Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

On your knees, mortal. The Gods are watching.

Inspired by BM's laws, I decided to turn up the heat and bring some action into BYOB, the Law Zone. The game is this:
As lord servant of the almighty Gods, I will receive their words and transmit them to you via this thread. They will tell you to do something in every post you make in BYOB and if you don't do it, I will probe you for this sacrilege. You infidel.

Instructions:
1) Sign up to join the Cult of Enlightenment in this thread
2) Read the currently active commandment below. Commandments are subject to change every few days, depending on the will of the Gods.
3) Follow the current commandment no matter what. No taking back, no swimming around, full commitment only. Only exceptions of all commandments are serious effort posts and any posts in the Bad Vibes thread.
4) Come back to this thread to sign off the cult, ask questions regarding the currently active commandment or suggest new ones. Maybe they will listen to you!

Only yobbers who have signed up ITT are watched by the Gods and you can sign off anytime you wish (also sign up again afterwards), I will try to keep track based on the timestamp of your posts. That means that if you make a post breaking a commandment, then sign off and I catch you doing so, I will still probe you, so don't play with the God's fire. If you try to edit your soul out of it, beg that it's a ninja edit and no one saw it in time.
Commandments can change at any time, I will try to both not to overwhelm you with new rules as well as not let this go stale. ONLY the current commandment is important, anything before or after does not matter for your posts. I hope this stays manageable, I honestly can't tell.
Also note that if you break a commandment and don't get probed because I'm not on a computer or because I missed it, it can happen anytime later. I probably saw it, noted it down somewhere and the God's wrath will strike you down, so don't test me.

Winner's Blessing:
If you manage to follow a total of four commandments without breaking any of them, I will buy you a forum cert of your choice (reg/plat/archives/av/no ads/name change/unban)! This is not a race, so anyone who participates and wins can get one. If you don't want one, donating them is fine, too. Alternatively, choose a banner ad for byob and I'll buy that one instead.
A commandment counts as fulfilled if you signed up not too long after it was given (or if you already were signed up) and you stay in for the full duration. You can still sign off anytime, but the commandment that was in place then will not count for your score, even if you sign back on.
Your current score can be seen in the list below.

Current commandment: None

Nothing right now, post however you like

Current Cult of Enlightenment:

• I Was The Fury (Commandments: 3)
  • bee eater (Commandments: 4) (Winner's Blessing!)
  • Heather Papps (Commandments: 2)
  • [dormant] alnilam (Commandments: 2)
  • lost my old email (Commandments: 2)
  • Bacon Taco (Commandments: 0)
  • TVsVeryOwn (Commandments: 1)

Previous commandments:
  • The Butt Zone: Every post has to include the word butt in some shape or form.
  • Threadnesday, but in BYOB: Everyone signed up has to post two threads before the commandment expires (happened after ~28 hours)
  • Gentleman's Club: Stay classy, avoid typos, properly capitalize letters and use proper grammar at all times.
  • Baby Thread Adoption: Post a creative thread and guide it towards adulthood, so it never falls off to page 2 and gets fun and attention.

Feel free to ask questions, post suggestions or ideas or high quality butt jokes in this thread.

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

hi yes hello. butt

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

i commit myself to the commandments you place forth butt i cannot guarantee that i will refrain from sinning

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

nut

on bendeth knee i proclaim my unwavering support to do the bidding of big eye god, through which whose teachings i will transcend my posting form and achieve mega chi and can wear the yin yang pin i bought at a boutqieu on my ripped denim jacket lapel and feel marginally better about myself than my friends who just say its a stylistic choice butt with no deeper meaning

Heather Papps

hello friend

i hereby renounce all pledges to any and all sweater puppies, from the tinniest pups to the biggest doggos, and swear forever love to the butt okay thank you

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I like you GAG but I dislike authority.

Goons Are Gifts

Your av makes you immune anyways tbh

Heather Papps

hello friend

so do i need to like, cut my hair off or something?
butts

alnilam

Placing myself butt naked before the bespectacled eyes of Dr T J Eckleberg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ty manifisto

alnilam

btw if you probate my butt for something, please put a note that it's related to a forum contest, so that an admin doesn't think it's hosed up that an IK is probing a mod

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

Alright! I can't wait to probe your butts in the name of the divine

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps posted:

so do i need to like, cut my hair off or something?
butts

only your butt hair.

as for me I will never bow down to "The" Man; I will never post butts in my posts because of some cultish adherence to "rules"!!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

alnilam

My butt has a question, what about empty quotes are those exempt

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

alnilam posted:

butts

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

No, unless the quote includes the word butt

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

No, unless the quote includes the word butt

butt is it then mandatory to empty quote posts with the word butt in them for True "Believers"?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Goons Are Gifts

Let's add some byob spirited positivity into this church. Now available: The winner's blessing!

You can now win a forum cert of your choice if you follow a total of four commandments without breaking any of them. If you do break one, no worries, you're not out of chances and can just win with the next one!
I edited the op with some details, let me know if I forgot to specify anything in there.

Goons Are Gifts

Stoner Sloth posted:

butt is it then mandatory to empty quote posts with the word butt in them for True "Believers"?

If you do, the light may shine on you for an additionally long and peaceful time, but it is not mandatory under the current commandment. That may change though with the next one!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am so sorry my butt is red from self spanks in sadness

Heather Papps

hello friend

quick question to save my butt: if i edit a post, that has butt in it, later, but the edit doesn't have butt in it, am i breaking the word of the law?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

quick question to save my butt: if i edit a post, that has butt in it, later, but the edit doesn't have butt in it, am i breaking the word of the law?

also if i quote a post with a butt in it do i have to also post a butt help high priest help

lost my old email

i am currently the surrogate poster for jon joe so i need to get up off my butt and earn my keep. the rules explicitly state that this is byob only but i will be keeping kosher everywhere that i post. also, to be moses atop the flaming mountain for a moment, surely :wedass: should count towards my butt posting quota

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

Goons Are Gifts

Heather Papps posted:

Nah if it had a butt it's good, unless I never saw it with a butt and you edited it out before I could confirm the fair post, then it's probably bad.
Although by common sense no one should ever edit out a butt tbh

Heather Papps posted:

also if i quote a post with a butt in it do i have to also post a butt help high priest help

No, quotes count as your post and are fine, just like with emptyquotes.

Goons Are Gifts

lost my old email posted:

i am currently the surrogate poster for jon joe so i need to get up off my butt and earn my keep. the rules explicitly state that this is byob only but i will be keeping kosher everywhere that i post. also, to be moses atop the flaming mountain for a moment, surely :wedass: should count towards my butt posting quota

That's a good point, that weedass smiley is a holy exempt and fair use instead of a butt, I didn't think of that. After all, no one could deny a weedass anything.

Goons Are Gifts

:siren: New commandment!! :siren:

The Butt Zone has passed, you no longer have to post butts and are free to post whatever. However, everyone signed up has to post at least two new threads in BYOB before the commandment expires. Content, length, title and whatnot does not matter, also not if you post them right now or a minute before it's over, let us all enjoy some great posts!!
Anyone who didn't follow the commandment will be probed after the commandment is over.

Also, updated the scoreboard for the winners.

Heather Papps

hello friend

yes

I Was The Fury

Commandment 2 has been completed just in time. Thank you for your patience special eyeball man

lost my old email

one down. i am now completely creatively bankrupt so this one will be a nail biter

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

Heather Papps

hello friend

one down. i am now completely creatively bankrupt so this one will be a nail biter

okay so here is the trick.
you just
fuckihg
thread.
the end no one cares if it is bad listen i post thereads and most suck okay? we all know this and understadn it but also, just post a thread. post 3. post 10!
COWARD
do it

lost my old email

Heather Papps posted:

okay so here is the trick.
you just
fuckihg
thread.
the end no one cares if it is bad listen i post thereads and most suck okay? we all know this and understadn it but also, just post a thread. post 3. post 10!
COWARD
do it

i am a coward who will post no more threads this night but the deed is done

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am a coward who will post no more threads this night but the deed is done

ok i love you brethren we are all one under the GOD EYE

Goons Are Gifts

Those are some good threads though, everyone feel encourage to post even more because posting is what keeps us alive

Looks like everyone but al fulfilled their duty, let's see if anyone else feels like signing up and POSTING before the hammer drops

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

Those are some good threads though, everyone feel encourage to post even more because posting is what keeps us alive

Looks like everyone but al fulfilled their duty, let's see if anyone else feels like signing up and POSTING before the hammer drops

HP shared this thread with friends/family/strangers

Heather Papps

hello friend

I was trying so hard to get this post in under the wire, my sirs and madams, but unfortunately I was not rapid enough.

Goons Are Gifts

:siren: New commandment :siren:

The threadnesday is over, everyone but alnilam fulfilled their posting duty. You may now feel free to post as much or little as you like, however, the Gentleman's club is here! Stay classy, talk orderly, no typos, no mistakes, proper punctuation and capitalization, let's talk like real adults here. There is some freedom in small typos or stuff that just happens, but you should double check every post you make or beg that I don't see your emergency edit in time!
Regular English is the way to go here, I won't be monitoring other languages obviously and (not super common) names etc. are exempt. In general, if I can't check it in a dictionary, it's fair game.

Updated the scoreboard as well, we are getting close to two winners already!

Goons Are Gifts

edit: actually, let's stay a bit subtle here for other reasons

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 31, 2019

lost my old email

I will do my upmost to uphold this new doctrine, my good gentleman.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Help me please I can feel the Papps rising in me.

I want, very much, to just post the word "Bump!" but I remain hesitant, for I am not certain if a single word exclamation counts as proper, grammar wise.

I am very close to just doing it, and risking the probe, but I take my oaths seriously and will not break them knowingly.

I Was The Fury

Heather Papps posted:

Help me please I can feel the Papps rising in me.

I want, very much, to just post the word "Bump!" but I remain hesitant, for I am not certain if a single word exclamation counts as proper, grammar wise.

I am very close to just doing it, and risking the probe, but I take my oaths seriously and will not break them knowingly.

I see your dilemma, Miss Papps, and to my knowledge it would be improper grammar to post a single word with an exclamation point. It is understandable when done as an exclamation of surprise, pain, disappointment, elation, or some other such outburst of emotion, but to be a complete grammatically correct sentence it would require both a subject and a predicate.
Of course, there is a potential that my knowledge is lacking, as I have not studied the English language in any depth since I was a much younger man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

The pain has receded. This is my form, now.