Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but while I appreciate the storytelling highlights of Cataclysm, I honestly found the ship designs totally butt-ugly.

And like, I get the whole "it's a bunch of civilian utility ships that have been gunned up into combat duty" thing... but I still think they look butt-ugly.

Almost all of the Somtaaw ships also have an arrangement of markings or lights that looks like some kind of face on the front. The most noticeable is the Prospector, which looks exactly like the voice sounds like.

Edit: Note, I consider this a counter to the idea that the ships are ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

SlothfulCobra posted:

My favorite ship voice lines were in Cataclysm, where every ship had its own characterization and personality. Recons were cocky and cheery, the processor was grizzled and old, hive frigates were eerily emotionless, destroyers were aggressive, mimics were creepy and unhinged, and all of them will scream out horribly when the Beast gets them.

It's not the same as the more sterile chatter in the original game that blends in with the tech noises in the soundtrack, but I liked it.

"Processor here, eeehh-hhh, can you speak up!?"