Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

quote:

How will Charlotte Flair respond to Bayley’s defiance?

After accepting Charlotte Flair’s challenge for WWE Clash of Champions, SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley sent a message to The Queen by shoving her off her chair during a heated “Moment of Bliss.”

How will the nine-time champion respond to the defiant Hugger?

Now I wouldn't exactly call Bayley defiant. Or this feud heated for that matter. Goddamn if the peak of this feud is Bayley shoving Charlotte off of a chair, it's going to be utter poo poo. There are zero emotional stakes here, and depending on Charlotte's response tonight, I wouldn't be shocked if this ends up being Mean Girls level awful.

Especially compared to Becky/Sasha which is way more interesting from my perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Ughhhhhhhhhh.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1166496373929390081

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Worth noting that the time Lacey and Baron were pushed were the times that ratings completely cratered. And they are just starting to recover, albeit slowly.

Also Lacey is an anti-draw. Just my two cents though.

Also worth noting that if they wanted to give Bayley a win over a heel, all they needed to do was put Mandy or Sonya out there to get beaten by her. It even features women from that brand. But instead we get stuck with Lacey Evans while the entire Smackdown Live Women's Roster continues to sit in catering.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 28, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
In case you aren't watching Smackdown, Lacey looked like utter dogshit, to the shock of no one. I hope someone gifs that first Bayley to Belly she got because it was legit one of the worst things I've seen in a long time. It was worse than the one that was posted online awhile back.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Critical posted:

Last I heard Uli got his poo poo together. We can postulated that he has perhaps hosed

I am still waiting for Platform Masters to come out. Every other game will be swept to the side by all of its parallax scrolling.

Anyways, still think the Bayley/Charlotte feud is heatless, and the match against Lacey Evans did nothing to add to it. Also Roman Reigns is a big ol jerk for spearing Daniel Bryan who was just trying to apologize.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 28, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Someone finally gifed it, but this is the Bayley to Belly that Lacey completely hosed up last night.

https://gfycat.com/closeickyafricanharrierhawk

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Davros1 posted:

Looks like she sandbagged her.

Seems like it. Lacey hosed up they Bayley to Belly three times. Once earlier this year, and then twice last night.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
In hindsight, I think the one Lacey took earlier this year was worse, but I'm split between giving it a pass or not because it never actually made TV (it was a dark match related thing).

https://giphy.com/gifs/WpgejRp5EMyJGkmFH8

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I will say I did like Bayley's backstage promo (uploaded after SD last night) talking about how she's tired of only facing RAW women and Charlotte. While the rest of the Smackdown Women's Division goes neglected.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a reminder that Vince thought (or still possibly thinks) that Lacey should be a pillar of the women's division, filling in the void Ronda left behind.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Astro7x posted:

What happened to Liv Morgan? They were building something up for 'when she returns' or whatever

Asuka or Kairi getting a shot at NoC would be nice, but we all know that's not going to happen. Maybe they have plans to send them back to NXT next month...

I dunno what happened with Liv. And Asuka and Kairi were relegated to the pre-SD dark match, beating Mandy and Sonya.

I don't think its much of a stretch to say that Kairi's callup was one of the worst this year so far.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Spiderdrake posted:

Was this confirmed or is this just another rumor you pass as fact?

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/02/backstage-news-on-who-will-be-the-top-three-women-in-wwe-651157/

quote:

Whenever Rousey does actually leave the company is 100% her decision, and there is no set date that has been determined. Apparently, once Rousey has moved on from the WWE, the word backstage is that Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, and WWE newcomer, Lacey Evans, will be pushed as the "big 3" women superstars.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So in case you missed it, WWE might have to stop calling Becky Lynch "The Man" soon.

Ric Flair took out a copyright/trademark on it for wrestling and merchandise purposes. :v:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Holy poo poo :laffo:

https://twitter.com/AlexM_talkSPORT/status/1167753059512008704?s=19

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

jesus WEP posted:

One of them is full of poo poo which means that, incredibly, one of them isn’t

its trips

Imagine beliving anything Enzo says. A guy who is almost universally hated by other wrestlers for being a prick, along with the fact that he barely dodged being prosecuted for rape. The case was only frozen because of lack of sufficient evidence apparently.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 31, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If you haven't been following the social media thread, Asuka has been teasing launching some sort of YouTube or Twitch channel over the past couple of days it seems.

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1168297269818322944

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/1168315612537544704

Kacy is done with WWE.

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1168316739555332101

Worth noting her last match with WWE was July 19th.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 2, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

Well I guess if they're not gonna be using her (:sigh:) she might as well do something she finds fun.

Yup. Problem with the main roster WWE women's division is that unless you are in the title picture, they don't give a poo poo about you. And the title pictures is currently Sasha/Becky on RAW (which is fine), and Bayley/Charlotte on Smackdown (which is ice cold and there is very little to no heat/interest with it). And WWE had the complete lack of foresight of protecting Asuka and Kairi in their tag title matches against Alexa/Nikki (who are still full blown heels, but also heels who completely wiped out the division in two weeks).

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 2, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1168450132745961472?s=19

Looks like Xavier has competition incoming.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

FullMetalJackoff posted:

I care because the channel name gives me false hope she's gonna get the gently caress outta that garbage company.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that front. She likely chose the name because WWE almost certainly owns the trademarks and rights to the character Asuka. And just like Xavier Woods, she probably chose to brand the channel under her former alias in order to keep it out of the hands of WWE, so if she ever does leave in the future, she doesn't need to rebrand.

And she isn't the first person, and likely won't be the last person to do that either. I know Xavier is the most high profile example of using WWE's image to elevate their own brand. But there's also Mandy (DaMandyz Donuts), Tyler Breeze/Baron Corbin/Shawn Spears(fka Tye Dillenger) who used it to launch [TheSweetz100], and a couple of others who have used WWE's branding image to elevate their own.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 2, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TriffTshngo posted:

He also has terrible taste because he likes David Cage games.

AJ or Xavier?

Also don't forget AJ's irrational hatred of the PS4 as well.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1168613311233036289?s=20

So uh what are the odds this ends with Becky and Bayley being tag champs? So WWE can talk about Becky 2 Belts again, and Bayley 2 Belts now as well?

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 2, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

bradzilla posted:

zero cause it's not a title match

For now. It would be completely in WWE's wheelhouse to turn it into a title match sometime during the show. Especially with rumors that there will be a women's tag title defense during CoC as well, and there are literally no teams left for Alexa/Nikki to face.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Honestly if you are a woman on the main roster and you aren't a WWE 4HW or Alexa Bliss, I have no idea why you would even consider signing a new deal at this point. It's blatantly obvious main roster creative doesn't care about anyone outside of those names I just listed, and are perfectly content to let them rot in catering. Despite the fact that while Sasha/Becky is a decent feud so far (but still sorta dumb), Bayley/Charlotte is ice cold and completely dumb. :shrug:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

I don't think a better payday is the answer to some of the women who want to...you know, actually wrestle on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

IDONTPOST posted:

didnt they say at the start the women's tag would be defended on nxt and poo poo? what happened with that

Vince likely changed his mind. That's pretty much it. :geno: