Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Id like to get rid of those as well, it’s very annoying when I’m trying to troubleshoot the crashes I get every 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Game just keeps crashing on me, can play for about 10 minutes and then get a message that says "game_rmdwin7_f.exe is not responding" and a crash. Apparently on the forums people have fixed it by deleting render.ini in the game folder but it seems to just make another one for me, someone else said closing down some audio software thing fixed it but I'm not running that at all. In fact trying to fix it has reduced the amount of time I can spend in the game from 10 minutes to about 3, so that's good.

I work in QA so spending time trying to fix this poo poo is like working and not getting paid for it, seems like it's relatively common so hopefully there's a patch or solution that works for me soon. I've very much enjoyed the 35ish minutes I have played.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

User0015 posted:

^^^ running on an nvidia card? ^^^

Seems like a lot of people are sleeping on this game. Hopefully it picks up steam.

I was planning on picking it up, but I'm running an older GPU and this game is probably going to entice me to finally upgrade. Has anyone in this thread had any issues running it on either nvidia or amd? I heard nvidia had driver issues on release that were causing crashes, but that's all I know.

Yeah, a Geforce 1060. Is this a common issue that I've managed to miss? It runs really well on high during the few early gunfights I've had, the crashes just seem to happen at random. First was during the cutscene with the janitor near the start, then getting the gun and now it's just happening all over when it saves after I pick nearly anything up. Basically given up now cause trying to sort it just feels like wasting time.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

guppy posted:

This game is super cool, or rather, it would be if I could play it for more than a few minutes without crashing (same "game_rmdwin7_f.exe is not responding" message as thebardyspoon). I'm on an RTX 2060, and I've updated the drivers to the newest ones but it hasn't helped. I don't believe this is the cause, but one problem for is I'm on Windows 8.1, which is technically unsupported by the card for some reason. (It works fine for everything else, and the consensus is that the card works fine except that the raytracing features are obviously not going to work since I can't use DX12, and to use the Win7 driver package.

I’m on win 8.1 as well so that might be the issue. As you say it seems very cool, seemingly is running just fine until the crashes and is extremely my jam so hoping a patch or an official “hey delete this file” thing comes out that works for me fixes it so I can play it would be great.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

guppy posted:

Update: Just had nearly 45 minutes of gameplay without crashes. (It didn't crash, I stopped after that.) It's looking like one of these was indeed the culprit. I'll try to tinker over the next however long and figure out what breaks it when I add it back into the mix. My money is on the SteelSeries app, just because there's some other audio app that I don't use ("Nahimic") that's been reported as a culprit for stuff like this.

If you can narrow it down that'd be great, I'm having no luck with any of the fixes I've seen so far. I tried deleting renderer.ini, closing everything other than the game down and then I did the optimisation thing through Geforce Experience and it seemed like that was working, got up to the second control point you can clear, did that and then I went back into the cafeteria and had an exciting gun battle with a bunch of dudes, started to think I might get to play this loving game instead of work on fixing it. Then it crashed while I was picking up a mod one of the enemies dropped. Gonna get a refund on Saturday if I can't figure this out. Sucks cause I was really looking forward to this one and I have no other way to play it since it sounds like it's bad on the base PS4 as well.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What happens at the end of this game? Do you get to run around the world exploring and doing the side stuff still or does it force you to restart? Just wondering, I think I'm only halfway through in any case but thinking of doing the main story mainly for a bit, try and actually finish one of the games I've got on the go rather than getting halfway through 4 games but I am enjoying the side stuff too so I'd like to have that available to do still.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

You get dumped back into the main world and can finish all the sidequests + those rotating random missions.

Awesome, cheers.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

folks, i can confirm the DLC is good so far.

Is the DLC out or do you have access to it early? Just bought it but it didn't seem to download an update or anything, don't have time to check it for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
One thing I was dreading was an Emily Pope betrayal, just felt like the sort of thing that games feel the need to put in.

When I got to the end of the game and that hadn’t happened I breathed a sigh of relief.