Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

2020 looking up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Any news on this for this year

And are we all finished watching American Horror Story - Ratched?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Definitely not this year- FX has officially moved it to 2021, as per a quick note way down this article. The man himself confirmed on Instagram that production has been halted all this time and is supposed to resume in October.

I have no idea if this means they will wait until next fall or push it out whenever it's ready, which would still be months from now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I binged through Hotel this week as I realized the series is on Netflix and it was pretty drat good. Murderhouse maybe edges it out for me still, but maybe that was from live watching it with goons and getting to discover the madness that is AHS together. Have to go back to watch Asylum too!

I nearly fied laughing when the ”you may be a witch... but I’m a ghost!” scene happened. That perfectly hammy line delivery was just distilled AHS.

God drat this show :allears:

Can’t wait to keep going!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Ryan Murphy just posted this

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMPxVjtHQWG/?igshid=12zz660dl6802

:swoon:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/MrRPMurphy/status/1373046632065814529

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AHSFX/status/1404831071632510976

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
So we get essentially two, probably somewhat related, 6 episode seasons of AHS? That sounds loving amazing, especially given the shows tendency to run out of steam. They kinda did this with roanoke but I'm assuming these will be much more disparate.

April
Jul 3, 2006

The Walrus posted:

So we get essentially two, probably somewhat related, 6 episode seasons of AHS? That sounds loving amazing, especially given the shows tendency to run out of steam. They kinda did this with roanoke but I'm assuming these will be much more disparate.

I think there's 2 separate shows coming out - AHS Double Feature is the regular season, which is supposed to be two intertwined stories throughout their usual number of episodes, and AHS Stories is like a Twilight Zone thing, where every episode is a different story.

Maybe? I can't keep track of what Ryan Murphy is planning to mess up anymore.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

April posted:

I think there's 2 separate shows coming out - AHS Double Feature is the regular season, which is supposed to be two intertwined stories throughout their usual number of episodes, and AHS Stories is like a Twilight Zone thing, where every episode is a different story.

Maybe? I can't keep track of what Ryan Murphy is planning to mess up anymore.

drat you sounded so confident at first

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

timp posted:

drat you sounded so confident at first

That feeling when the self-doubt kicks in before you even finish your post.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

April posted:

So somewhere between 9 and 13 then?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Double Feature seems inadequate, there are a whole lot of things going on here

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 24, 2021

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

American Horror Stories just started airing. Currently watching the first episode. Rubber Man is back? guess i'll find out

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Scrotum Modem posted:

American Horror Stories just started airing. Currently watching the first episode. Rubber Man is back? guess i'll find out

I watched the first (two-part) episode today, it's actually pretty good!

And yes, multiple callbacks which are fun.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

I watched the first (two-part) episode today, it's actually pretty good!

And yes, multiple callbacks which are fun.

I loved that it was basically the entire first season on fastfoward, only queerer and sillier. Just a really good time.

Aaron Tviet's big sequence in part 2 was particularly funny.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Open Source Idiom posted:

I loved that it was basically the entire first season on fastfoward, only queerer and sillier. Just a really good time.

Aaron Tviet's big sequence in part 2 was particularly funny.

That's a great way to put it... And between that and the 3 part Fear Street series on Netflix, it's been a great month for queer horror

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Just finished part 1 of Rubber Woman and it was pretty good. I like this 2-part anthology idea. Judging from some of the seasons of AHS being a bit scattered, making an anthology is probably a good fit.

is the rest of the season going to be 2-parters too?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
For some reason I thought American horror stories was supposed to be one offs and not connected to anything from Story but I think they did a great job connecting these 2 to murder house

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Last Chance posted:

is the rest of the season going to be 2-parters too?

The next three are single eps. Dunno about the other ten yet (I beliebe there's 15 episodes planned).

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

The next three are single eps. Dunno about the other ten yet (I beliebe there's 15 episodes planned).

Are you a belieber? Sorry I had to it was right there

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
That was the most head scratching trash I've watched since the last AHS. God bless Ryan Murphy.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
There was some... questionable acting but all in all it was something dumb and fun for summer.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Where can I see it in the UK 😒

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Amphigory posted:

No release date yet.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Amphigory posted:

:filez:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

angerbeet posted:

There was some... questionable acting but all in all it was something dumb and fun for summer.

Yeah that's the most to take out of it. Looked like a low cost production using no namers outside of the curb your enthusiasm girl and Michael Jackson's kid. Rubber girl was the only one who could deliver a line. The rest, especially 80s knife girl, were bottom barrel SAG pickups. Still a ton of fun with so many wtf logic leaps that make up the crux of an AHS episode.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Doltos posted:

Yeah that's the most to take out of it. Looked like a low cost production using no namers outside of the curb your enthusiasm girl and Michael Jackson's kid. Rubber girl was the only one who could deliver a line. The rest, especially 80s knife girl, were bottom barrel SAG pickups. Still a ton of fun with so many wtf logic leaps that make up the crux of an AHS episode.

I wouldn't have said that about Matt Bowman, Aaron Tviet, or Gavin Creel. Merrin Dungey's a a decent character actress too.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I wouldn't have said that about Matt Bowman, Aaron Tviet, or Gavin Creel. Merrin Dungey's a a decent character actress too.

(to all four) Who?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This pops into my head literally every time I think of AHS

Still waiting patiently :unsmigghh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:unsmigghh: is very, very accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-_okHpfC94

Psyched for AHS: Desert Aliens vs Cannibal Mermaids Also Drugs And loving

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo

Macaulay Culkin is 1000% going to be playing an alien isn't he

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'm only halfway through the most recent episode of AHS(s) but it's a loving classic.

NO HOMO NO HOMO

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I'm only halfway through the most recent episode of AHS(s) but it's a loving classic.

NO HOMO NO HOMO

With it being a Christmas episode I really wanted someone to say "NO HOHOHOMO."

Also Drive-in was a great episode. I appreciate that the episodes aren't pushing social commentary as hard compared to black mirror or new twilight zone, but making fun horror first that's actually a joy to watch.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
The show is interesting, I like the anthology concept.
Though I think I would be better with a host/hostess.

Have Constance sitting at the kitchen table smoking, then a quick intro

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I’m also appreciating all the cool new intros we’re getting with each short story. Pretty sweet that the last one used the 1984 version!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is this the actual season or is there a real one coming along?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Vintersorg posted:

Is this the actual season or is there a real one coming along?

There's a real one coming. AHSs (is that how it's shortened?) is a spinoff, with episode or two contained stories instead of the usual. I think the new season of AHS is supposed to be two 6 episode mini seasons, but who knows if they'll be connected or not.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

timp posted:

I’m also appreciating all the cool new intros we’re getting with each short story. Pretty sweet that the last one used the 1984 version!

I wonder what the budget was like for just the intros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is my favorite episode

Also everyone in this thread needs to watch fear street on Netflix.

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jul 31, 2021