Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Hot Pockets?
This poll is closed.
Yes I love them 19 42.22%
No they are bad and I hate them 26 57.78%
Total: 45 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
They're like a grilled cheese for your face. A top tier sandwich really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

numberoneposter posted:

i like my hot pockets like i like my men

Full of meat product and cheese food?

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Once in awhile I'll eat them if I really don't feel like cooking and the wife is away on one of her business trips with her personal trainer.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Iron Crowned posted:

Full of meat product and cheese food?
paid for by my mom and brought to me after midnight

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
heated up with an external sleeve but eaten without it

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Once in awhile I'll eat them if I really don't feel like cooking and the wife is away on one of her business trips with her personal trainer.

berth ell pocket

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I don't hate Hot Pockets.

My gut, however, does and I prefer to not spend two hours on the toilet the day after so I avoid them.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Maybe see a doctor if the store bought equivalent of a grilled cheese sandwich makes you poo poo for hours days after you eat one

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

They're like a grilled cheese for your face. A top tier sandwich really.

I already apply grilled cheese to my face, have I been doing it wrong?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Never had a hot pocket, but I'd watch Claire Saffitz make them any day of the week.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Coasterphreak posted:

I don't hate Hot Pockets.

My gut, however, does and I prefer to not spend two hours on the toilet the day after so I avoid them.

Do you have fainting spells if you catch a whiff of an onion?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
MOM!

MOM!!!

*screeching* MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get me a Hot Pocket! I'm raiding!

NO YOU GROW UP AND GO GET A JOB!!

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Haven’t had one in years. Too bad you posted this now while I’m trying to get healthy again. 6 months ago I’d have lumbered my fat rear end over to the store and bought 3 boxes of them, promising myself I’d just have 1 today, and then upon finishing the 3rd box, contemplate the sweet, sweet release of death.

I remember them being pretty good tho.

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes when they're on sale. Two boxes for like five bucks and I'll throw them in the freezer for a rainy day.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I just ate a 99 cent microwave burrito.

785 calories of ragret and satisfaction

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I used to eat them when I lived in a disgusting efficiency apartment in a violent neighborhood on Cleveland's west side and drank hard every day. They were good for that because I only had a kitchenette and was usually blackout drunk by 10pm every night. I'd forget to eat and then smash like 3 of them around 1 in the morning while I listened to gunshots outside and my upstairs neighbors beating the poo poo out of each other and smoking meth.

The ham and cheese ones are alright. The meatball one seems promising but its gross, and the cheese in the philly cheese one is like runny jizz.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Sorry you had to live in Ohio

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

No.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I remember that weasel-faced guy from Road Trip was playing a hacker in some dumb disaster movie and required these by name, it was pretty cringey.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I like those high protein bacon and cheese ones with the pretzel crust. Tastes like a ballpark pretzel with nacho cheese. There’s supposed to be tomatoes in there, but I don’t believe it.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

In the freezer, wrapped in plastic.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i like to throw 12 pack after 12 pack in the oven, and then throw them in the tub so i can bathe in them like scrooge mcduck

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

i like to throw 12 pack after 12 pack in the oven, and then throw them in the tub so i can bathe in them like scrooge mcduck

You on literotica? If not, you should be.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
well I don't like them so I voted no but they're not that bad, I don't hate them. I'd certainly eat one if I were really hungry or offered one as a guest. just don't really care for them

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Do it ironically posted:

Hot pockets are truly american food, just poo poo of such low quality that no one would ever eat these disgusting items on their own but they get shoved in together with a bunch of grease and fat, and made for the laziest american way of cooking, the microwave

So OP, no I do not like hot pockets
:yeah:

as a kid we would get Schwans (lol are they even sitll around?) a few times and schwans had their own hot pocket caleld like kangaroo pocket. they were ok and felkt a little less greasy than hot pockets, but still were kinda gross when microwaved because like parts of the dough would get weirdly dessicated and dried out like biting into stale rubber, but rest of it was super greasy. same goes for hot pockets too i guess.

i liked tontinos pizza rolls better but even then i gave up all that stuff by the time i went to college. i wouldn't say i hate them, but i wouldn't know since i haven't had them in over 16+ years, i'm sure they're edible but it's like... why bother

my stoned/drunk/hungover food is trader joes these days, they sell like 4-packs of frozen bambino pizzas for like $3 that are legit good, or even just their whole frozen margarita pizza for $3 is excellent and i can eat a whole one if im stoned enough.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

with marinara coursing through their veins

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

oozing liquid dairy fixin's

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
When I was a kid tho bagel pizza bites were what I ate a lot more than hot pockets

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

growing up in the arctic wasteland of canada we only had pizza pops as a child back in the 40s and they were either stone cold frozen or molten lava and nothing in between

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Do it ironically posted:

When I was a kid tho bagel pizza bites were what I ate a lot more than hot pockets

oh poo poo yeah i forgot about these, same. ate those way way more. man i haven't had those in well over a decade, but bagel bites done in a toaster oven was :swoon:

gently caress microwaving bagel bites tho, the key was toaster oven

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Xaris posted:

oh poo poo yeah i forgot about these, same. ate those way way more. man i haven't had those in well over a decade, but bagel bites done in a toaster oven was :swoon:

gently caress microwaving bagel bites tho, the key was toaster oven

We (my mom) used a conventional oven but yeah in the microwave they sucked

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i think that was also the problem with hot pockets. i dont think theres many food products where there's a loving grand canyon divide between how good they sound in an idyllic bliss idea/commercial/rose-tinted nostalgia goggles than actually in practicality. in practice if you microwaved them, the center was often cold and the outer filling was too hot, the outside shell was simultaneously a soggy mess and rock-hard desiccated disaster that broke teeth and had to throw out the edges. let alone the topping/sauce quality was probably the lowest of the barrel but you really dont think about that as a kid tho even then i remember being kinda offput by the meatball one and stuf just because it was weird and rubbery.

if you tried to cook em in the oven, they took like an hour

bagel bite supremacy

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Xaris posted:

i think that was also the problem with hot pockets. i dont think theres many food products where there's a loving grand canyon divide between how good they sound in an idyllic bliss idea/commercial/rose-tinted nostalgia goggles than actually in practicality. in practice if you microwaved them, the center was often cold and the outer filling was too hot, the outside shell was simultaneously a soggy mess and rock-hard desiccated disaster that broke teeth and had to throw out the edges. let alone the topping/sauce quality was probably the lowest of the barrel but you really dont think about that as a kid tho even then i remember being kinda offput by the meatball one and stuf just because it was weird and rubbery.

if you tried to cook em in the oven, they took like an hour

bagel bite supremacy
you could turn this post into a 30 minute YouTube video

The Problem With Hot Pockets

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
if you cut a hot pocket length wise through the middle it becomes a sandwich

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If your hot pocket comes out of the microwave and half of it is dried out and hard and the other half broke open and spilled all the insides out it’s a pretty bad omen. I would probably just call it a day after that

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

If your hot pocket comes out of the microwave and half of it is dried out and hard and the other half broke open and spilled all the insides out it’s a pretty bad omen. I would probably just call it a day after that
nuff said, back to bed, shutter the windows, take a bunch of melatonin and roll it over to the next day

start over, do it again

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Aesop Poprock posted:

Quit talkin bout my rear end in a top hat!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Quit talkin bout my rear end in a top hat!
:stare:
tell your madame you need a day off

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I haven't had a hot pocket since the last time my brother gave me the ol' spicy keychain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
oh my baby left me
stuck a hot pocket in the microwave
oh yeah my baby left me, oh