Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results:
  • Sasha Banks opened the show to talk about her months-long absence from WWE, and her return and assault of Nattie Neidhart two weeks ago. She said all the stories about throwing tantrums and taking her ball and going home were true, that she was upset to be wasting her time with the tag titles while Becky Lynch was main eventing Wrestlemania and getting paid the big bucks. Nattie rushed out and the two brawled around ringside. Despite Sasha talking mad poo poo about everybody (or perhaps because of it) the crowd remained mostly in her corner, with one fan shouting how much they loved her blue hair while she was giving babyface Nattie a beatdown.
  • The Street Profits did their normal backstage breakdown of the show, talking up Nattie vs. Sasha and explaining how a Tag Team Turmoil match works (it's a gauntlet match, they just call it something else for some reason).
  • Ricochet did an awkward, obviously scripted promo about climbing mountains and immovable objects ahead of his King of the Ring match against Drew McIntyre.
  • Ricochet proved as good as his (awkward) word when he defeated Drew in a really good match, most notable perhaps for a spot where he actually caught Drew in midair during a splash attempt and carried him to the center of the ring. Ricochet won with the 630.
  • New tag team champions Seth Rollins and BRAUN! were backstage where BRAUN! was still unable to take his eyes from the Universal Title. It was pointed out that at Night of Champions ALL the titles are meant to be on the line, and Seth asked and eventually granted BRAUN! a title shot at the PPV, though they'd have to defend the tag titles together earlier in the night. It was pointed out that if BRAUN! beat AJ Styles tonight, he would also take the US Title into that PPV.
  • Baron Corbin defeated The Miz in a King of the Ring match. Afterwards he noticed the throne/crown set up on the entrance stage. He sat in the throne, put on the crown, and did a promo about how a survey had shown everybody believed that any of the other wrestlers in the tournament could win but nobody thought HE could. He said he didn't care what everybody else thought, on their best day they couldn't achieve even one of the many things he'd accomplished in his career.
  • The OC did a promo backstage about being put into the Tag Turmoil match tonight to try and get back on track to regain the tag titles they lost last week.
  • Bayley defeated Nikki Cross in a singles match.
  • BRAUN! did a promo about how he was going to win the US Title tonight, defend the tag titles at Night of Champions then win the Universal Title at Night of Champions and have ALL the belts and nobody could stop him, ha ha ha.
  • Tag Team Turmoil involved Viking Raiders, Luch House Party, The OC, Hawkins and Ryder, The B-Team, Heavy Machinery, The Revival and...... Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode?
  • No seriously, since when were Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode a tag team?
  • The B-Team were first eliminated. The OC were out next and both teams brawled outside, ignored the ref's call and both got eliminated. The crowd reacted to this lame and stupid decision with the contempt it deserved.
  • Ziggler and Roode were out next to face Lucha House Party. Again, I wanna stress that Ziggler and Roode are just suddenly a tag team now? The team of Ziggler and Roode (!?!) defeated Lucha House Party, and next out were Revi.... have Ziggler and Roode even had any interactions before tonight AT ALL!?!
  • Revival were pinned by Ziggler and Roode in front of a dead crowd, this match has been dying since the double-DQ and this boring rear end slog didn't help any.
  • Ziggler and Roode quickly defeated Hawkins and Ryder, this match loving SUCCCCKKKKSSSSS
  • Ziggler and Roode defeated a completely fresh Heavy Machinery to earn a title shot against Seth and BRAUN! at Night of Champions. The most boring result to an incredibly boring match.
  • A recap aired of the attempts on Roman Reigns' life, culminating in the reveal of TWO VINTNERS on Smackdown last week.
  • Ronda Rousey is joining the cast of Total Divas.
  • Sasha Banks defeated Nattie in less than five minutes, constantly working over her bad arm and making her tap out by putting her into a crossface. Postmatch she did it again, smiling all the while, as the crowd chanted for Becky who didn't show up.
  • AJ Styles was interviewed about The OC losing a shot at regaining their tag titles and asked how he felt about BRAUN! challenging him for the US Title. AJ said he didn't fear BRAUN! and would give him what he deserves: nothing.
  • Cedric Alexander defeated Cesaro in a great match in which Cedric won but took severe damage to his leg, with the commentators pointing out how this could cost him in his second round King of the Ring match against Baron Corbin.
  • WWE "beat" Monday Night Football in social media engagement last week, which means... absolutely nothing.
  • A recap of events over the weekend aired, in which R-Truth won the 24/7 Title back from Elias only to lose it to Fox Sports' Rob Stone who was then promptly beaten by Elias to win the title back.
  • Ziggler and Roode were interviewed backstage about their tag title match at Night of Champions, with Ziggler saying they should main event over the Universal Title match.
  • The Street Profits were doing a bit about partying on Bourbon Street when they spotted BRAUN! come walking by.
  • AJ Styles retained his US Title by DQ after a 10 minute match with BRAUN! in which he cheated his rear end off after a ref bump, including having The OC run to his aid, only for BRAUN! to take them all out. BRAUN! had his hands on a chair so AJ did the Eddie Special which the ref bought, DQing BRAUN! for apparently using the chair to take everybody out. BRAUN! gave The OC powerbombs to finish the show.

Smackdown Results:
  • Roman was asked backstage if he would apologize to Daniel Bryan and Erick Rowan, he said he had unfinished business but intended to take care of it in the ring. Just loving apologize you jerk!
  • Kofi Kingston came to the ring about how Orton likes to call him stupid, about how he involved Kofi's family in order to make it personal, but that all Kofi wants to do is prove he deserves to be Champion. Orton appeared on the Titantron calling Orton stupid, then got delivered a letter from "Kofi's son" pleading with him not to beat up his daddy anymore. Orton threatened to go to the hotel Orton's family were staying at in town to "pay them a visit" and Kofi lost his poo poo, ran backstage and beat Orton's rear end until officials broke them up. Orton managed to take advantage and nail him with the Draping DDT. Orton called Kofi stupid again and walked away.
  • After the break, BIG E was questioned about Kofi's condition and he said he was pissed and was going to take it out on Orton.
  • Ali defeated Buddy Murphy in a first round King of the Ring match. The match was great, with the crowd fully into it and both guys looking great. After Ali won, Murphy raised his hand, indicating that his recent interactions with Roman and Bryan are going to come down to him being a face now.
  • Ember Moon met with Bayley backstage to talk about their recent title match, with Moon acknowledging that Bayley beat her fair and square and that she was still processing this, but she intended to come back in the future and win the title... but for now Bayley was the face of the division. Lacey Evans showed up and said SHE was the face of the division and would prove it by beating Bayley in a match tonight.
  • The Miz came out ater a recap of Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura teaming up as spokesman/wrestler and beating up Miz last week. He called out Sami as a hanger-on who Nakamura didn't need, and Sami came out and mocked Miz and said he needed to be taught a lesson. Miz challenged Nakamura for his Intercontinental Title at Clash of Champions, and Sami came to the ring to apparently fight him only for Nakamura to jump Miz from behind. Sami marked out like crazy for Nakamura.
  • BIG E vs. Orton was made official for later in the night.
  • Kevin Owens went to Shane's office but only found Elias, who told him Shane wasn't there. Owens left without incident.
  • Bayley beat Lacey Evans in an incredibly long and not particularly great match. Charlotte Flair was at ringside watching.
  • Daniel Bryan was interviewed backstage with Erick Rowan, and said they wouldn't leave the arena till they got their apology from Roman Reigns.
  • Randy Orton defeated BIG E after multiple distractions by The Revival, hitting the RKO and getting the pin. Postmatch they gave BIG E the assisted RKO.
  • Chad Gable was interviewed backstage about his King of the Ring match with Shelton Benjamin, and said Shelton would be foolish to underestimate him. Shelton showed up and made a bunch of short jokes.
  • Elias was sitting on the King of the Ring throne wearing a crown and talking poo poo about the crowd when Kevin Owens snuck up, attacked him, beat his rear end down to the ring and hit him with the Stunner (Elias took it really awkwardly). Owens left (no interest in the 24/7 title) and R-Truth snuck into the ring to pin Elias, but was pulled out by Drake Maverick who got the pin instead. Drake got superexcited celebrating and escaped with the belt to try and gently caress his wife.
  • Chad Gable won an underwhelming match with Shelton Benjamin to advance in the King of the Ring, and his next opponent will be Andrade. The match wasn't great but Gable did a crazy like, gently caress I don't know, it was like a 720 into a Sunset Flip or something for the finish. It ruled, anyway.
  • Roman came to the ring to take care of his unfinished business. Bryan and Rowan appeared on the Titantron, with Bryan demanding the apology Roman still hadn't given. Roman asked the crowd if he should apologize and they shouted,"NO!"
  • Roman said he would apologize if necessary, but only after showing a video. He replayed the footage of the scaffold falling on him. In the background, they enhanced the footage of a big dude in a hood with a ginger beard walking in the background. Even though this enhanced footage was still grainy and it was unclear if it was Rowan or THE SECOND VINTNER, Bryan absolutely lost his mind and started slapping the poo poo out of Rowan, screaming at him to get out and that he hated liars.
  • Bryan grabbed a mic and walked from backstage down to the ring, insisting that whoever made Rowan do this it wasn't him, Rowan had lied to him the entire time. As he got into the ring still protesting his innocence, Roman speared him and the show ended.
  • Okay.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the wwe sucks and is boring and stupid

thread locked

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
WWE "beat" Monday Night Football in social media engagement last week, which means... absolutely nothing.

The monday night wars are really heating up to distract from the wednesday night wars.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Lid posted:

WWE "beat" Monday Night Football in social media engagement last week, which means... absolutely nothing.

The monday night wars are really heating up to distract from the wednesday night wars.

And something like 30-60% of that traffic is bots/paid workers. Their Twitter and YouTube is full of a lot of it. I assume they are paying for it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rich evans

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That tag team turmoil match must have been about the lamest, deadest match I have seen on WWE television in a long, long time. It seemed like it was actively designed to make EVERYBODY involved look bad.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All Out week means they wont even try. They arent even pushing for their nxt uk or whatever the gently caress show they have

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Djarum posted:

And something like 30-60% of that traffic is bots/paid workers. Their Twitter and YouTube is full of a lot of it. I assume they are paying for it.

They put the belt on roided out acne jobber that could t work Jinder Mahal because their metrics were SO MUCH INDIA and they thought it would make money. To this day and when retrospectives on the downfall of WWE are written that moment and the years that moment will be pointed to fo as the point of decline in business like the fingerpoke of doom. It was the ultimate gently caress you to fans, gently caress you to earning your place, gently caress you to drug testing, it just made people angry and drove business away.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

DoctorGonzo posted:

All Out week means they wont even try. They arent even pushing for their nxt uk or whatever the gently caress show they have

Yeah I was talking about that earlier. It is pretty amazing that they aren’t making a peep about it when they normally are promoting the hell out of whatever it is.

I wonder if Hunter is going to do one of his media calls this week for it.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

That tag team turmoil match must have been about the lamest, deadest match I have seen on WWE television in a long, long time. It seemed like it was actively designed to make EVERYBODY involved look bad.

New team beat 4 established teams in a row, reasonably clean. Might have been exciting if it wasn't Glorious Showoffs (imagine War Machine Vs. Seth/Braun :allears:).

Side note, will WWE use the lazy name of glorious showoffs, or somehow a worse name?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

The tag turmoil stip gave a brief tiny hope that they saw how much praise the AEW tag division was getting and they wanted to showcase all their teams that really do have a lot of talent.

Naw. Not their goal. Not at all.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
WWE want to poison the tag team wrestling well before AEW makes it a feature.

WWE is loving stupid and I can't wait to see what the dying brain of McMahon thinks is counter programming.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
WWE hates tag teams so much that after they decided to put the belts on two main eventers to get their singles feud over, they then decided that they didn’t trust any of their actual tag teams to get a shot, so instead they just paired Dolph Ziggler with a random wrestler who he’s never interacted with and who is never on TV. And I assume Ziggler and Roode will actually win the belts, because they will no longer have a purpose in the Seth/Braun feud after the PPV and they probably don’t want Seth or Braun pinned by a tag loser, even if there are shenanigans.

Goddamn this company sucks rear end.

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Aug 27, 2019

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
dolph ziggler and robert roode is maybe the least ive ever been interested in a tag team holy poo poo

they have so many talented teams on their roster. i know that wwe doesnt give a flip about tag team wrestling but just literally choose any two teams to have a match instead of the first 4 upper midcard jobber-to-the-stars-but-there-are-no-stars geeks you can wrangle together

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Jerusalem posted:

It seemed like it was actively designed to make EVERYBODY involved look bad.
They definitely wanted every tag team to look bad. After all, being a team is for losers. Being an established team is so bad, any two random guys thrown together at the last second can beat all of you. What a bunch of losing losers.

ed: Not forgetting that Sasha told us the women's tag titles also never meant anything to her and were in fact a demotion.

pressedbunny fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Aug 27, 2019

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

those jobbers are going to get merc'd by The OC

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Lid posted:

They put the belt on roided out acne jobber that could t work Jinder Mahal because their metrics were SO MUCH INDIA and they thought it would make money. To this day and when retrospectives on the downfall of WWE are written that moment and the years that moment will be pointed to fo as the point of decline in business like the fingerpoke of doom. It was the ultimate gently caress you to fans, gently caress you to earning your place, gently caress you to drug testing, it just made people angry and drove business away.

Well if you look at a lot of their online traffic you see it in places like India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Pakistan and China. All places that are hotbeds for both bots and paid social media influence.

I have no doubt that someone in the company is paying for clicks. I also have little doubt that the rest of the people there are too dumb to realize what is happening and think there is a huge amount of WWE fans in India and SE Asia.

The Jinder thing was incredibly stupid but I don’t think it is nearly the point of decline in business though.

The original point is turning Austin heel. That was the moment the Attitude Era ended and you started to see the decline. The second point would be the start of the third hour of Raw. I would say the third was the failed repeated push of Roman. They thought by pure will that they would get him over but it never happened. Then they lucked into him beating loving cancer and somehow STILL hosed that up. I really can’t understand how you could have possibly gently caress that up if you were trying but they did.

Now we are in a place where Cena is gone and they do not have any stars on the roster. Really the best choice would be to wipe the board and start new but they are so terrified of letting anyone go since they might actually do something with all the talent they are hoarding.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Wwe fuckin sucks lol

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown Results:
  • Daniel Bryan and Erick Rowan have demanded (again) an apology from Roman Reigns for accusing Rowan of trying to kill him when it was actually THE SECOND VINTNER who Buddy Murphy saw.

Couldn't have Bryan done this a week ago when he revealed the second Vintner? God the way stuff is paced and blocked out is so nonsensical.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
At least WWE is trying to imitate NJPW in their complete apathy towards tag team wrestling.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Magic Killer Ziggler off the side of the stage into a conveniently placed dumpster

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Djarum posted:

Well if you look at a lot of their online traffic you see it in places like India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Pakistan and China. All places that are hotbeds for both bots and paid social media influence.

I have no doubt that someone in the company is paying for clicks. I also have little doubt that the rest of the people there are too dumb to realize what is happening and think there is a huge amount of WWE fans in India and SE Asia.

The Jinder thing was incredibly stupid but I don’t think it is nearly the point of decline in business though.

The original point is turning Austin heel. That was the moment the Attitude Era ended and you started to see the decline. The second point would be the start of the third hour of Raw. I would say the third was the failed repeated push of Roman. They thought by pure will that they would get him over but it never happened. Then they lucked into him beating loving cancer and somehow STILL hosed that up. I really can’t understand how you could have possibly gently caress that up if you were trying but they did.

Now we are in a place where Cena is gone and they do not have any stars on the roster. Really the best choice would be to wipe the board and start new but they are so terrified of letting anyone go since they might actually do something with all the talent they are hoarding.

The thing about that is that Brock, Cena, Batista were all post-turning Austin. They still had something, and glimmers in CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. When Jinder happened nothing sense has mattered. Nothing.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
The Tag thing is an obvious attempt by them to try and make tag teams look like geeks to try and combat AEW.

The problem is that all they did was making their tag teams look like geeks.

That is like trying to convince a girl you like to not start sleeping with someone else by smashing your dick with a hammer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

Couldn't have Bryan done this a week ago when he revealed the second Vintner? God the way stuff is paced and blocked out is so nonsensical.

The fault is Roman's for refusing to apologize!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
yikes + woof

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Dolph and roode won't get a team name but dolph will be put into a another random team.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Dolph Ziggler and... *spins wheel of jobbers*

...Konnor

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Why is the smackdown women's champ wrestling someone she's done feuding with on Raw. Maybe use that time to start some non title storylines with the women to build up future challengers.

~new ziggler+roode theme~ "GLORIO... *needle scratch*"

They actually did have interactions... 2 years ago. Ziggler was Roode's callup feud and he kept sincerely, not trollingly, calling Roode stuff like "rookie" and "kid". Funny enough these two do have one thing in common. Ziggler fights all the NXT callups and in TNA Roode fought all the WWE calldowns.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i can't even make it past the first bullet point, why are you burying your own loving belts

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
i'm glad when actual bad RAWs happen to you people

Definitely gonna look up some of those matches thooooo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i can't even make it past the first bullet point, why are you burying your own loving belts

the h e a t

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

They have so many belts that they don't really mean anything so why not actively poo poo all over them I guess? :shrug:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Both Ziggler and Roode have held the raw titles recently. And both were clearly carrying the weight of their inferior partners, going by the titles held by respective members of those teams. So it makes sense that combo would be incredibly powerful. What has Heavy Machinery accomplished? Nothing. Blue collar jobbers.

And they have interacted, they had a feud about touching each other's trunks inappropriately. It was horrible, as all Ziggler feuds are. As all things Ziggler are.

And it's unfair to blame Jinder for the downturn. There's also a year of Brock barely showing up, Roman's jerky push and Jinder crapping on both major titles in a beautiful ballet.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'll never forget that we were VERY close to getting Brock vs Jinder

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ziggler and roode are going to feuood for a long time, soon.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Because it is widely circulated that the Women's Tag Belts were pushed for by Sasha Banks, and she must be punished for seeing behind the curtain.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Cavauro posted:

ziggler and roode are going to feuood for a long time, soon.

a feud so boring it should literally be illegal

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I'll never forget that we were VERY close to getting Brock vs Jinder

Didn't Brock personally axe that match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Dimebags Brain posted:

Didn't Brock personally axe that match?