Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
It’s decent, same old cod in my opinion. the maps are very bad from what little I’ve played though, hopefully the release lineup is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

idk if im getting this on xbox or pc yet.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

extremebuff posted:

idk if im getting this on xbox or pc yet.

Well, let us know when you decide.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Well, let us know when you decide.

quote:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is coming to console and PC on Oct. 25, but players will get an early look at the game's multiplayer suite in September, thanks to a series of beta tests. ... A second beta test period will start on Sept. 19, when developer Infinity Ward will test crossplay across PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

lol i just had to check to be sure and omg thats sick. it doesnt even matter then ftmfw

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh boy. Black ops 2 let you use the auto aim on PC if you had a controller plugged in. Cant wait for more of that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Larry Parrish posted:

Oh boy. Black ops 2 let you use the auto aim on PC if you had a controller plugged in. Cant wait for more of that

I think it works like Fortnite where you're queued by controller type. So if you plug in a controller you'll get auto aim but only get matched against other people with the same. If you're in a party with a friend and they're on mouse and keyboard and you're on controller, you'll be restricted to KB&M lobbies and won't get auto-aim

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

I think it works like Fortnite where you're queued by controller type. So if you plug in a controller you'll get auto aim but only get matched against other people with the same. If you're in a party with a friend and they're on mouse and keyboard and you're on controller, you'll be restricted to KB&M lobbies and won't get auto-aim

more games should be inspired by fortnite imho

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

more games should be inspired by fortnite imho

this game has battlepasses too.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

That would be nice because once everyone figured out the trick in blops 2 it rapidly become very unfun to play. It's like if valve just straight up let you turn wall hacks on in counter strike

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

i can't wait to fly my a10 warthog to your front door and blow you away with tha GAU-8 Avenger TM autocannon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

crossplay is kewl, maybe Ill get this rear end on PC. is the beta gonna be open or do i need to send activision my email and personal information first.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m really enjoying the beta, the weapons look, feel, and sound great and I like the desert village/compound map a lot. I like the cool but pointless stuff like being able to set a preferred faction and the little cutscene of your team riding into battle at the start of each match too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

been watching streams of beta gameplay at work and it looks sick, like a good balance of old and new.

the ttk isnt as low as original MW but it isnt as annoying as blops4 where people take 6 headshots and then run around the corner with full hp again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

open beta for pc and xbox this friday night. hype

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

open beta for pc and xbox this friday night. hype

saturday to monday is open beta. the first 2 days (thurs & fri) are for preorders

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Preorder on amazon, they won’t charge you and will email you a code, then cancel. Powerful.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
it took amazon like 24 hrs to get me my code btw

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Thinking about leaving work early for the beta..

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
having overkill w/ a backup pump shotty is so much fun. fuckin love that shotgun

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Watching Rambo tonight to get ready for the weekend

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
im up to level 15ish and my verdict so far is that it fuckin rules. really come around to like all 3 of the maps theyve shown, the animations are insanely good across the board, and theres no single thing that’s pissing me off which is like unthinkable after the last 5 cods

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
also just having a way better time now that i know the “always be doing overkill+shotty on every class” trick

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope we get our first leftist Cod

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

ok this game is sweet

streamin gameplay rn

heehee fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 20, 2019

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

heeheex2 posted:

ok this game is sweet

streamin gameplay rn
Catching the VOD of this now and so far you've died about 14 times and I don't think I've seen you get a single kill yet. Maybe stick to Glover bro?

lmao jk dude drop a link next time though we're all friends here.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

net cafe scandal posted:

I hope we get our first leftist Cod

lol

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
guys this is the first cod im going to play in a long time does anyone know a good wiki so i understand the story??

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

American McGay posted:

Catching the VOD of this now and so far you've died about 14 times and I don't think I've seen you get a single kill yet. Maybe stick to Glover bro?

lmao jk dude drop a link next time though we're all friends here.

it's the guns dude, and i wasn't even trying. i went 50-2 right before streaming but whatever

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

cool man. i went 51-2 personally, but you did pretty good too

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

people started glitching and getting stretched out and poo poo after i played for a while, was pretty awesome.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the big double barreled hunting shotgun from the beta can apparently eventually become this?? insanely cool

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
net cafe scandal, imp zone advisory, there is NO mac 10 in the game. you can probably do cool stuff to the uzi, but its too bad, i wanted to see the bonkers irl poo poo in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2LGdcSU_UM

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hm... this is troubling. A large component of the modern warfare this game purports to be based on is blasting enemies with the unthinkable rate of fire of dual Mac 10s in the scenario of executing a flanking maneuver. In fact I think it would sound like this: Gkaakkhakhhkhkhgagkha Take that mo-fuckas!! So it’s sad and stretches credence that we can’t do that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I will be purchasing the game neverst the while. I just hope they explore urban combat scenarios in the DLC as I’ve been doing research on the subject and would like to put some of my ideas into practice.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m really hyped for the enormous battlefield mode. It’s going to be so badass, especially with the cool new sounds and animations

My only complaint so far is that it really likes spawning you right next to people on the other team. Once I spawned in and a bad guy ran right in front of me immediately, before I could even take a step. I got him though so it worked out :blastu:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’m really hyped for the enormous battlefield mode. It’s going to be so badass, especially with the cool new sounds and animations

My only complaint so far is that it really likes spawning you right next to people on the other team. Once I spawned in and a bad guy ran right in front of me immediately, before I could even take a step. I got him though so it worked out :blastu:

this is classic launch cod and they usually work it out lol spawning in a game like this is complicated

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

the big double barreled hunting shotgun from the beta can apparently eventually become this?? insanely cool

update: you get the parts for this at launch if you reach level 10 in the beta

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Forgot to resume my download last night so I won't be able to play until after work tonight :rant:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

If you had an xbox one you could do it through your phone. Plus you get to play in 4K 60FPS, with no lag. drat, xbox stays winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

download finished faster than I thought and I got to play for an hour. It was really fun 🤪 here my dumb rear end goes again