Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1166685686105329664?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:munch:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I bet this tropical storm will magically become a "hurricane" just before it hits PR. This is all a loving scam to drink more sea water

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sweet thursday posted:

I bet this tropical storm will magically become a "hurricane" just before it hits PR. This is all a loving scam to drink more sea water

Maybe but so far it's pretty weak. Wind speeds around the eyewall are only around 35mph. I fart stronger than that.

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice

wow, what a dick

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

"If Puerto Rico didn't dress like that they wouldn't get hit by so many hurricanes!"

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

soy posted:

Maybe but so far it's pretty weak. Wind speeds around the eyewall are only around 35mph. I fart stronger than that.

Where are you seeing that? The NHC update this morning says sustained winds up to 70 mph, and matches measurements from the Virgin (lol) Islands, with gusts in the 90s.

Anyway, my house is a block from the beach directly where the storm makes landfall in the five day forecast, so I’m counting on that ~200 mile 5 day forecast inaccuracy to save me from having to replace my roof for a 3rd time in 3 years.

E: I mean landfall in FL, not PR

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bad Purchase posted:

Where are you seeing that? The NHC update this morning says sustained winds up to 70 mph, and matches measurements from the Virgin (lol) Islands, with gusts in the 90s.

actual ground based weather stations reports

that said, the velocity radar is showing it has now exceeded fart speed, but that's measuring differential of air not on the surface, but generally it's probably around this speed now

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCHARLOT2 has gusts at 103mph :getin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

soy fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 28, 2019

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
like when has a presidential message of support during a potential natural disaster ever come with a "gently caress you, buddy" attached

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Op, improve this op immediately. It’s poo poo, but a relevant topic. Add some actual info, opinions and stuff. One hour.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ArchNemesis posted:

like when has a presidential message of support during a potential natural disaster ever come with a "gently caress you, buddy" attached

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal, except for that absolute fuckwit Stephen Douglas.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Puerto Rico is about to get hit by some toilet paper

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Sending Thoughts and Paper Towel Rolls to Puerto Rico.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Burt Sexual posted:

Op, improve this op immediately. It’s poo poo, but a relevant topic. Add some actual info, opinions and stuff. One hour.

What more even needs to be said?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ArchNemesis posted:

Was there a message of support? I'm pretty sure Trump just said it's Puerto Rico's fault for being located in a place with lots of tropical storms...

Also it's nice of Trump to send a FEMA agent this time.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sweet thursday posted:

Hah they just made it a hurricane. You win the prize, of DEATH!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Also it's nice of Trump to send a FEMA agent this time.

Maybe this time they will actually leave their hotel.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Why do a bunch of people have an avatar of Cedric licking someone's foot?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
"as usual" lmao

CMON GOD PICK ON SOME IMPOVRISHED NATION THAT I DONT HAVE TO CARE ABOUT AS PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, CHRIST

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...erto-rico-tweet

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I'm glad Haiti is missing the most of it, as they're another place that doesn't need it.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Why do a bunch of people have an avatar of Cedric licking someone's foot?

I'm wondering the same thing. I think it's from the simpsons? Maybe it's because we love trump?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I hope it lifts Puerto Rico up and dumps it right in the middle of the US.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm so fuckin tired of everything being filtered through the Trump lens. I'm just going to come right out and say it. I hate the guy.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
The Virgin islands and the Chad Puerto Rico

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I recently moved to PR.

Ama

And yes, I'm well stocked up on rum, but that is a given regardless of the westher

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Who What Now posted:

What more even needs to be said?

In retrospect, you’re right.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thesaurus posted:

I recently moved to PR.

Ama

And yes, I'm well stocked up on rum, but that is a given regardless of the westher

what's it like not paying income tax?

do they have good tacos?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

soy posted:

what's it like not paying income tax?

do they have good tacos?

Federal employees, of which I'm one, have to pay fed income, no dice :( either way you'd be paying taxes to the local gov, since they have their own income taxes

There is a fast-food chain that is everywhere called "the taco maker" but I haven't been yet. I looks equivalent to taco bell. Food isn't spicy here anyways, just fried meats and fried starches for the most part

I was cruising around the city earlier and it was pretty chill. Blue skies and zero traffic or tourists in the old Spanish fort

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
starting to think that this Trump guys is a tremendous rear end in a top hat

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Thesaurus posted:

Federal employees, of which I'm one, have to pay fed income, no dice :( either way you'd be paying taxes to the local gov, since they have their own income taxes

There is a fast-food chain that is everywhere called "the taco maker" but I haven't been yet. I looks equivalent to taco bell. Food isn't spicy here anyways, just fried meats and fried starches for the most part

I was cruising around the city earlier and it was pretty chill. Blue skies and zero traffic or tourists in the old Spanish fort

Pfft and you’re gonna want billions more to recover from that!?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

yikes, nothing in the way to slow it down or break it up and now forecasted to be a cat 3 when it hits FL.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Thesaurus posted:

Is it super hot and muggy all the time?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I'm surprised, especially with how lovely the US is that the insurance companies either flat out refuse to insure homes in Florida or charge insane rates as to where no one can afford to even insure their home

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Who What Now posted:

Is it super hot and muggy all the time?

Yeah. But there are gorgeous beaches everywhere and you get the sea breeze there

Burt Sexual posted:

Pfft and you’re gonna want billions more to recover from that!?

Yeah

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Do it ironically posted:

I'm surprised, especially with how lovely the US is that the insurance companies either flat out refuse to insure homes in Florida or charge insane rates as to where no one can afford to even insure their home

If the insurance companies weren't coming out way ahead they wouldn't be doing it so you can rest assured they aren't losing money by insuring poo poo in FL.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

URGENT 3:00PM UPDATE FROM SAN JUAN PUERTO RICO

It's cloudy. drinking this rum and thinking of going down to my condo pool before it gets windy

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Do it ironically posted:

i was under the impression they simply exempt coverage for anything hurricane-related

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

starting to think that this Trump guys is a tremendous rear end in a top hat

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040217897703026689?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

big nipples big life posted:

yikes, nothing in the way to slow it down or break it up and now forecasted to be a cat 3 when it hits FL.

Well. I guess I'll die, then.