Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

How the hell did this franchise get off the ground after episode 4 5 and 6 (the originals)? The movie is plain trash and invite and Star Wars lovers to defend this piece of rotten stool.

Jar Jar Binks and his slobbering grunting king is incredibly stupid.

The pod race is stupid. This young kid is left on the starting blocks for about 30 seconds and somehow comes from behind to win?? Wtf. At the speed those thins go there is no way he could catch up to the pack.

The two headed pod race announcers.

The giant flying elephant nosed looking trader who is Anakins boss. Really??

The only good part was the kick rear end Sith and the fine fine queen.

Let this thread be about how stupid the franchise is and ridicule the lovers of this Disney bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
jar jar binks. more like fart fart stinks

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Piggy Smalls posted:

The movie is plain trash and invite and Star Wars lovers to defend this piece of rotten stool.

SW nerds love to poo poo on Episode 1. It's a pathetic joke of a film.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Piggy Smalls posted:

The movie is plain trash and invite and Star Wars lovers to defend this piece of rotten stool.

Resting Lich Face posted:

SW nerds love to poo poo on Episode 1. It's a pathetic joke of a film.
came here to say this. op is just saying water is wet and preaching the choir. nobody loves ep 1 and it was poo poo on far and wide when it came out by sw and non-sw fans. i will say the prequels have seen a little more positivity the last several years, probably more young-in gen-z reflecting back upon childhood rose-tinted glasses, than it did at release but it's still widely negative.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

The whole series sucked rear end. The “let’s release a new episode every year to milk these idiots” is amazingly funny.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Xaris posted:

came here to say this. op is just saying water is wet and preaching the choir. nobody loves ep 1 and it was poo poo on far and wide when it came out by sw and non-sw fans. i will say the prequels have seen a little more positivity the last several years, probably more young-in gen-z reflecting back upon childhood rose-tinted glasses, than it did at release but it's still widely negative.

2 and 3 are better in context with other parts of canon, namely The Clone Wars. They're still not great though, but I still enjoy them because what the hell, I just love me some Star Wars.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

Wow exciting revelations for a 20 year old children's movie that everyone already hates

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's a thread from 10 years ago.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Suck it. First time for me to see it. I read today they are making a Disney hotel with Star Wars theme. This is an example of leave well enough alone.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Hell Yeah posted:

it's a thread from 10 years ago.
unfrozen caveman poster
we must be careful not to alarm him

let's try to recreate the atmosphere he's used to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m48GqaOz90

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
I think it's good. :colbert:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Hell Yeah posted:

it's a thread from 20 years ago.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jar Jar Binks is the only good Star Wars character.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Resting Lich Face posted:

I just love me some Star Wars.

ew gross why

pram
Jun 10, 2001
now THIS is podracing!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
CGI looked good at the time. Teenage me was blown away by the realism. I tried watching it a few years ago and thought it looked like a 90’s windows wallpaper in retrospect.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
OP I'm taking your thread to Coruscant.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Ok, Episode 1 had Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor which gave it the sex appeal it needed to bring in the horney nerd crowd. Warwick Davis was in it for a few seconds, which is good because the adoring cinema crowd would have turned into a crazed mob if he were to be given a line.

It's cool see Darth Vader's origin story. You can see little baby Vader help his mom around the house. Anyway, if this were 1999, and I had to pick between Star Wars and Inspector Gadget, I'd pick Star Wars.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Mooey Cow posted:

OP I'm taking your thread to Coruscant.

Where are you taking them?

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Star Wars is great fun. I only need to hear the opening parp and I instantly have an erection.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
When Zorg was choking and pressing all the buttons what the hell was that happy snout creature? What button summons that?

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Icochet posted:

When Zorg was choking and pressing all the buttons what the hell was that happy snout creature? What button summons that?

The button labelled 'Friendship'

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Sounds magic

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

I liked in Star Wars when they collected the 4 Element stones and had to rescue Jar Jar with his multipass

KING EGG
Dec 1, 2000

Saturday is "Treat Day"
George Lucas needs a beard otherwise his neck just joins his face.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Where are you taking them?

To Coruscant.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I fuckin loved EVERY second, OP

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hooting in orgasmic glee every few moments in the theater.
A fish chase scene?
Yes. More.
That was me. Just thick fat ropes of movie going delight each and every time I experience the bliss that is this movie.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

gently caress off, OP. The pod race was cool.

Also, the trailer gave off a way different vibe than the actual movie did. The trailer got everyone hyped.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Episode one was pretty good, too bad about the other 5 or 6. Needed more talking scenes and less juvenile pew pew lasers though.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You wouldn't think that Han Solo had such magnificent tits, but boy would you be wrong. Wow.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Remember in Episode 1 when that critter farts in Jar Jar’s face?

That’s all I remember.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Star wars 1: Little orphan Annie

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

ballistics statistics posted:

gently caress off, OP. The pod race was cool.

Also, the trailer gave off a way different vibe than the actual movie did. The trailer got everyone hyped.

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6hOlI9cg4o

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was maybe 16 when it came out and was super into Star Wars and got tickets to the midnight show and was just so excited. All midnight shows are fun since the crowd really gets into it, but when the movie ended I thought "Well I didn't gather everything so I'll just have to see it again." Little did I know that it just sucked.

I think I still like Episode 1 better than 2 and 3. Then it's all just Anakin whining like a teenager the whole movie.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was maybe 16 when it came out and was super into Star Wars and got tickets to the midnight show and was just so excited. All midnight shows are fun since the crowd really gets into it, but when the movie ended I thought "Well I didn't gather everything so I'll just have to see it again." Little did I know that it just sucked.

I think I still like Episode 1 better than 2 and 3. Then it's all just Anakin whining like a teenager the whole movie.

No way dude, Episode 3 was the bestest one!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Dude, a bunch of internet nerds kickstarted their whole careers by explaining exactly why eps 1-3 are bad over like 4 hours of videos and they have a megathread on this very forum and you're only just hearing about this.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Poor guy :(

Good Ol Filbert posted:

No way dude, Episode 3 was the bestest one!

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Podracing scene was ripped off from a 1970s Norwegian puppet movie. Not making GBS threads you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

He could have used a Big Brother type of program, if you ask me. Somebody to steer him in the right direction.