corn hole