Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
about 5k but I have a mortgage so i guess negative 300k or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I’m about 300k in debt and that number keeps going up. Pretty sure I don’t actually own anything.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

with hosed cost of living i wouldnt be surprised if the majority of *nOrMaL* people are just getting more poor

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

with hosed cost of living i wouldnt be surprised if the majority of *nOrMaL* people are just getting more poor

1.0 Trillion Credit Card debt.
1.6 Trillion Student Loan debt.
15.6 Trillion Mortgage debt.

When I win the Mega Millions lottery I will pay all of this off.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I have about $69,420 disposable income

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Great thread comrade Amicus, help us identify the rich among us

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
1/3 of my pay is rent and bills.

Like 1/3 of my day is work.

immortalyawn fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 28, 2019

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
somewhere between one dollar and ten billion dollars

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
You know what owns? Paying for fulltime daycare for your kid because you have to work fulltime too :waycool:

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Unless you have enough $ to leave a house or homes at least for your kids and pay their education...why are you having kids?

Did you go, wow, this world is awesome, lets bring others into it without their consent and make them fight to survive.

I had a hard rear end time, posted online how it sucked but sure, lets make more people and make them suffer, because looking at nature and hugs is good enough.

Accidental births get a slide, but by choice, and youre not a millionaire...yeah not great and kinda ignorant as poo poo and evil.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I luv 2 fuk

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

immortalyawn posted:

Unless you have enough $ to leave a house or homes at least for your kids and pay their education...why are you having kids?

Did you go, wow, this world is awesome, lets bring others into it without their consent and make them fight to survive.

I had a hard rear end time, posted online how it sucked but sure, lets make more people and make them suffer, because looking at nature and hugs is good enough.

Accidental births get a slide, but by choice, and youre not a millionaire...yeah not great and kinda ignorant as poo poo and evil.

My plan is to harvest any eventual children for organs so that I can live forever. When my body breaks down enough I believe technology will be sufficiently advanced that I could transfer my brain into the body of one of my children.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Only enough for like two or three hookers, tops.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
i have $.00000012 million dollars

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

immortalyawn posted:

Bitter much?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

bradzilla posted:

I have about $69,420 disposable income

:eyepop:

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Methanar posted:

dont ever buy a house lol

Don't buy one you can't afford. It's tough as everyone lies and says yes you can afford anything.

Also the #1 tip for credit... have a good debt:income ratio. Everything is rigged in favor of the rich

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

shut up blegum posted:

You know what owns? Paying for fulltime daycare for your kid because you have to work fulltime too :waycool:

Just turn the TV on and leave a microwave dinner on the coffee table for them. They'll be fine.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Don't buy one you can't afford. It's tough as everyone lies and says yes you can afford anything.

Also the #1 tip for credit... have a good debt:income ratio. Everything is rigged in favor of the rich

good idea just let me make more money. I already pay a 50% marginal tax rate, but thats a good idea

Methanar fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 28, 2019

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's a lot of taxes. Where the hell do you live?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

this thread's really bad and boils down to "post a contextless number" so let's post dinosaurs instead

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
???

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

none of ur business op

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Methanar posted:

good idea just let me make more money. I already pay a 50% marginal tax rate, but thats a good idea

50% of more money is still more money idiot

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Nothing of value, an old gum wrapper, some belly lent, and what appears to be an old dried booger.

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
you need like 2 million to retire at 70 so the answer now and always is "not enough"

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
on paper like $400.00 from my main source of income

if i had a good month gigging it's like $300.00 cash which basically is just the weed paying for itself

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
About 3.5k ish a month after bills and living expenses

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

underthecube posted:

you need like 2 million to retire at 70 so the answer now and always is "not enough"

what you need like 2 million to retire basically the instant you have 2 million (lol) not at 70. you dont need to spend 100k+ per year and most of us aren't making it to 90 anyway, not in this economy.

anyway we are 1 student loan payment away from having no debt by 34, welp.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Enough to tell you to gently caress OFF!

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Do you remember learning about imaginary numbers in algebra?

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I have quite a bit left but I'm not trying to live in astoria or whatever

And I went to music school, lol

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

charity rereg posted:

what you need like 2 million to retire basically the instant you have 2 million (lol) not at 70. you dont need to spend 100k+ per year and most of us aren't making it to 90 anyway, not in this economy.

anyway we are 1 student loan payment away from having no debt by 34, welp.

Yeah, you can draw 4% from 2 million pretty safely. That's my goal and when I hit it, I'm done working. Only 2 million to go!

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
usually enough to buy a case of tuna for my poverty rice!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

0 because of credit card debt because I keep getting drunk and two days later I find out I spent $2,000 on Amazon and I’m too ashamed to return the stuff.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

None of your beeswax OP geez louise

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

With $2m you could do outrageously stupid poo poo like put it all into an immediate annuity and still be able to retire comfortable with a 5% COLA rider while taking in more than six figures a year for the rest of your life. Never mind how much you could make buy purchasing a couple of rental properties and investing the rest in income focused strategies. Hell, at my bank we have some proprietary income strategy funds that consistently out perform the S&P indexes. Then again, most large banks have proprietary managed funds that lay waste to indexes, but getting into them takes minimums that most people don't have. And in my bank even if you have the minimums it doesn't mean that we'll let you into the program to actually have the option of investing in them.

Being a rich people banker is hands down the worst job I've ever had, but getting to tell people "you're not rich enough to be considered" is a highlight of my month when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

bird with big dick posted:

0 because of credit card debt because I keep getting drunk and two days later I find out I spent $2,000 on Amazon and I’m too ashamed to return the stuff.

There really needs to be a sticky about alcoholism in GBS because there are constantly super casual posts about massive alcoholism