Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If you haven't been following the social media thread, Asuka has been teasing launching some sort of YouTube or Twitch channel over the past couple of days it seems.

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1168297269818322944

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Cameo posted:

The Rock Bottom was the finisher, the People's Elbow was Rock adding insult to injury. He never pulled a "desperation" people's elbow or anything, he never used it to stop a guy rallying or anything, it was a bit of grandstanding, a part of his character. Half the time it was a move he did before the Rock Bottom, in the middle of a match, if the match was important enough. He never presented it as a finisher or an actual devastating maneuver.

No it’s because you have to charge it up first to get the power

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wanna know the pink ninja's story.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Firefly Nerdhouse

I hope she has Ember on

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
uh that elbow stopped people's hearts for three seconds, that's how the rock won with it

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/1168315612537544704

Kacy is done with WWE.

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1168316739555332101

Worth noting her last match with WWE was July 19th.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 2, 2019

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
That sucks but... yeah. If Alexa can barely make it through then Kacy was a really bad injury waiting to happen.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I know there's more to it but it's still insane to me that someone could do all that ninja warrior poo poo but couldn't last six months in the WWE system.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

karmicknight posted:

Yeah, the people's elbow was always proceeded by either the spinebuster or the rock bottom and was basically an extended pose in the middle of a match to get a great reaction, which it did perfectly.

Eh the spinebuster/elbow combinations pretty weak looking. Like the one done on CM Punk to win the title... it seems likely that the elbow was kayfabe supposed to be devastating enough to pin Punk. I don't remember if his spinebuster was ever considered a "finisher" type of move within his moveset, but in the era he did it in, it generally wasn't.

I'll totally buy that the Rock Bottom was supposed to be his true finisher when that was the combo. I think teenage me even reasoned the same taunting aspect of the elbow. But I'm pretty sure I've seen him pin quite a few people with just the mediocre looking spinebuster (if not other generic slams) People's elbow finish combo that broke kayfabe for me almost every time.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

flashy_mcflash posted:

I know there's more to it but it's still insane to me that someone could do all that ninja warrior poo poo but couldn't last six months in the WWE system.

Apparently all those reaction videos really put strain on her body

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

Apparently all those reaction videos really put strain on her body

The Florida loop is a real meat grinder.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sorry, but The People's Elbow was the finisher.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Well, in Ninja Warrior you tend to land in a pool.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Davros1 posted:

Sorry, but The People's Elbow was the finisher.

And it was bad rear end

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lumbermouth posted:

Okada does like a dozen moves, he just does them all REALLY WELL.

Yeah, one of the moves he does that gets the biggest pop and is the most highly anticipated is a dropkick. A dropkick. Sure it is the world's most beautiful dropkick and the timing is always absolutely impeccable, but it's still just a dropkick. It's crazy how he has made it such a top move.

DarkstarIV posted:

If you haven't been following the social media thread, Asuka has been teasing launching some sort of YouTube or Twitch channel over the past couple of days it seems.

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1168297269818322944

Well I guess if they're not gonna be using her (:sigh:) she might as well do something she finds fun.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, one of the moves he does that gets the biggest pop and is the most highly anticipated is a dropkick. A dropkick. Sure it is the world's most beautiful dropkick and the timing is always absolutely impeccable, but it's still just a dropkick. It's crazy how he has made it such a top move.

I believe you mean, wearing shorts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

karmicknight posted:

I believe you mean, wearing shorts.

Him teasing the shorts reveal at Royal Quest and the giant pop he got when they were revealed was amazing :allears:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That sucks about Kacy. I think she had tremendous potential. But if her back is hosed already then it’s for the best.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Not even 30 years old yet, too :smith:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

Well I guess if they're not gonna be using her (:sigh:) she might as well do something she finds fun.

Yup. Problem with the main roster WWE women's division is that unless you are in the title picture, they don't give a poo poo about you. And the title pictures is currently Sasha/Becky on RAW (which is fine), and Bayley/Charlotte on Smackdown (which is ice cold and there is very little to no heat/interest with it). And WWE had the complete lack of foresight of protecting Asuka and Kairi in their tag title matches against Alexa/Nikki (who are still full blown heels, but also heels who completely wiped out the division in two weeks).

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 2, 2019

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
The Rock finished people with the People's Elbow all the time, and it owned because The Rock was so loving cool.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The People's Elbow is more realistic than most top rope moves.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

She had outstanding potential as being an amazing pure white meat babyface. So this is for the best as even if she was healthy they would've hosed that up.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Well, in Ninja Warrior you tend to land in a pool.
yo landing in water can hurt like hell

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No Irish Need Imply posted:

yo landing in water can hurt like hell

Not from like 5 feet though.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i have no idea if it was recent but someone asked Bryan Alvarez about gymnasts transitioning to pro wrestling, and he said it can be difficult because if you're competing regularly, a lot of your body is going to be hosed up by the time you graduate college. especially your joints. so with the ridiculous training you do at the PC I'm not surprised gymnasts like catanzaro and stacey ervin washed out.

edit: i was curious what stacey ervin is doing now and it looks like he's trying to be a youtube personality. his videos get like 200-300 views each. sorta sad

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 2, 2019

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The People's Elbow is more realistic than most top rope moves.

This is actually true.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shine posted:

The Rock was so loving cool.

Controversial opinion but I'm gonna be brave and agree :hai:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Rock Bottom is a Kamehameha and the People’s Elbow is a Spirit Bomb

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The Rock Bottom is a Kamehameha and the People’s Elbow is a Spirit Bomb

Nah, Spirit Bombs never win the fight except in non-canon movies.

smikey fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 2, 2019

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gymnastics screws up your body so bad. It's why the best are either teenagers or early 20s and you rarely see any after age 30.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

smikey posted:

Nah, Spirit Bombs never win the fight except in non-canon movies.

Buu

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

The one time because it was supposed to be the end of the whole series proper, but money talks. Also that Spirit Bomb required the use of the Dragon Balls otherwise it wouldn't have done poo poo; I stand by my statement.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Moves are unnecessary. Transport 1996 Steve Austin to 2019, put him in a match with Tomohiro Ishii, they could have a 5* match with nothing but punches chops and lariats

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jesus WEP posted:

Moves are unnecessary. Transport 1996 Steve Austin to 2019, put him in a match with Tomohiro Ishii, they could have a 5* match with nothing but punches chops and lariats

Transport 2019 Hulk Hogan to a New Japan ring and I'm pretty sure Ishii could drag a **** match out of him, whether Hogan wants to or not.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

jesus WEP posted:

I don't know if Steve has ever seen an Ishii match but I think he would loving love him

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
THEN

NOW

FOREVER

https://twitter.com/rlavitt/status/1167166111940407296

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

NLRB says rinsing your workers of rights through misclassification is a-ok

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This link isn't behind a paywall as far as I can tell:

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/legal-and-compliance/employment-law/pages/misclassifying-workers-independent-contractors.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1168450132745961472?s=19

Looks like Xavier has competition incoming.