Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay for those who have finished i need a little help and im feeling like im missing something obvious

im doing the astral plane part in the canyon rim, and ive made it all the way up to the astral tower control point. and im looking at a tower way out in the distance but im not sure how im supposed to get over there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ooooooh. ty

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i found a grip mod that gives you ammo on launch hits which owns, also ive found like five damage mods so far when i only found one the entire run through the main game

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
this dlc is making me feel dumb, i m trying to reach research site gamma, which one entrance thats blocked off with sand, one is a locked door next to the cave system control point, and i cant access the upper level crossways in the cave system area because theres a huge gap area without any shards to pull out to make a platform. what am i supposed to do?

also i havent figured out how to get into the ??? part of the cave bleed, but since that connects to the cave system i suspect these are linked problems

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
could...you be more specific on where on the map? ive been poking around forever which is why i asked. i already have both powers, and ive done the camera and vcr sidequests

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

dragon enthusiast posted:

backtrack on your map to the area actually marked research site gamma. you won't need any crystal powers to get there as it was one of the first rooms you visited at the start of the DLC. There should be a sign marked Deep Caverns, you can use Shatter on the crystals blocking the path then continue on to a new area.

okay ty for the assist, i found it. good dlc. kinda wish marshall somehow really was alive, cuz i think the next game with her emily, and jesse all running point wouldve been fun

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
personally i would like to see some dlc where jesse puts an end to the hiss invasion of the oldest house for good instead of it happening between games off screen (assuming we get a second game) even if it means ending the random missions

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i must admit the new mechanic of being able to spawn in rangers in outrageously inaccessible places fairly amusing

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Doc V posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo, I just realized that if you stack over 100% levitation ammo efficiency, shooting your gun in the air will recharge your ammo

lol nice

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dark Jedi Jesse is cool but I gotta say she looks drat good in a suit also I think the gold suit is ugly

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i got tripped up there too, you just hit it from the other side of the cage and itll blow up

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ahti would be proud

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if you climb/levitate up to the very top of the reactor theres a sign stenciled onto the unit with the name, along with 3 or 4 video feeds with an infrared view of his superheated body

climb on top of that and you find one of the tvs you need to chuck into the furnace for the unlimited grip ammo mod

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i would like to one day learn the story there, since he apparently wasnt that psychically gifted. an encounter with an awe gone bad?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SirSamVimes posted:

I thought it was that he was one of the most powerful parautilitarians on record, it's just that Jesse blows him out of the water

i mean, what i recall was that northmoor was considered a heavy hitter because he once moved something like 6 feet or whatever, but now he (or his corpse or some weird w40k emperor deal) is powering a nuclear equivalent reactor?? seems like a huge change in power level there

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
is there a release date for AlanWakeEvent

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you want to max out launch and energy first

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
health is good, but i did a replay last week and found myself burning through energy super quick in the early game cuz of launch spam. maybe the better way to go would be launch and energy in early game, add in some health once the higher tier enemies show up

site fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 10, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
control was one of the few games in the past few years where i actually wanted to find all the hidden stuff and all the files, recordings, etc

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i always assumed that since the house can literally change when it wants that it fixes itself

speaking of which i would love to see some reports on how the hell they got the oldest house to shape itself how they wanted

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i guess you can say that once they figured out the control points, that the house would "let" them start excavating and building within it, but stuff like the firebreaks i cant help but feel like they would have had to cajole the house into doing it for them

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

exquisite tea posted:

Thematically it's very cool that a millennial drifter strolls into a government building and immediately makes better use of the outdated technology that utterly mystifies her boomer superiors.

I find it hilarious that the game takes place in 2019 but the bureau is still using computers from 1970

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
My headcanon is that they don't even allow cell phones to be brought into the building because they are so enmeshed into societal consciousness that they immediately become altered items

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
uninstalling control, smh

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

sean10mm posted:

the skill tree you spend points on and the crafting system are mostly garbage. Having a million +X% of whatever mods you pick up is dumb, but not as dumb as spending vaguely defined resources you just hoover up at random to get another randomly generated thing.

Skill trees that are mostly add +10% to whatever are stupid.

tbh i cant say i really disagree

Hubbardologist posted:

which I hope will be 180 minutes of 'Take Control' by Old Gods of Asgard.

i wish that after you collect it in game you could just like, play the song while in game instead of forcing you to sit in the menu to listen to it

good to hear the even if development has slowed that awe is still coming along. about 6mo late on working on those control points/checkpoints tho

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
No matter how many times i pester them, they wont let jesse kiss emily. this is clearly homophobia :colbert:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
gently caress YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I am very glad I didn't run through half the game thinking about how Emily would deal with a thing just to wind up with you chuds

Can't believe two gay women being able to do their jobs is out of the realm of possibility smh...

site fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 17, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

my headcanon says jesse is ace

polaris probably is at least

wiegieman posted:

I refuse to believe that Pope is interested in anything but Science.

hey, even entrapta found love. if she can do it, so can emily

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/MrTJ_808/status/1273736128340860928?s=20

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TK-42-1 posted:

this was the most shocking part of the game imo

its tru

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
imo yes, but you can always wait until awe comes out, maybe they'll offer foundation cheap

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If anything, the game doesn't even give you a good reason to use any weapon type other than grip, let alone stop you from using any other type at will

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mymla posted:

God drat pierce was bad, and I usually go straight for the sniper rifle in any shooter that has one.

I think the one time pierce could be useful is in the mold section where those spitter enemies are shooting you from way the gently caress across the way

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Does the writer not know you can grab rockets using launch

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
No, they're just not funny

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The threshold kids movies are extremely weird and disconcerting, they did a good job making em, I hope we continue to see more of them

But what I really think is hilarious is that someone actually thought that they should make and show those to Dylan as a kid and darling and trench were like "hmm yes this looks appropriate, do that" lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I never hosed with the bureau alerts at all. It's just busy work. There's some good actual side quests that pop up tho, but you can also do most of them after you finish the main story quests if you want

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1292207975302598657?s=20