Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

kindermord posted:

I don't get how the entire Bahamas aren't scoured off the face of the planet. I guess they build for it.

https://twitter.com/ExumaBeachLodge/status/1168678169752326144

That guy used the meme misspelled hashtag that was trending #1 earlier today

Tree Bucket posted:

Hot rain is a thing? What?
I thought warm water feeds hurricanes. What kind of hellish feedback loop is that?

Yea, it's somewhat common in Florida. It's not hot as in "ow poo poo I'm burning" though, it's just because it's so drat hot and humid most of the year, the rain hits you like a lukewarm shower. Mostly a summer thing.

enojy fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Typhoon Faxai just clipped Tokyo earlier today with ~120 MPH sustained winds. NHK World (Japanese news source in English) doesn't seem to be making a big deal of it, aside from it being the strongest storm on record to ever hit the Tokyo area, and early reports of casualties.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Latest Euro model suggests this may be Dorian's little lovely rear end in a top hat brother, as in, a tropical storm the northern Bahamas really don't need right now, a brief scare for Floridians, and low grade hurricane winds back up the Carolinas' coastline.

Of course, the GFS has it pushing through southern Florida into the Gulf of Mexico into (wait for it)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE ROLL TIDE TRUMP 2020

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oh gently caress Trump is really going to find some way to try and save face on Twitter if this thing does actually get to Alabama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Is that a port-a-shitter in the middle of that bridge?