Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

which is weird, because max payne 3 was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I had a hole in my second-favorite drinking arm…

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

Jesse and Max would definitely get along if the only things they said were their internal monologues.

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL I just had a fit of giggles imagining Max doing an internal monologue and Jesse responding to it and Max realizing that all his internal noir monologues were actually just short-range telepathy the whole time

For some reason I thought you were both talking about Max the rabbit instead of Max Payne.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's official baybeee

https://twitter.com/remedygames/status/1591039948869828612

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

from releasing a game every ~2 years on average to having 6 games in development simultaneously, i hope they know what they're doing

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Maybe the co-developer is doing some heavy lifting there?

Edit: they should put Jessie in Multiversus

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

You want to listen.

You want to dream.

You want to smile.

You want to hurt.

You don’t want to be

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What does co develop mean

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

more specifically what does "co-develop with 505 games" mean when the last game 505 worked on directly was World Championship Spelling for the Nintendo DS, in 2010

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

repiv posted:

more specifically what does "co-develop with 505 games" mean when the last game 505 worked on directly was World Championship Spelling for the Nintendo DS, in 2010

Lmao

Can't wait for the new spelling based puzzles as Jessie confronts her true enemy, ADHD

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

repiv posted:

It could mean that but I guess it could also mean 505 will be responsible for finding other studios to assist.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I think Control was a lot better than Alan Wake 2. Welp cya

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

hell yeah glad to hear it now I can just replay control instead of buying aw 2

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just been doing a replay to prepare to play AW2. Hadn’t done the foundation DLC before and it’s quite dull innit

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I like AW2's story, graphics, and characters a lot but actually playing it wasn't very fun to be honest and I really recommend people just stick it on easy. I liked the vibes and gameplay of Control a lot more even if the DLCs weren't amazing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
control is better to me because everything about it is directly targeted at me, but as someone who went into it not liking the first game at all, alan wake 2 is definitely worth playing and made me go back and replay every remedy game from max payne 1 through aw2 ng+

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

site posted:

control is better to me because everything about it is directly targeted at me, but as someone who went into it not liking the first game at all, alan wake 2 is definitely worth playing and made me go back and replay every remedy game from max payne 1 through aw2 ng+

Yeah AW2 still ended up being my 3rd favorite game last year even with my issues with the gameplay and I'll definitely be going back to check out NG+ at some point.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I like the kind of game Control is a lot more than Alan Wake 2 but playing AW2 should get you super megahyped to see what Remedy can do for Con2l.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Control is definitely a better game than AW2; AW2 is trying to be so many things Control isn't that the foundational "video game" part suffers

And yeah I can't wait to see what the latest Northlight engine can do to support the levels of player empowerment Control had

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
There's one moment of gameplay-story intersection in AW2 that's as cool as the Ashtray Maze, though with the opposite emotional valence.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Alan Wake in the FBC mollywapping a fungus fella with a thermos

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Purely gameplay wise I dig Control way more, but imo the combat in AW2 is more a way to add to the atmosphere of the game than anything else. And fwiw, I enjoyed it, it was pretty satisfying killing the taken and the guns all sounded and felt good to use.

Yeah you aren't blowing away hordes of enemies like Jesse does, but the two games have vastly different power levels. Control and AW2 are both worth playing on their own merits!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I have the same reaction to most of the combat in AW2 that I did in Deadly Premonition. Game still good tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Alan wake 2 combat was stressful, but that kind of fit the game. I liked it a lot. I need to go back and play control again.