Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Both Ziggler and Roode have held the raw titles recently. And both were clearly carrying the weight of their inferior partners, going by the titles held by respective members of those teams. So it makes sense that combo would be incredibly powerful. What has Heavy Machinery accomplished? Nothing. Blue collar jobbers.

And they have interacted, they had a feud about touching each other's trunks inappropriately. It was horrible, as all Ziggler feuds are. As all things Ziggler are.

And it's unfair to blame Jinder for the downturn. There's also a year of Brock barely showing up, Roman's jerky push and Jinder crapping on both major titles in a beautiful ballet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Lacey routinely gives break out performances, in that everyone breaks out of the room when she is in the ring
Some also break out in yawns

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blaise330 posted:

Wonder what Neville would be doing right now if he never left WWE. I imagine getting 4th place in king of the ring to step down from when he got 2nd.
Probably like, a tag team with Chad called the... uh, what's that slang term... Shortie Geordies? Does that sound stupid enough?

Jobbing to the Revival and/or ziggleroode

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Djarum posted:

Can Lacy just not jump?
Based on her kip up evidence suggests she is also bad at jumping, in addition to being bad at ring presence, promos, wrestling and so forth

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

2.5 years of HHH developmental did better than expected, I see
Truly a success story to add onto the pile of success stories that is NXT yes

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't think its much of a stretch to say that Kairi's callup was one of the worst this year so far.
Well, it goes Ciampa then Kairi and I don't think anyone can debate those spots when you consider what was lost in the process.

Then again 2019 feels pretty light on call ups in general, but I think Black and Ricochet are both a bit better. Trying to remember who else was even called up. Machinery is in the six in the winter and I guess the Viking Experience was this year, and they're pretty bad too.

DarkstarIV posted:

Just a reminder that Vince thought (or still possibly thinks) that Lacey should be a pillar of the women's division, filling in the void Ronda left behind.
Was this confirmed or is this just another rumor you pass as fact?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I feel like that's not random at all since I bet Tim Allen loves the poo poo out of blackface!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The New 52 had like modern era WWE level editing and continuity, gently caress it was terrible.

Gavok posted:

For a long, long while, the best comic DC had going for them was the prequel series for the Injustice video games. I'm not joking, they were loving awesome.
How many Geoff written Hal Jordans did it have in it?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

LividLiquid posted:

Geoff Johns is what happens when a wrestling podcaster who only loves the Hogan era gets the book and retcons Austin and Rock into loving Hogan and only Hogan.

Anything after the 90s? Oh, that didn't happen.
Pretty much nails it. Actually, contrasting it with wrestling really draws how much of a forced push it was. Has him one punch Batman because wow omg Hal is so cool!!!!

LividLiquid posted:

I just don't like when the thing I'm investing my time in tells me I wasted my time.
This is actually one of persistent elements that kills weekly TV for me. Not only do they directly say it, but so much content in PPVs is rehashing what you've watched. So you turn around and think, why would I watch the show? And then there's no build to the PPV and the whole thing starts to feel flat.

Comics are bad about that but wow, it really makes me think how bad WWE is at keeping its audience invested.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jiro posted:

:stonk: what the loving gently caress is wrong with Kofi's faaaaaaaaacccceeeeee? He looks like it's been stretched and flattened somewhat.
There's just something hosed up with the way they do promotional materials now, it all looks distorted and highlights things weird.

Except this, this is genius:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I like the tiny sign in the background that you peer at and realize it says R O M A N R E I G N S because of course it does. I just noticed it after posting it. alas.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cavauro posted:

still don't know what NJPW was thinking when they did that at their show. that kind of embarrassment takes years to fade.
Think of it like this: This forum is NJPW, you're ROH, and sometimes you post a enzo/caxx run-in. Make sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DarkstarIV posted:

Vince likely changed his mind. That's pretty much it. :geno:
"Changed" his mind? Vince is portrayed as fickle, but if there's two constants, non-blonde women and tag teams are both at a huge disadvantage.

"Lied through his teeth" is probably more what happened.