Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Thanatosian posted:

There's also the LaCroix Coffee Exotica flavor, but that isn't caffeinated, and definitely more on the "coffee-flavored water" spectrum.

This sounds good, I have one thermal cup that I just use for coffee and water and it's often a situation of just coffee flavoured ice water, which I really enjoy. Used to work at a place that also had infinite tea available so coffee-tea-water is also great. Or if you leave a half cup of coffee overnight and its a little too thick-bitter in the next morning, put in in Special Cup and it's delicious coffee-water again.

Biohazard posted:

coconut water (actual coconut milk, not flavored water) is my go to hangover cure. Or treatment. It makes me feel like I'm doing something to help myself, when I'm not actually doing poo poo. At least I'm hydrating.

coconut milk... the fake-milk for cereal, not the fluid from inside a coconut, is pretty good too. I like coconut. Can you eat the hard brown part, boil it down? What about the husky part around it, could we grind it into pills or something?

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

This sounds good, I have one thermal cup that I just use for coffee and water and it's often a situation of just coffee flavoured ice water, which I really enjoy. Used to work at a place that also had infinite tea available so coffee-tea-water is also great. Or if you leave a half cup of coffee overnight and its a little too thick-bitter in the next morning, put in in Special Cup and it's delicious coffee-water again.
It has a cola flavor to it, as well. Definitely just buy, like, one pack and try it before you go HAM on it. It's kinda weird.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Khanstant posted:

...Can you eat the hard brown part, boil it down? What about the husky part around it, could we grind it into pills or something?

I'm pretty sure people use the husk in the process of growing magic mushrooms so.... it has it's uses, yeah.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Clean, unflavored with the most aggressive bubbles possible is the only answer

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Brolander posted:

Clean, unflavored with the most aggressive bubbles possible is the only answer

I'm trying to think of what is the max CO2 you can dissolve? I mean I know it's a function of temperature, but surely if you managed to supercool water, carbonating it would make it freeze over instantly?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i used to be on the coconut water train for hangovers but hydralyte works better and doesnt taste as weird

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

eSports Chaebol posted:

I'm trying to think of what is the max CO2 you can dissolve? I mean I know it's a function of temperature, but surely if you managed to supercool water, carbonating it would make it freeze over instantly?

I went to a bar that had some kind of super chilled carbonation system for their highballs that would make seltzer that was right on the line of supercooled. It led to some aggressively bubbly seltzer. And brain freeze.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I use hydration salts mixed with (surprise) seltzer water for hangovers. Split one packet between two cans of seltzer water. It tastes a little weird, but is pretty good. I've found it goes best with the LaCroix Hibiscus (really covers the salt flavor, for some reason).

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm bringing this thread back. My boss brought in a SodaStream, what are the best flavors to use with it? Just the ones sold by SodaStream, or are there better ones out there?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I like the lime and the cucumber but honestly I just chug it plain.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Is there a black cherry one? Black cherry seltzer rules.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mozi posted:

I like the lime and the cucumber but honestly I just chug it plain.

Are you talking the branded ones, the Bubly ones, or third-party ones?

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Stop & Stop Clear Splash is my favorite grocery store brand. I love Sparkling Water & drink like a liter a day. I figure besides straight water it's about as good as I can get.

Something about Seltzer isn't as good, too bubbly maybe? Makes it feel too acidic.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol this thread. I loving love basically all seltzer waters now. Hint is loving wonderful but I only buy it on sale since it's expensive as gently caress

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Last night I made an ice cream float with pineapple coconut ice cream and pineapple Bubly and it was really good.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
you're approaching it the wrong way trying to find a tasty brand... take a page from kool keith's book and use your will power to convert to the 98-year-old frigerator lifestyle

https://youtube.com/watch?v=66OQ-GPYfCE

no one will steal your yoo-hoo if you make the jump. take it from black elvis

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Didn’t read the op but this thread better have been nine pages of ripping on this dude for his baby taste buds based on the title alone

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

owned by the guy that can't read 4 sentences

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
sparkling mineral water. try borjomi

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Coconut Lacroix mixed with pineapple Bubly and a wedge of lime.

Mango Lacroix goes really well with spicy curry.

I also like the A-Ha brand caffeinated green tea/citrus seltzer.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
drinking a tangeringe lacroix rn

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
I want to make vodka soda on tap at home is this possible

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

SchnorkIes posted:

I want to make vodka soda on tap at home is this possible

its extremely possible but kinda expensive and also if you gently caress up you'll get a good lesson in how even just a few ounces of fluid, dispersed somewhat evenly over a 6 foot radius, is QUITE A MESS (though to be fair for vodka soda i guess you could just ignore it and let it dry lol)

a post mix soda gun at home is not practical however. its barely practical for a small restaurant. you can however just get premix kegs of soda and have that on tap

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Hibiscus Lacroix op

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Okay, been using the SodaStream for a bit, now, and it seems bad. The water goes flat in less than a day, and the flavor all seems to sink to the bottom, so the top part of the bottle is virtually flavorless, and the bottom part is overpowering. Am I doing something wrong? I've even tried flipping the bottle over after putting in the flavor.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

store the bottles upside down

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
true seltzerheads just chug it straight. i go through 2 or 3 bottles a day lol

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Mozi posted:

true seltzerheads just chug it straight. i go through 2 or 3 bottles a day lol

please. chugging from a bottle is far too dainty for me. i shoot the soda out of the siphon straight into my mouth, like im drinking piss

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Thanatosian posted:

Okay, been using the SodaStream for a bit, now, and it seems bad. The water goes flat in less than a day, and the flavor all seems to sink to the bottom, so the top part of the bottle is virtually flavorless, and the bottom part is overpowering. Am I doing something wrong? I've even tried flipping the bottle over after putting in the flavor.

The use for a soda stream is to drink like 4L of unflavored carbonated water a day

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

I drink like three of these boxes every four to five days

natural carbonation, 620mg of calcium, 50mg of magnesium and a shitload of other iums per bottle

i loving love water from rocks

edit: here is a picture of me drinking my "stone seeker" water

Haramstufe Rot fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 29, 2021

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Haramstufe Rot posted:

I drink like three of these boxes every four to five days

natural carbonation, 620mg of calcium, 50mg of magnesium and a shitload of other iums per bottle

i loving love water from rocks

I would be worried about rocks in your piss with all that calcium you’re taking in.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

no you are wrong I need more calcuim

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

I will become a stone, all stone, like my heart

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Saw a fresh Aha flavor at the store that sounded pretty appealing, Mango + Black Tea, and had to scoop up a tall can. It's pretty solid, kinda tastes like a can of snapple without the sugar. It might only be in 16oz cans? 40mg caffeine per can is the exact same ratio of caffeine as a 12oz of the lemon green tea one, so that's nothing different.

A solid 7.5, would buy again.

Spindrift is still my fave, I grabbed two cases of the lime the last time I saw them at costco and still have a few left.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It's been awhile, thread.

I've been sampling some of the options at Uwajimaya, a Japanese grocery store chain.

Sanzo is an Asian-themed Spindrift; I'm not Orientalizing, the motto on the cans is "Traditional Asian flavors. Modern taste." It appears to be made in the far-off Asian country of Long Island, NY. Like Spindrift, it's lightly carbonated with a handful of calories (20ish), but not much sweetness. They're nice to change things up, but not something I'd drink regularly (especially since they cost like $2.79 a can).

The Calamansi flavor tastes like lime; pretty solid 7 out of 10.

The Mango flavor has a bit of... I don't know, bitterness to it? It's actually pretty good, really changes up the game from the usual sparkling water fair. 8 out of 10.

The Yuzu is gross. It's not the worst sparkling water I've ever had, but it' pretty bad; they added ginger to it in what I assume was an attempt to fix it, but I feel like it just made things worse. 3 out of 10.

The Lychee is the stand-out, a little sweeter than the rest, but a very refreshing feel. 8.5 out of 10.

A company called Ocean Bomb has released a series of Sailor-Moon-themed sparkling water. They're more in the traditional 0-calorie realm, similar to a LaCroix. So far I've only been able to get two flavors:

The Pomelo flavor (Sailor Moon) is maybe the worst sparkling water I've ever had. The Yuzu flavor from Sanzo benefits from this comparison greatly.

The Lychee (Chibi Moon, according to the Sailor Moon expert in the Seattle thread) is actually really tasty, and if it weren't five loving dollars a can and almost never in-stock (in fairness, they haven't been able to keep any of them in stock), would probably turn into a regular go-to for me.

Finally, LaCroix has come out with a cherry blossom flavor that tastes like cherry-flavored sparkling water mixed with coconut-flavored sparkling water mixed with the worst parts of a Red Bull (that, like, rear end flavor). My roommate likes them, and I'm glad he does because otherwise they would still be sitting in the refrigerator.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Worf posted:

im still drinking polar or store brand which is also probably polar, as i have been for about 30 years, and will be for 30 more

I just want to amend this to say that I'm fully aware this society may not have 30 years left lol

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Anybody still drankin janjerel or has the hype died out

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Smugworth posted:

Anybody still drankin janjerel or has the hype died out

Every time I steal a catalytic converter, I celebrate with a fresh janjerel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I can't remember if I posted in this thread when it was last alive, but I will say that Spindrift makes the best seltzers out there, in large part because they use actual fruit juice instead of "essences" for the flavoring.

I am mad that they stopped making cucumber, though, and claim it is going to be a "seasonal" flavor now. It was far and away the best pre-made drink on the market.