Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
nanette was interesting and all and yeah I mean it's brave and I guess some people needed to hear something like that but absolutely is not comedy in any way lol

or at least, none of the good parts are comedy. there are jokes but they're terrible. nothing in that special is funny.

it seems like it would be good as like a story on the moth or some poo poo like that where people just tell stories, I dunno how it's called a comedy special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
$100 flat rate $200 if you wanna see me cum

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

marijuanamancer posted:

$100 flat rate $200 if you wanna see me cum

Why do I have to pay you to race AND reach the finish line? You'd think there would be a flat rate since you were going to get there anyway

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Why do I have to pay you to race AND reach the finish line? You'd think there would be a flat rate since you were going to get there anyway

dont shade my hustle some people just wanna see u come aint you ever sold your body before

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Stefan Prodan posted:

nanette was interesting and all and yeah I mean it's brave and I guess some people needed to hear something like that but absolutely is not comedy in any way lol

or at least, none of the good parts are comedy. there are jokes but they're terrible. nothing in that special is funny.

it seems like it would be good as like a story on the moth or some poo poo like that where people just tell stories, I dunno how it's called a comedy special

Goons: everything is comedy, there's no such thing as comedy police!

Also Goons: lady no do comedy right

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Who What Now posted:

For it to be a comedy, you gotta hear people laugh baby.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Who What Now posted:

What’s the funniest bit from Nanette?

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 15, 2019

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

What’s the funniest bit from Nannette?
The one where it won an Emmy

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Crazy Ted posted:

The one where it won an Emmy

How inclusive.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Odddzy posted:

For it to be a comedy, you gotta hear people laugh baby.

If your poo poo act is receiving applause instead of laughter it's probably not comedy. You're just a hack saying poo poo people agree with.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

fist4jesus posted:

How inclusive.
And it was for a "Variety Special"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

FYI haters Nanette has a 100 rating on rotten tomatoes. Yes, THE rotten tomatoes.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

oldpainless posted:

FYI haters Nanette has a 100 rating on rotten tomatoes. Yes, THE rotten tomatoes.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hannah_gadsby_nanette

46 Critics: 100%
1,093 User Ratings: 27%

Hmmm, it's almost as though comedy critiques are laughably trite garbage and anyone who sits down to 'review' a comedy special in earnest is probably missing the loving point

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bust Rodd posted:

What’s the funniest bit from Nannette?

The reactions of goons

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I'm too cool to laugh at comedy but I'm certainly not too cool to post on these comedy forums.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Nanette waiting for this thread to close like

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Imagine being the only white male critic to give the Nanette special a less than stellar review and thinking no one is going to thrash you on twitter afterwards.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

marijuanamancer posted:

ok if my boss asked me if he could crank one out in front of me i would say no sir, not today, ill see you later. probably at the scheduled time tomorrow

Does your boss have the ability to make you rich and famous or is it more like he only has the ability to punish you for doing a lovely job cleaning the grease traps

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok so a judgement on your field of work goes into whether he can crank it infront of you

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Boss skeets for a dollar

Makes me watch for a dime

Jacking off in front of coworkers is always a crime

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you think louis ck is gatekeeping you from making it big, you are a poor performer

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Watching Paper Tiger ATM. Even though I stopped listening to the podcast I still love Bill, and even doing my best to hate it and view it through the lens of progressive 2019 values but I just can’t, he’s loud and funny and I’m just cracking up at all the hosed up poo poo he’s saying. I love his delivery and his physicality and his momentum.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The only reason you know who Bill Burr is is because he watched Louis CK jerk off into a coffee mug in 2006

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hello mediocre internet personality, i will watch you jerk off to accelerate my own career

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how naive do you have to be to watch sweaty louis ck do anything

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not to mention there were two of them. if i had a dollar for every time two chicks at once made a good decision...

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dana gould said it was cool so rip

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

sorry i dont watch stargate

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
So I saw the new Dave LaChapelle exhibition...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

That comic is ironic because that is like the most popular take on the Internet right now and certainly didn’t need illustrating.

Bill’s special isn’t as rock solid as Dave’s but he hit me with some pretty big gutbusters, and I really gotta hand it to him for coming off as both toxic and vulnerable at times.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

I saw Joe Rogan in LA a couple months ago and it was not funny. Also he is very short. His only funny bit was something like “sorry wives/girlfriends if you’re here because your partners look up to me... they really shouldn’t do that.”

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Wow, joe rogan is short?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Switchback posted:

I saw Joe Rogan in LA a couple months ago and it was not funny. Also he is very short. His only funny bit was something like “sorry wives/girlfriends if you’re here because your partners look up to me... they really shouldn’t do that.”

"Hi i'm Joe Rogan, let me tell you about this time i did DMT!"

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
I figured Dave would do a bunch of call backs but the donkey show was pretty shocking, even for 2019. Screaming at the audience for participants was strange as well

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

reignofevil posted:

Boss skeets for a dollar

Makes me watch for a dime

Jacking off in front of coworkers is always a crime

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
personally i wouldnt be able to sleep at night if paul mooney wasnt forced to publically apologize for saying the n word on chappelle's show... i mean its not like the man (david chappelle) left his own production based on misconceptions and stereotypes he was unwittingly reinforcing or that he would have any social awareness compared to any *really* socially important group like transgender people

edit: hes definitely a lizard person now because of how i percieve his fanbase via twitter

double edit: he's basically punishing white people for laughing at his jokes as far as most of you are concerned so what the gently caress are you whining about

triple edit: I THINK.. BAD WORDS... ARE BAD.. I LIVE.. IN THE MOMENT?

quadruple perma-bannable edit: HOW DARE YOU COMPARE A PERSON I'VE NEVER MET WHO IS POSTING ON THE INTERNETS SOLELY TO SELL A PRODUCT TO ME, A PERSON WHO HAS SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON THERAPY AND IS JUST LIVING THEIR BEST LIFE

The Cockler fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 17, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/1173761053068386304?s=21

Norm wants weighing in on Shane Gilis getting added to SNL and then immediately getting cancelled.

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
guy was trying to be cute about his superiority complex whereas norm macdonald needs the universe to survive on account of his gambling addiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z0nA7SbNDQ

This doesn't really have anything to do with anything nowadays, but I need a vague excuse to post Richard Pryor.