Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Same but for the golden suit. What's this about a gas mask? I also guess I'm just a fun hater, I refuse to wear the cat ears

oh jukebox, i get it
edit:

Bust Rodd posted:

tackling the Expeditions in a 2-3-1-4 order

Thanks for this, I was following a different order and having a rough time of it. This worked out splendidly.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Hahaha holy poo poo, I just realized that if you stack over 100% levitation ammo efficiency, shooting your gun in the air will recharge your ammo

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I finished the DLC without doing anything in the chasm. Apparently there's a side quest over there? I found a door I'm not able to get through in a dark area.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Doc V posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo, I just realized that if you stack over 100% levitation ammo efficiency, shooting your gun in the air will recharge your ammo

lol nice

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

poor life choice posted:

I finished the DLC without doing anything in the chasm. Apparently there's a side quest over there? I found a door I'm not able to get through in a dark area.

If you backtrack up the ramp a bit there should be a crystal wall you can bust through

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

absolutely unconscionable to wear anything but the golden suit in the bureau and the expedition outfit in the foundation :colbert:

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

slicing up eyeballs posted:

absolutely unconscionable to wear anything but the golden suit in the bureau and the expedition outfit in the foundation :colbert:

You will take my professionally cut suit and pyramid comb over my cold dead body.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
imagine not wearing the jedi wizard outfit

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I did Foundation in the director outfit, because I'm the director now :colbert:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

haveblue posted:

I did Foundation in the director outfit, because I'm the director now :colbert:

:yeah:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dark Jedi Jesse and Director Pantsuit are my go-tos.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I used the default outfit in the DLC because I felt like Jesse would rewrite the dress code on her first day in office.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dark Jedi Jesse is cool but I gotta say she looks drat good in a suit also I think the gold suit is ugly

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I like the Dark Jedi outfit and the PS4 exclusive outfit.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Until this thread discussion last night I didn’t know the Asynchronous outfit existed and was EXTREMELY disappointed that it didn’t have a Hood. Back to BIZNESS LADEE for me. It looks cool but I use Astral Dive for my no nonsense boss fights.

Anyone else feel like Jesse is animated weird here in the Foundation? Her jaw is sticking out weird and slightly to the left everything she talks to Page.

Please Help: I’m trying to complete the Warehouse ritual and there’s a red cube of Hiss infection on the top floor of the elevator inside the cage and I cannot figure out how the gently caress in supposed to get to it. I need to break it to get to this last battery cube.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i got tripped up there too, you just hit it from the other side of the cage and itll blow up

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Megazver posted:

I like the Dark Jedi outfit and the PS4 exclusive outfit.

I like the exclusive outfit but not the hairstyle

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I'm still wearing the Janitor's outfit cause it seemed appropriate when I'm still cleaning up the messes of past directors.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ahti would be proud

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It's, what, 2? 3? director's worth of poo poo we're taking care of? Dipshits.
Unlocked the expedition gear, it's a shame I did the foundation already. Any tips on getting the 5 ranger kills? Those guys suck

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Raptor1033 posted:

It's, what, 2? 3? director's worth of poo poo we're taking care of? Dipshits.
Unlocked the expedition gear, it's a shame I did the foundation already. Any tips on getting the 5 ranger kills? Those guys suck

note that it doesn't have to be 5 ranger kills from a single ranger, that would be insane. it's cumulative.

they do suck, so basically just tap away at whatever using grip and let them get the last hit in. I think the station near the warehouse is what i used.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

dicking around postgame and when did we find out that's northmoor in the power plant?!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

dicking around postgame and when did we find out that's northmoor in the power plant?!

The sector is literally named the NSC

And ahti refers to the old pensioner

And that the name you mentioned coined the phrase the director keeps the lights on

basically, base game is what i'm trying to tell you

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Apparently there's at least one place where it literally says "Northmoor Sarcophagus Containment"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if you climb/levitate up to the very top of the reactor theres a sign stenciled onto the unit with the name, along with 3 or 4 video feeds with an infrared view of his superheated body

climb on top of that and you find one of the tvs you need to chuck into the furnace for the unlimited grip ammo mod

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Apparently there's at least one place where it literally says "Northmoor Sarcophagus Containment"

it's not subtle, no

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i would like to one day learn the story there, since he apparently wasnt that psychically gifted. an encounter with an awe gone bad?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

i put the previous director in a sarcophagus,
now he's claiming i altered his esophagus

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

site posted:

i would like to one day learn the story there, since he apparently wasnt that psychically gifted. an encounter with an awe gone bad?

I thought it was that he was one of the most powerful parautilitarians on record, it's just that Jesse blows him out of the water

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

previous parautilitarians were all like Frank Johnson, 53 years old, capable of bending paper clips from one foot away during select Januarys. Jesse is a loving god.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SirSamVimes posted:

I thought it was that he was one of the most powerful parautilitarians on record, it's just that Jesse blows him out of the water

i mean, what i recall was that northmoor was considered a heavy hitter because he once moved something like 6 feet or whatever, but now he (or his corpse or some weird w40k emperor deal) is powering a nuclear equivalent reactor?? seems like a huge change in power level there

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

it's implied that northmoor lost control of his abilities somehow

he also hated trench and i bet the dlc will delve into that

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

she actually has a line where she reads the thing, I totally missed it lmao. good thing I'm endlessly circulating the bureau

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

site posted:

i mean, what i recall was that northmoor was considered a heavy hitter because he once moved something like 6 feet or whatever, but now he (or his corpse or some weird w40k emperor deal) is powering a nuclear equivalent reactor?? seems like a huge change in power level there

Trench's hotline call about Northmoor says that he was constantly seeking power until it was "too much." Ash's tapes in Foundation talk about Northmoor becoming obsessed with the Board after he first comes into contact with them, so maybe they had something to do with what happened to him. Or maybe he encountered some other entity somewhere that offered him a power he wasn't able to handle. I think the point is less what exactly happened (and they seem to really like leaving some mystery) and more just that Northmoor lost control, Trench took over and he eventually lost control too, and now it's up to Jesse to not make the same mistakes they did.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Smirking_Serpent posted:

previous parautilitarians were all like Frank Johnson, 53 years old, capable of bending paper clips from one foot away during select Januarys. Jesse is a loving god.

Yeah. Darling notes that they've managed to toss a few dozen pencils with the disk and is very excited about the fact that they once managed a coffee cup. Compared to Jesse, who can do a reasonable impression of a high speed car accident before she gets some practice in, it's pretty obvious that their previous parautilitarians were on a very different level.

Stroth fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 15, 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
All Foundation trophies down. When's AWE coming out?

Stroth posted:

Yeah. Darling notes that they've managed to toss a few dozen pencils with the disk and is very excited about the fact that they once managed a coffee cup. Compared to Jesse, who can do a reasonable impression of a high speed car accident before she gets some practice in, it's pretty obvious that their previous parautilitarians were on a very different level.

There's one lore that giddily speculates about how perhaps one day, with significant breakthroughs, some prodigy will be able to move a coffee cup ten, perhaps even twenty feet!

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

she actually has a line where she reads the thing, I totally missed it lmao. good thing I'm endlessly circulating the bureau
yeah I only triggered that line after beating the foundation and having a bureau alert send me to the nsc
Completely missed who was in the nsc when I played base game

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Stroth posted:

The last boss was a bitch and a half for me, but not in an unfair way. Bit of advice for people having any trouble: Seize, especially with a time reducer attachment, is very much your friend.

Somehow, I managed to Seize Marshall during this fight :haw: After that, she was just stuck fighting the support that Former gave me for a while, until I put her out of her misery with a melee attack.

RIP Helen Marshall; you were the real MVP :(

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

so the new patch apparently made Swift Platform easier in some capacity.

I do feel good about beating the loving original version!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Even easier? :smugdog: