Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kolby posted:

I do think tourism spots tend to do this with murders and disappearances(Aruba with Natalee Holloway and Cruise Ships where people go missing).

I don't see why they would cover up the death count of one of the biggest hurricanes ever, though.

You know rich people, the type that go to sandals and whatever... any hint of negativity and they’ll go elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Here's the cameras in South Carolina if anyone has time to find a good one:

https://www.511sc.org

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

kolby posted:

Here's the cameras in South Carolina if anyone has time to find a good one:

https://www.511sc.org

College of Charleston has better ones

http://webcams.cofc.edu/webcam8/index.php

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

That one chef that went to Puerto Rico José Andrés has already landed some supplies after chartering a helicopter in to Abaco. Sandwiches and still-cold oranges and water.

https://twitter.com/chefjoseandres/status/1169444477066502144

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Sorry your life was destroyed, would you like a still-cold orange?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

angerbeet posted:

yeah, what kind of rear end in a top hat delivers food to a disaster area?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Oracle posted:

That one chef that went to Puerto Rico José Andrés has already landed some supplies after chartering a helicopter in to Abaco. Sandwiches and still-cold oranges and water.

https://twitter.com/chefjoseandres/status/1169444477066502144

Couldn't even send vienna sausages and skittles, sad!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

kolby posted:

I do think tourism spots tend to do this with murders and disappearances(Aruba with Natalee Holloway and Cruise Ships where people go missing).

I don't see why they would cover up the death count of one of the biggest hurricanes ever, though.

There's so many legitimate reasons to be afraid of cruises but the idea that they just go "new phone who dis" when they come back with fewer people than they left with is just silly.

Unless by "cover up" you mean "make the people effected sign NDAs as part of their settlement" in which case welcome to every industry in America.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

angerbeet posted:

:chloe:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

angerbeet posted:

You do? OK wait hold still for my instagram first.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Charleston is getting flooded by Dorian right now. The eye is just offshore.

Howdges
Dec 29, 2012

My bloodlust is sated. Thank you Dorian.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What’s wrong with cruises lol

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FlamingLiberal posted:

Charleston is getting flooded by Dorian right now. The eye is just offshore.

:munch:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Can’t wait to see how much some dumb hick pays out for some tattered flag scraps this year :patriot:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Hazo posted:

Can’t wait to see how much some dumb hick pays out for some tattered flag scraps this year :patriot:

Kevin was a hero

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

George H.W. oval office posted:

What’s wrong with cruises lol

Literally everything.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

angerbeet posted:

how is this an opinion anybody can hold? This isn't Kortanee virtue vacationing. This is legitimate assistance while people are organizing to rebuild and recover.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

when the water subsides are people going to continue living on the islands? i feel like they shouldnt, and everyone should be marked as a refugee and they should be allowed to move.

It should be up to them but I agree that refugee status to those who lost so much should be granted.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
hosed up freaks in this thread rubbing their hands and shaking with glee imagining people dying

angerbeet posted:

gently caress you

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

heeheex2 posted:

hosed up freaks in this thread rubbing their hands and shaking with glee imagining people dying

Don't judge me!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

how is this an opinion anybody can hold? This isn't Kortanee virtue vacationing. This is legitimate assistance while people are organizing to rebuild and recover.

It's the uselessly illustrative adjective - still-cold. He took some oranges out of a fridge holy poo poo!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
gently caress you

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Maybe he then delivered a pizza, still-warm

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Should have offered them an egg in those trying times

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

Unless by "cover up" you mean "make the people effected sign NDAs as part of their settlement" in which case welcome to every industry in America.

That's what I meant, yea. So bad example but I just google'd it and 250 people have gone missing from Cruise Ships in the last 10 years and Amy Bradley is the only one I can name. So they are pretty good with those NDAs.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

It should be up to them but I agree that refugee status to those who lost so much should be granted.

Hell yeah let's send them to El Salvador with the others

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

heeheex2 posted:

hosed up freaks in this thread rubbing their hands and shaking with glee imagining black people dying

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Nothing more refreshing than a still-cold orange lol come on down to Doobies!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Oranges... in the cooler.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

angerbeet posted:

Aren't oranges good for vitamin c and not getting scurvy? Sounds like a good idea tbh

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah oranges are actually pretty good for emergencies i think. Not only their nutritional value, but they transport better and stay fresh longer than most fruits.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Might be the only cold thing they get for awhile.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

We are just teaching them to be dependent on orange donations. The best way to help them is to stay out of it and let them lift themselves up by the bootstraps

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Anything with a thick peel is much more sanitary to eat as well. That's tropical fruit 101. If it has a peel it's quite safe to eat fresh. If you eat the skin, enjoy your giardia or e coli.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Sorry about your cancer but I brought you some oranges, you will please note they are still-cold, a notable quality of oranges

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

this is a really dumb hill to die on.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'm not sure what there is to be mad about with the guy handing out oranges.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

If you give a man an orange he only eats for a day

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
That guy's post really didn't come off as mad to me. He was just making a little fun of the "still-cold" bit.

I really don't get this online trend of interpreting every post ever as being made in anger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I think angerbeet is angry he didn't give them beets