Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Elyv posted:

If I was a shapeshifter I would also have abs like that

He can look like anything, so of course he defaults to a humanoid appearance about the same build as the rest of the Planeswalkers we have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Hope they reveal what the UBW card does.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's like half of saccing a clue when Graf Mole is in play.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
His discard and sacrifice effects sound really irritating since Faeries look like they'll have a lot of ways to plus and are small enough to be expendable. He can also do them both at once.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Feels like the troll card should be more like the Hunted cycle from original Ravnica: you get a big creature, but your opponent gets a set of creatures that can kill yours. Him having a toll effect is weird too, in the story he doesn't get anything but an asskicking.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Drown in the Loch just sounds like it wants some deck focused on milling your opponent or discarding their stuff from t1 if possible, not everything needs to be in Teferi Tribal.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Ah, Vilis' sippy cup.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why is there a random creature dressed like a miko in the European set anyway

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I understand why it's a rare but it just seems so dull to open even compared to other rare lands.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

VIPER

U Are So Stupid

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Framboise posted:

I think Maro said it was to make it gender neutral or something.

Can you not call a woman Sir in real life?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
No faerie tribal stuff? It's Gremlins all over again for me.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Arena is better than Duel Links (Yu-Gi-Oh's equivalent of it) in a good amount of ways but I sometimes wish it had the flair for presentation the latter has. When you pick what character you're playing as there you get unique voice lines and character taunts, but picking a Planeswalker on Arena just changes what picture represents you.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Had to go Mardu Knights at draft, also went 1-3. I feel these things were connected. I did pull Cauldron and Mirror though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

sit on my Facebook posted:

Speaking of standard, here's a brew of the day:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2307998#paper

Improbable Alliance, good? Seems... improbable

Have you thought about Risk Factor?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Around 450 USD I believe. If you're Canadian it's probably near 600.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Nizzahon's a good guy, but a bit dry for long sessions listening to him I find. His draft videos can teach some good habits for that format if they end up liking it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Green/White at least seems better in limited this set than it was for M20.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Banning loving Veil of Summer would be hilarious.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
No Terfs on Our Turf is a good pun

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The Kraken looks pretty nice for Izzet Draw.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Couldn't they at least have made the Hoplite 2WW so you get two tokens out of it guaranteed at least?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
At least Outlaw's Merriment could be useful and was guaranteed to give you stuff, who wants to roll dice for a junk rare?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Hope the Izzet Titan is something spicy.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Do people think Agent will get banned, or just rotate first?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The worst flavor text this set is Phase Dolphin's imo, but it's not as bad overall for that as WAR.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Are you loving kidding me

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I'll miss hosing Thought Erasure (until that rotates) but I guess you can't have everything.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Ferrinus posted:

Somehow I suspect that Wizards is not going to remove from the game.

A lot of Boros and Azorius flavor text is lines like this honestly, and it's not like you can just remove them from the game. I can understand getting rid of some older cards that directly evoke real-world racism but if they wanted a list of stuff from across the whole game that could be offensive it would be laughably long.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 11, 2020

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
These last few sets made me wish Veil hadn't been Green, since I liked using it and it would probably still be around if it weren't attached to a color that's had it really, really good lately.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Selfless Savior's art also doesn't depict him in a situation where he's about to use his effect, which seems odd given the other dogs in the set.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

GoutPatrol posted:

Just remember everyone they made another three Mana walker in blue in Eldraine that starts with very high loyalty and I don't think everyone complaining about it. They know how to make ok ones.

They also made 3 Mana Sorin in M20 who is very good, but balanced by him becoming a paper-weight without any vampires around. Both him and the Kenriths are for particular decks, can't just be jammed into anything, and don't put cement shoes on your opponent.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

fadam posted:

What’s the Harry Potter set? Just a school setting?

Wizards, but not the kind of wizards Magic has had before, and fantasy, but not the kind Magic has had before?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The wizard plane should just be Unseen Academy if we're being really honest.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Wait, you have to pay 3 life to have a mono-land come in untapped? Seems overbalanced if this is the average for this cycle.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 3, 2020

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

This is pretty cool. Hard to race (for a 2 drop) and late game 2 for 1 reanimate.

Nice two-drop for vampires, not sure what I'd take out for it though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

BizarroAzrael posted:

Disappointed at no vampire one drop.

Have we seen Deadly Alliance yet? Excellent limited card, love these guys just going full Murder on the Orient Express.

I really hope when big events return I can have Wylie Beckert sign all of their cards.

It's a good card for draft but everytime I look at I can't help focusing on the art. You're getting murdered, man, you could care a little.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That would be interesting for Uro but I feel like it makes Kroxa basically unplayable if you're not escaping him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Eej posted:

You should feel bad for agreeing with this dumbass take

e: like maybe he should just play hearthstone

https://twitter.com/BryanGo/status/1308475525715750912

So he wants creature combat but he wants a banlist that will drastically buff non-creature decks.