Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Haha, Jessie is from Ordinary. Remedy has been teasing that for a few games as the place where Alan Wake 2 was supposed to happen, and that baaaad poo poo goes down there.

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Control - Secure. Contain. Projectile.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Control - Secure. Contain. Projectile

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Is it worth doing the alerts and stuff? I keep dying to Salvador and I think it's because I'm underequipped.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Yes. Ha ha ha...Yes!

After I died again to Salvador the game bugged out and didn't spawn him. I walked right up to the OoP and used it.

Now that's a bug I can get behind.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I think Fridge Duty is bugged for me. I kept losing the fight to Salvador, but the last time he didn't spawn and I just walked up and took the OoP. Then I went back to the guy looking at the fridge and every time I press the intercom no conversation starts.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

exquisite tea posted:

You have to go meet your brother on the 5th floor before you can interact with the quest again.
Riiiight. Ok, phew.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Honestly, considering how messed up the Oldest House is, being the janitor would always be the most important position.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

They did it in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood with the Copernicus Conspiracy mission. Only in this that case no one gave a poo poo.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

gently caress, every human boss is a bullet sponge. Is there a trick to killing them?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

And where the hell do I farm House Memory? I'd like to be able to upgrade Grip

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Lone Badger posted:

How do I get some more of these House Memories? I need them to make gun bigger.
Apparently each resource is tied to a floor. Maybe, I read it in an article, but it seems true enough. Anyway, farm the Executive level.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I'm gonna take a break until I see a performance patch and maybe smooth out the uneven difficulty, because I have the worst time fighting human bosses.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

If they could make human bosses take way more damage from levitate or reduce the 3-hit kill damage to something managible that would be appreciated.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

bear is driving! posted:

Enemy damage needs re-balancing as well, I think. Far too many times I've gone from full health to dead from one attack that I never even saw coming.
The worst are human bosses. It's like being a named character turns you into a bullet sponge. Even throwing stuff doesn't help as much.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I kind of wonder if Trench was inspired by Hunter S. Thompson, given his weird meandering style and his suicide.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I only started using spin because I couldn't get enough House Memory to upgrade grip, because I didn't know House Memory is only found in Executive.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Drone posted:

Because if it is I'm a little disappointed. I mean the Poets of the Fall song and the room around it is neat and all but it seems like just another easter egg and not really anything approaching an "oh poo poo" moment
It was heavily implied in Alan Wake that that the in-universe band that sing the Poets of the Fall songs are otherworldly, or at least have having been fighting the supernatural for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if they were like Ahti

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Prokhor posted:

Re Old Gods of Asgard / Alan Wake My understanding of the Old Gods are that they manifested the powers of the lake the same way Thomas Zane and Alan Wake did. They predicted (created?) the future and had things stolen from them (the crows). I don't think they're otherworldly, per se, just another group of people who were manipulated by the Dark Presence.
Alan speculates in one of the manuscripts found in American Nightmare that there's something else going on with them:
Tor and Odin Anderson. Old Gods of Asgard. I still don't quite know what to make of them. I know they used to be rock stars who modeled their stage personas after Norse gods. I know they're old. I know that in their day, they fought the darkness as I do. I know they're demented and insane, ravaged by age and self-abuse.

But there's something in them, something powerful that took hold when they were touched by the powers beyond, a thing that goes far beyond just stage names. Something godlike.

It's possible of course this was a one-off thing and won't be mentioned again.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Don't play Alan Wake, play Alan Wake American Nightmare

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

haveblue posted:

Can we change the title of this thread to "Control: Hey, look at that weird mirror"
I'm adamant it should be Control: Secure. Contain. Projectile.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Slanderer posted:

Ah thanks, I barely remember Alan Wake
Key facts to remember about Alan Wake (Major Spoilers for Alan Wake)

1. Zane as mentioned was a poet. He tried using the Dark Presence to bring back his wife, but wound up creating the big bad of Alan Wake. I forget if he accidently made his wife the host of the Dark Presence or something like that. Again, he wrote himself out of existence to contain it.
2. Alan Wake also accidentally summoned the Dark Presence. He was indirectly aided by Tor and Odin Anderson, basically using their various supply caches to fight the Taken. It's implied there's more going on to the Andersons besides having fought the Dark Presence in the past, because their songs keep referring to events they couldn't have experienced.
3. Alan's manager and friend Barry Wheeler helped him a few times and mostly knew what was going on. He survived the first game and is mentioned as being a manager to the Andersons in American Nightmare. He's also probably the smartest person in horror fiction because he literally wrapped himself in christmas lights to keep the Taken at bay.
4. Alan Wake wrote himself out of existence as well, but figured out a way back to our world by using his old scripts of the show Night Springs; I forget how it worked, but the ending implies he got back to the real world, maybe.
5. The Poets of the Fall song for American Nightmare, Balance Slays The Demon, in addition to again referring to the plot, has a section that when played backwards says "It will happen again, in a town called Ordinary"
6. Not an Alan Wake spoiler, but there's a file in Quantum Break which references a event caused by frequent blackouts in Ordinary. I'm curious if there are any references to QB in Control.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

CuddleCryptid posted:

This might be a silly question, but approximately how long is this game? Remedy's games don't typically pan out to 50 hour monsters so the addition of a incremental upgrade system seems weird.

Basically, is it worth it to go out of your way for the upgrades besides unlocking new guns?
If you do all the right things to avoid having to grind for mods, maybe 10 hours at most?

I guess maybe the weird upgrade system is to encourage you to stick around and find more of the cool sidequests, but still

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Huh, so apparently Sarah Breaker, the sherrif in Alan Wake, has a dad who's ex-FBC, which is how they found out about the events of Alan Wake

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Control - What a DYNAMITE lady

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I'm annoyed how there's a fakeout ending, but then the actual ending doesn't actually resolve anything.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So what's considered the best weapon form after Grip? Shatter? I know personally I like Pierce more than Shatter I think.
I usually go with pierce as a secondary in case there are flyers with shields.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

It's me, I wrote the smoking ban memo.

It was of course a reference to weed.

:420:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

60 bucks, 10ish hours of mediocre gunplay, uneven difficulty, all nothing more than a buildup to the dynamite song.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Wherever Darling is, I like to think that he's making little dance videos using mind magic or whatever.

Shine on, you crazy diamond. :patriot:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

muscles like this! posted:

The Dylan stuff definitely feels like it was cut content with how little he actually is in the game.
I think it's more because Dylan's not really the main antagonist, or even the Hiss for that matter, it's Trench and Darling. The two of them are completely responsible for the events of the game, and if it wasn't the Hiss it would have been something else.

Also, are we still doing spoilers? I've been leaving talk about the main plot unspoiled because it's pretty straightforward and easy to guess, and keeping side quests and notes as spoilers.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

There's apparently reverse lyrics in the song Take Control, but no one's sure what they say yet. It seems to be a reference to stuff in game, not sequel hooks

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Orv posted:

E: Unrelated Hiss Blockage is my Rush cover band.
gently caress, imagine Darling doing Tom Sawyer karaoke.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Heh, the two guards next to Langston speak in a very robotic way. My brain was trying to process what it meant when it turned out they're just loving with him.

Donovan Trip posted:

Anyone have a base ps4 and can comment on how improved performance is? It's the only thing holding me back from picking this up, much appreciated!
Seems they fixed the lag issue when you complete a mission, at least.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Valleyant posted:

I loved that (endgame spoilers) Darling used his phenomenal cosmic powers to make you a sweet music video to hype you up
Trench was there too :kimchi:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Either they made bosses squishier or maxing out Launch does more damage than I thought, but I managed to kill the Mold Host and esseJ in one try.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I picked up about half a dozen files just by wandering into each room in Central Executive. This map is a loooot bigger than you'd expect.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Al! posted:

what do you do during your idle animation????
Vape

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

gey muckle mowser posted:

I have died like a dozen times in a row to the Flamingo boss, every single time because I fell off the platform to my death :argh:
Max out launch, fill all personal slots with launch efficiency mods, ABTS Always Be Throwing poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I'm surprised there's no references to American Nightmare or Quantum Break. Has anyone found any?