Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
more embarassing:
This poll is closed.
matrix ripoffs 28 37.33%
pulp fiction ripoffs 47 62.67%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Mozi posted:

if i were to make a pulp fiction ripoff i would do it exactly the same except show what's in the briefcase (it was comic books)

Epsteins flight logs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

big nipples big life posted:

The second and third matrix movies were so bad they felt like rip offs. The rave scene makes plan 9 from outer space feel like citizen kane.

I’m imagining Paul Mooney in his psychic outfit from chapelle show saying the second sentence and it feels good.

Edit no wait Mooney on movies I hosed that up

Vomik fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 29, 2019

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Schweinhund posted:

17-copycat-films-spawned-from-quentin-tarantinos-pulp-fiction

The reason people can't post examples is because these movies are all forgettable. But they'd play on cable all the time.

Where’s the god drat bulleted list? This is internet 3.0 I can’t read paragraphs

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Truck Stop Stall posted:

I like reading about monarchs traveling incognito, like here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_of_Charles_II I think it would have been tougher for old school royalty to do it because how the hell would they know how to fit in with peasants; they'd been raised in a palace. I like to think that there's some universal "fitting in" thing that anybody can access, whether they're royalty or a peasant. "keep your nose down, mind your own business", or something like that.

The smallpox scarring and deformities would have let them fit in perfectly