Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I've been trying these seltzer waters for a while now in attempt to cut back on soda. It's taken about a year but I've finally somewhat acquired the taste for it. About the only flavor I actually like is Strawberry Bubly.

I've tried La Croix, Klarbrunn, Bubly and various private label brands. I realize the flavor isn't gonna be strong with no sweeteners, but what are your go to brands/flavors for this stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

bradzilla posted:

I've been trying these seltzer waters for a while now in attempt to cut back on soda. It's taken about a year but I've finally somewhat acquired the taste for it. About the only flavor I actually like is Strawberry Bubly.

I've tried La Croix, Klarbrunn, Bubly and various private label brands. I realize the flavor isn't gonna be strong with no sweeteners, but what are your go to brands/flavors for this stuff?

Vodka soda.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Seltzer all tastes way too medicinal for me. I just do water or fake cancer-colas like coke zero

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
You can make your own at home for way cheaper and it isn't filled with minerals to give you kidney stones either.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
polar lime or the shaws brand lime

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Do any taste like Mountain Dew?

Then no.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

salt shakeup posted:

You can make your own at home for way cheaper and it isn't filled with minerals to give you kidney stones either.

No thanks

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

bradzilla posted:

Local brands here, Waterloo and Big Swig both taste great.
Cold. The colder the better.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
unflavored

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Topo Chico

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

San Pellegrino blood orange and Clearly Canadian (any flavor). That's it.

Someone on twitter or whatever said that La Croix tastes like someone yelling a flavor at you from another room and that's pretty apt. It doesn't taste like anything, it vaguely smells like a fruit and that's it.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
POLAR ORANGE AND VANILLA!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
la croix lime tastes like sprite without the sugar

bubly grapefruit, mango, apple, and watermelon are all very good

polar i like the cranberry lime and orange vanilla

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Mozi posted:

polar lime or the shaws brand lime

if you are shopping at shaws you could just buy moxie instead

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

13Pandora13 posted:

Someone on twitter or whatever said that La Croix tastes like someone yelling a flavor at you from another room and that's pretty apt. It doesn't taste like anything, it vaguely smells like a fruit and that's it.

This pretty much exactly describes the majority of the ones I've tried.

I'll give San Pellegrino a try I think.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Brolander posted:

unflavored

and ice cold

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

bradzilla posted:

This pretty much exactly describes the majority of the ones I've tried.

I'll give San Pellegrino a try I think.

The San Pellegrino prickly pear is p. good too, but the blood orange is definitely the standout. Not the regular orange (which isn't bad, just boring).

La Croix is only good for complementing a good gin. Like the pamplemousse with Hendrick's Midsummer is solid, because it adds a smell of grapefruit without taking away from the gin. But on it's own it's gross (not the gin, the gin is solid).

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It all tastes like TV static.

Yes I stole it from a meme, but it’s drat accurate.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Spindrift my friend. Spindrift is the answer to the question. They use real fruit to flavor and the bubble ratio is spot on. It has ruined all other Seltzer.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

13Pandora13 posted:

San Pellegrino blood orange is not a sparkling water, it's a "sparkling fruit beverage", and it's 140 calories a can.

It is delicious though.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Donovan Trip posted:

Spindrift my friend. Spindrift is the answer to the question. They use real fruit to flavor and the bubble ratio is spot on. It has ruined all other Seltzer.

:cheeky:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Tip posted:

San Pellegrino blood orange is not a sparkling water, it's a "sparkling fruit beverage", and it's 140 calories a can.

It is delicious though.

Ah so it's basically just soda lol

Do any chains sell Spindrift?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
you also can't go wrong with perrier or san pell, or anything else french or italian really

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
mtn dew is a seltzer with energy added to it

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Diet Coke

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Polar has some good ones, raspberry lemonade, orange vanilla, the black cherry tastes like a Cherry Coke without sweetners imo

La Croix has some of those crazy ones like pineapple strawberry and watermelon kiwi, both are good

They're pretty good OP

Edit: la Croix has a "Cola" one that is impossible to find in stores but I ordered it online out of curiosity and it tastes like the generic cola flavoring in cheap candy without sugar and tbh I enjoyed it, Kroger has store brand ones with cola, Dr. Pepper, and root beer and they all tasted like candy equivalents

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 27, 2019

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Polar has some great year-round flavors (blueberry lemonade, cherry limeade), and they have seasonal flavors. If they don't bring back Blackberry Bergamot this winter I swear to God:argh:

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
La Croix coconut doesn't take of nothing, because it tastes loving awful.

Get plain carbonated water and put a single drop of mint oil in it. Or don't even bother with carbonation, flat mint water is good too, and that way it costs about a penny a liter.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

bradzilla posted:

Ah so it's basically just soda lol

Do any chains sell Spindrift?

yeah you should be able to find it by the la croix at most grocery stores. the actual fruit they use means it's not 0 calorie but it's like 10-60 per can

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Original New York Seltzer was extremely my poo poo in the late 80s - early 90s and still retails here and there

https://www.newyorkseltzer.com/

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Polar has nice flavors, I like Perrier too, the apple and strawberry ones are nice. I also just drink unflavored seltzer.

A lot of the time you just need to adjust your tastebuds to a drink that's flavorful, but not sweet. seltzer water on a hot day is amazing

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

no, its just weak soda for people who want to look 1% classier than someone drinking a coke

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I like the blueberry lemonade from Trader Joe’s

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The generic house brand at Walgreens. I can't remember what's it's called but it has a very strong flavor, more like a soda.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Pibb Xtra

bitch!!!

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
the american brand are good they load em up with so much aspartame you can't taste any bitterness from the co2

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
which would be best for pouring in my rear end

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I've tried a lot of them and hated most of them but I really like Waterloo, specifically the black cherry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Step up to Jarritos mineragua my friend