Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

Cloth seats are demonstrably better than leather seats for cars, and for all seats really.

Leather smells better, resists stains, and lasts longer

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
the leather market died back in 1982

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

The salesman who sold me my VW jetta back in the day was the first person I'd heard use the phrase "vegan leather"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

scandinavian leather

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
leather-as-a-material

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Leather is hot and sticky and cracks like a motherfucker. It's nice and all but cloth is superior.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It's about time imo, OP.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
*knocks at door*

Excuse me, Miss. I wonder do you have a minute to talk with me about leather?

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
This is really weird. If you look at the fred leather indexes, it is crashing off its Obama era leather bubble.

Why did it bubble up in the first place? Has trump secretly rolled back leather sex toy tariffs?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i can finally afford tassels for my jackets, loafers, and assless chaps

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
going to exercise some options on some collateralized leather obligations and make out like a bandit

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I want a full length leather coat like an Albanian gangster or detective from 2002

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Time to get that trenchcoat I've always wanted for a couple weeks in 8th grade

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

KakerMix posted:

Leather is hot and sticky and cracks like a motherfucker. It's nice and all but cloth is superior.

But only a handful of cloths are jizz-stain resistant

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Willfrey posted:

Time to get that trenchcoat I've always wanted for a couple weeks in 8th grade

I mean they are making another Matrix film so Big Trenchcoat is gearing for a renaissance!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

How expensive could cow skin possibly be? It grows on its own and you just slip it off when it's done and dry it and sell it. Anything above $5 seems like a scam

DementedGaz
Aug 16, 2019
i always preferred eating the cow over wearing it

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Buy RM Williams products. The leather is made out of Australians, it's great.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

KakerMix posted:

It’s not hot if it’s ventilated and it doesn’t crack if it’s properly cared for.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You either pay $2000 up front for the leather or you’re going to lose $2000 when you go to trade it in due to all the jizz stains that you can’t get out of the cloth.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I guess the crackdown on mass shooters is really taking a bite out of the leather trench coat market.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
oh god

i should have made a 'tranch coat' joke

because bad loans were sold in tranches

dang

OG Algier
Aug 5, 2019

After speaking with my accountant today about the state of my leather market investments I have some good news to share with you all.

As it turns out I am not completely broke. Thankfully, the leather fund I am heavily invested in is diversified into many types of pelts/furs/skins which are thriving in this leather abundant environment. The trappers have sent word that this season's yield of raccoon pelts is of the highest quality. You absolutely can not lose with pelts and furs.

For those of you with other livestock based financial instruments: I would recommend moving your ivory securities due to the situation in Hong Kong being what it is.

I am greatly impressed with the wealth of knowledge about the leather markets in this thread. It has been a long while since I've had such a stimulating leather based discussion.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

lt_kennedy posted:

I mean they are making another Matrix film so Big Trenchcoat is gearing for a renaissance!

This confirms it, it's an artificial low. Make a new matrix movie so that people get jazzed up about leather trenchcoats(notice how these jackets contain the most leather out of any leather jackets!!), drop the price to get people into stores then once you're ready to buy, big leather jacks up the price 5000% and you have no choice but to spend the money!

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Ripoff posted:

How the hell are Americans eating more beef than ever? Have we moved to beef 3 meals a day, lacing Frosted Flakes with ground sirloin now?

There’s no loving way Americans can actually add more beef to our diets.

It's all the Chinese buying our beef. As usual, Americans take the blame for the Chinese

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
does this mean beef jerky is finally going to be affordable again or not

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its leather. its what they made the straps out of that held the lunar lander to the apollo rocket

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Imagine buying a car without leather air heated/air conditioned seats. Lol

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just imagine, citizen

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

marijuanamancer posted:

just imagine, citizen

Cloth is demonstrably inferior. Sorry for your aspirations for

https://youtu.be/uvyTTx33PPQ

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Gotta buy all that leather stuff so I fit in with all the post-apocalyptic prison-gay raider tribes in the upcoming nightmare desert hellscape the world's on the precipice of becoming.

Gonna be great.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

Cloth is demonstrably inferior. Sorry for your aspirations for

https://youtu.be/uvyTTx33PPQ

based burt owns the landscape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4c3YklwCwM

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Day 419: I have been trapped under this pile of surplus leather now for more than a year. Spirits are low. I'm pretty sure my left leg isn't working anymore. The plus side is I can't feel the agonizing pain which had been afflicting it for more than a month. It seems no matter how much of this leather I consume the mountain above me never gets any smaller. Thank god for the steady supply of bugs coming to eat the sinew from the pile of purses that collapsed on top of the leather sheets. They are now my only source of liquid. I have begun farming them and drinking their sweet juices. I just truly wish leather had never become so cheap. I was such a fool. But how could I resist? How could anyone?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Leather is obviously inferior that's why cowboys wear cloth boots and they make footballs out of cloth and I have a cloth buttplug.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The Leatherman episode of the dollop is weird and interesting

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/the-leatherman

Buca di Peppo
Aug 28, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I have cloth seats and they suck, it’s true , I want leather seats , but I don’t want cows to have to make up the difference, because I feel bad for them, animals suffering , but I also just ate a huge burger .

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Buca di Peppo posted:

I have cloth seats and they suck, it’s true , I want leather seats , but I don’t want cows to have to make up the difference, because I feel bad for them, animals suffering , but I also just ate a huge burger .

Native Americans used every part of an animal. Your wasteful for not getting leather car seats

Buca di Peppo
Aug 28, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Burt Sexual posted:

Native Americans used every part of an animal. Your wasteful for not getting leather car seats

They weren’t an option at the time. I did eat every part of the burger tho :patriot:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Buca di Peppo posted:

They weren’t an option at the time. I did eat every part of the burger tho :patriot:

Get beefy goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
get some guns goon