Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

File 06 is somehow simultaneously the best and worst File. The boss reveal for KYLE is the funniest thing I think I’ve ever seen in a video game, and it has the most interesting plot development. But getting S+ on the first Stealth section pretty much requires you to skip all the boxes and red matter (unless I did something wrong the first time?) and there are a bunch of blue cases that disappear once you solve the investigation case so now I have to repeat that section again to get those, since I missed them the first time!! At least I got S+ already so I don’t have to care as much this time.

Game’s good though so I don’t mind playing it more. I am not sure if I like it enough to get the achievement for getting S+ on everything on both standard and hard. How much harder is the hard difficulty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Serious question: does the game ever actually explain what Jena Anderson’s plan was? She keeps saying she is trying to save humanity but they never explain how? The world-building in the game is very good but the actual plot is full of holes.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
On the most immediate level, she knew about Yoseph's past crimes and future plans, so killing him would be step one in saving humanity in her book.

Beyond that, her homunculi basically digest chimeras and leave (relatively) normal reality behind. Her plan was to raise a bunch of them in the Astral Plane and then use them to purge earth of chimeras and corruption. It's not the most well-formed or safe plan, but it lets humankind survive the chimeras without losing their humanity, which is her ideal result.

Unfortunately not much of this is made very explicit. It can be pieced together from NPC dialogue and database entries. The artbook that came with the special edition goes into more detail about her backstory that didn't make it into the game, too.

Edit: Meiteron sums it all up pretty well on page 11: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897457&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post498375171

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 31, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I suspected a lot of that but most of it wasn’t explicitly said in game. The part about the Astral Plane appearing and wiping out earth twice before was in the data files that Jena gives you at the end of File 05. Ultimately the plot makes sense but expects the player to connect a lot of dots which I think is a mistake. The world-building is definitely the best part.

Anyway I have S+ on files 01-09 now, I’m close to being done so I can move on to the post-game fights. I hope they make a sequel!!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just wanna add that whoever gave the chimera at the end of the motorcycle section of File 09 a nearly unavoidable laser attack is an rear end in a top hat! Getting S+ on this mission is bullshit!!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/kotexfitts/status/1378433102687596549?s=21

I’m gonna do the optional fights in ch 12 next to finish all the orders I can while filling out my enemy list. I’m not sure if I will play through again on PT Ultimate, the game is difficult but fair enough that it’s the first Platinum game I’ve been able to master, I don’t want to make it too difficult.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I never actually finished this game, but I would heartily recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
This is one of the few games that I own that is just so replayable. It’s so easy to pick up and play at any time, even if you’ve already beaten the game.