Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Shamino posted:

That's just sugar free soda not Seltzer.

By coincidence I'm drinking one of these right now. It's not really seltzer but it's ... seltzer-adjacent, maybe? It has that slightly astringent thing going on and is really sharp and fizzy on the tongue. More flavor than your usual seltzer, though.

It also has some stevia pong, so be aware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

kumba posted:

Polar is BOGO at Publix thru Wednesday, sorry for those of you that do not have The Best Grocer

I woke up a few min from the polar plant, you can have your Florida

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Mirage posted:

By coincidence I'm drinking one of these right now. It's not really seltzer but it's ... seltzer-adjacent, maybe? It has that slightly astringent thing going on and is really sharp and fizzy on the tongue. More flavor than your usual seltzer, though.

It also has some stevia pong, so be aware.

Hah. That's funny.

Also, I agree with your assessment :)

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Also, currently drinking polar Mandarin. Remnant from a big ol multi pack at BJs. Brought it to the exercise bike, a little trick I learned from the hotel gym in the Omni Frisco in TX, where they had seltzer on tap in the actual gym lol

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen anyone mention the upscale Safeway generic (Soleil). I hella like the Cucumber Melon.

Does anyone have any experience with the non-SodaStream carbonators (Drinkmate and Aarke were mentioned in the stupid questions thread)? I drink a shitload of carbonated water, and would like to at least cut down on environmental impact (waste and transport). Drinkmate even looks to come in a bit cheaper than the Costco LaCroix I usually get ($.22/12oz. vs. $.33/12oz.).

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Apparently, I killed this thread before, but I'm bringing it back.

I just tried AHA, both the Blueberry Pomegranate and the Orange Grapefruit; they're hella good.

Apple and Peach Soleil are legit, too, though the Cranberry Raspberry Soleil is probably my current favorite.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

reported for thread necromancy.

Lazarus Long
Dec 13, 2002
Used to go back and forth between Polar and La Croix until I discovered La Croix Limonchello. It's part of a variety pack at Costco with Watermelon and Hibiscus...if that ever goes away I will be sad.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Hint water is where it's at

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I tried a cherry bubly today because it was the only seltzer the store had, and it was pretty good. 7/10

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
put gin in it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've fallen OFF the seltzer train as of late. I have NO seltzer to recommend. However, I've heard rumors that Clearly Canadian is coming back in various markets and I'm excited about this.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

im still drinking polar or store brand which is also probably polar, as i have been for about 30 years, and will be for 30 more

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lazarus Long posted:

Used to go back and forth between Polar and La Croix until I discovered La Croix Limonchello. It's part of a variety pack at Costco with Watermelon and Hibiscus...if that ever goes away I will be sad.
I love watermelon, and I have not seen that variety pack at Costco or I would have snatched it up just for that. Haven't tried the Limoncello, either; I tried the fancier LaCroixs (like, the cherry lime or whatever) and was not impressed.

gey muckle mowser posted:

I tried a cherry bubly today because it was the only seltzer the store had, and it was pretty good. 7/10
Bubbly is legit, their cherry is probably my favorite of theirs.

bradzilla posted:

Hint water is where it's at
I only ever see Hint in single-serve bottles at like gas station convenience stores.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Get a soda stream and make your own low or no sugar drinks.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
Polar grapefruit and Lime are my favorites. AHA's Green tea citrus one is very nice if you want a little caffeine.

For unflavored I usually just make my own.

For anyone who still doesn't like seltzer, here's my story of how I actually started to like it: I was trying to cut down on nice beers to save money and to be a little healthier. One day at the grocery store, I picked up a 6 or 12 pack of Yuengling Light, and a 6 pack of unflavored seltzers. I remembered not liking seltzer when I tried it many years ago as a kid, but I figured maybe I'd try it sometime.

I drank the Yuenglings for a week or so, and then one night I decided to just try the seltzer. To my amazement, the unflavored seltzer had more flavor than the light beer, and tasted much better. :aaa: From then on, I've been in love with seltzer.

So, if you don't like seltzer, just drink some lovely light beer until your palate adjusts to thinking it's decent.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Pawn 17 posted:

Get a soda stream and make your own low or no sugar drinks.

Do what I did, and for the same price (or less) you can build your own carbonation system.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

pseudorandom posted:

Do what I did, and for the same price (or less) you can build your own carbonation system.

That's pretty awesome actually! The soda stream refill bottles do get a bit expensive if you use it all the time.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Statutory Ape posted:

im still drinking polar or store brand which is also probably polar, as i have been for about 30 years, and will be for 30 more

Polar is my go-to as well, and I can’t tell if that’s because I’m a former Masshole or because it’s actually better. Their black cherry rules.

Schweppes can gently caress off with those tall, narrow cans, too, those always feel weird to me.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
imagine drinking carbonated water with sugar lol

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.
I've been enjoying the San Pel blood orange raspberry a lot.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I picked up the LaCroix Hibiscus for the first time... most excellent, highly recommend. It makes a fantastic mixer, too.

Also got the LaCroix Cubana and Coffee Exotica from the Ni-Cola line. I really like the Cubana, though I could see some people finding it too toothpaste-esque. The Coffee Exotica is... fine. A bit weird, but fine.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Amelias also has a black cherry seltzer...with caffeine. Only the one flavor, but hey, its got about as much caffeine in a liter as about two cans of coke, and its not bad.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Ok so I didn't know what Seltzer is but it is the English version of Selters which is a mineral water with natural carbonation that tastes good.
So to answer the question which Seltzer water tastes good, the answer is Selters.

Other waters that are good are Gerolsteiner, which has a fuckton of minerals like magnesium or whatever.

Also, if you need to artificially put carbonation in your water, you spring is trash.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Polar is my go-to as well, and I can’t tell if that’s because I’m a former Masshole or because it’s actually better. Their black cherry rules.

Schweppes can gently caress off with those tall, narrow cans, too, those always feel weird to me.

Naw Polar is clearly the best, it can just be a pain in the rear end to find the more out there flavors, which are almost always better.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I drank too much soda water and I got all gassy and I fardded real hard and instead of just gas I blew a ton of poo poo out my butt hole and it got all over in my pants because I was still wearing them

basically the gist of it is that I poo poo my pants guys. I poo poo my pants real bad. Dont be a fool like I was and drink too much seltzer water or you might just poo poo your pants also ):

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there is, OP, it's called la croix

Rhadamanthus
Dec 12, 2004

I roll a lotta sushi, roll 'em fat like John Belushi; call me Desi Arnaz, dogg, I love the Lucy.
La Croix is for mental defectives who suck poo poo out of each other's asses with tubes (excepting the passionfruit flavor).

Polar gang gang.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Did anyone beat me to

The Brian Seltzer Orchestra Water

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Drank a whole twelver of Polar Black Cherry yesterday. So good on a hot day.

Unflavored polar with pineapple juice to taste over ice kicks rear end on a hot day, too.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Theres all these seltzer’s now that suddenly have added caffeine in them, which is alright I guess. I got one thinking it was black cherry flavor, which I love, but it’s black cherry AND coffee and, ughh, not a fan.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nooner posted:

I drank too much soda water and I got all gassy and I fardded real hard and instead of just gas I blew a ton of poo poo out my butt hole and it got all over in my pants because I was still wearing them

basically the gist of it is that I poo poo my pants guys. I poo poo my pants real bad. Dont be a fool like I was and drink too much seltzer water or you might just poo poo your pants also ):

I saw this on the news and it was real bad
watch out for seltzers in your neighborhood

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This is an entire thread about watered down juice?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

An Ounce of Gold posted:

This is an entire thread about watered down juice?

Congratulations on your comprehension :)

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks, I've worked years on it. Now the big questions is.... WHY?

WHY, why do you drink it? TELL ME! YOU SICK SONS OF BITCHES!

Look at yourselves. Take a long deep look in the mirror you dirty assholes...

This is what you've become!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It doesn't give me diabetes

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I like the way it tastes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Biohazard posted:

Apparently I’m the only one who likes laxcrouis coconut flavor. I said it recently and people at work stared at me like I said I enjoy stabbing babies. Just total disgust.

I dunno, it’s refreshing to me.

coconut is a polarizing flavour. winco sells chunks of dried coconut that are delicious but when i took some to work about half of people would never eat coconut on purpose.

topo was go-to but coke bought em so gently caress em anyway

thinking bout just getting a machine to do it myself, plain cold-or-warm-or-hot water is one o my favourite drink flavours anyway. has anyone tried making carbonated coffee? ive had coffee mixed with soda before, as a quick free breakfast and its pretty good.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I was raised drinking diet soda, to the point where regular soda tastes sickly sweet and feels like it leaves a weird coating on my teeth when I drink it.

I don't like plain water, so this is the next-best thing.

Khanstant posted:

coconut is a polarizing flavour. winco sells chunks of dried coconut that are delicious but when i took some to work about half of people would never eat coconut on purpose.

thinking bout just getting a machine to do it myself, plain cold-or-warm-or-hot water is one o my favourite drink flavours anyway. has anyone tried making carbonated coffee? ive had coffee mixed with soda before, as a quick free breakfast and its pretty good.
I'm in Seattle, but a lot of places here do Nitro-Brew coffee which tastes like a lightly-carbonated coffee (I really like it). Starbucks does it, so I'd be surprised if it weren't done lots of other places, too.

There's also the LaCroix Coffee Exotica flavor, but that isn't caffeinated, and definitely more on the "coffee-flavored water" spectrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Khanstant posted:

coconut water (actual coconut milk, not flavored water) is my go to hangover cure. Or treatment. It makes me feel like I'm doing something to help myself, when I'm not actually doing poo poo. At least I'm hydrating.