Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Your google searches must be pretty elaborate

""mass shooting" "white" "alt-right" -gangs -chicago -pistols -statistics -organized -crime -cartels
yours must be pretty easy, though

"BLACK CRIME" "MEXICAN RAPISTS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I would like to shield myself with impenetrable pro-gun logic

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

I get the outrage but banning guns will make this happen every day until the cops give up and we go full right wing dystopia

As opposed to our current totally not full right-wing dystopia where police on motorcycles ran over LGBT protestors without warning in order to protect Nazis.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Who What Now posted:

As opposed to our current totally not full right-wing dystopia where police on motorcycles ran over LGBT protestors without warning in order to protect Nazis.

you enjoy telling lies dont you

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Who What Now posted:

and these are the people you want to confiscate the guns?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
All this bad news lately is making me pretty afraid. I'm going to buy a gun so I feel safer, because then I would shoot anyone with a gun.

edit: I would only shoot a bad guy with a gun if that wasnt clear

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

and these are the people you want to confiscate the guns?

Ive made my feelings on what I want the police to do very clear already.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Who What Now posted:

Look at this guy, trusting the police.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Who What Now posted:

I don't think they are gonna grab the guns, friend

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
the dude looks like ishmael from kingpin

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
If someone tried to take the gun that I'm going to buy then I would buy another gun

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Haverchuck posted:

the dude looks like ishmael from kingpin

lol

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Pontificating rear end posted:

If someone tried to take the gun that I'm going to buy then I would buy another gun

Thank you for your commitment to stimulating the economy.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

VikingSkull posted:

I get the outrage but banning guns will make this happen every day until the cops give up and we go full right wing dystopia

also the piece of poo poo that did this failed a background check and got a gun anyway

Guns are fairly plentiful everywhere, and even in the People's Republic of California you can 3D print the hard-to-buy parts of an AR-15 and just buy the rest with few restrictions. You can't buy a magazine over 10 rounds in California, but you can 3D print one in a few hours. From what it looks like, the mags hold up for about 200 rounds, and the printed lower receivers are lasting even longer.

According to the LA times, about 30% of the guns confiscated now are "ghost guns" that have critical parts made either via 3D printing or a machine shop.

However, that doesn't mean that you can't ban them or make their use more heavily penalized. The idea is to enact harsher punishments for those who possess these things no matter how they came about.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

VikingSkull posted:

also the piece of poo poo that did this failed a background check and got a gun anyway

Who said ban guns? My outrage is at the fact that they don't even have the wherewithal to ban this ONE loving GUN. That's how insanely overprotective they are of this poo poo.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Pontificating rear end posted:

If you cut an assault rifle in half you now have two assault rifles. They reproduce like earthworms.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Who said ban guns? My outrage is at the fact that they don't even have the wherewithal to ban this ONE loving GUN. That's how insanely overprotective they are of this poo poo.

It would be a good start to ban that one gun. However, there are otherwise normal-looking guns that have similar calibers and fire rates that would be just as effective in a mass shooting as an AR-15.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Tallgeese posted:

So, how did that whole Mueller thing you were rooting for work out for you?

In your opinion, did the president commit a crime that he can be arrested for once he leaves office?

Mueller: Yes.

Hth

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Your google searches must be pretty elaborate

""mass shooting" "white" "alt-right" -gangs -chicago -pistols -statistics -organized -crime -cartels

When gang members from Chicago start shooting random toddlers in random movie theaters/shopping malls we'll add those too, hth

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

When gang members from Chicago start shooting random toddlers in random movie theaters/shopping malls we'll add those too, hth

yeah as long as they only do that in their neighborhoods instead of yours you can keep pretending it doesn't happen

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Lol, as long as it's only brown people, right?

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Lol, as long as it's only brown people, right?

The current topic and thread is about people randomly going about their day being shot in broad day light in mass numbers including toddlers and kids trying to learn fractions, not gang members killing each other. Try to keep up you willfully obtuse dickhead

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

In your opinion, did the president commit a crime that he can be arrested for once he leaves office?

Hth

In your opinion, does Iraq have WMDs?

Hth

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

The current topic and thread is about people randomly going about their day being shot in broad day light in mass numbers including toddlers and kids trying to learn fractions, not gang members killing each other. Try to keep up you willfully obtuse dickhead

you do understand that when two opposing gangs start shooting at each other and miss, other people get hit by those bullets

it doesn't happen in the OK Corral, free of bystanders

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

drat, how did you gently caress this up so badly

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
https://www.npr.org/2019/08/31/756286318/shooting-at-high-school-football-game-injures-multiple-teens-in-mobile-alabama

not an innocent involved, according to WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Holy poo poo dude, this happens all the time in cities. Have you ever set foot on a sidewalk? You only give a poo poo now because you're either suddenly threatened or you were completely oblivious to the trials that normal people go through in places like Baltimore or Chicago.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
also preemptive, yes, ban all handguns, there are better options to comply with the intentions of the 2nd Amendment than easily concealable firearms

frh
Dec 6, 2014

No poo poo it happens and it's horrible

But the thread is about mentally unhinged lunatics shooting people at random and it's not about someone accidentally shot in a drive by you right wing retards, they are completely separate terrible incidents. The solutions to solving them are completely different as a result.

Post another thread about stray bullets if you want to, Jesus gently caress you chuds are predictable

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

But the thread is about mentally unhinged lunatics shooting people at random and it's not about someone accidentally shot in a drive by you right wing retards, they are completely separate terrible incidents. The solutions to solving them are completely different as a result.

Post another thread about stray bullets if you want to, Jesus gently caress you chuds are predictable

do you think there has been a mass shooting nearly every day in the US, and if so, where do you think they mostly occur

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

It's kind of weird you want to ignore like 95% of all gun crime but pretend that gun crime is what has you so completely outraged and upset.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Wait this isnt the "hills you are willing to die on" thread

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Fortunately, the shootings have some overlapping causes. There are too many guns and gun manufacturers are complicit in their "technically legal" and illegal sale both domestically and abroad. A meaningful and lasting reduction in gun violence will only be possible by reducing access to guns.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

But the thread is about mentally unhinged lunatics shooting people at random and it's not about someone accidentally shot in a drive by you right wing retards, they are completely separate terrible incidents

Don't call me a chud just because I'm tired of your selfish talking points. I can't stand you people erasing the horrible poo poo that goes on where I live, like it's just bad luck that deserves to be inflicted on the subhumans that live in rowhomes. You only give a gently caress about the recent events that happen at bullshit festivals and malls because those people don't "deserve" it like the ones that get hit in drive-bys. Suddenly guns became horrible overnight when the Ma Belle's bi-annual pumpkin fest got hit and the hopelessly online felt a little threatened. Hate to shock you, but it's been a reality for a long time. If these events didn't happen but 50 people got murdered in Bmore Inner Harbor you wouldn't even blink let alone have a thought.

Welcome to America, bitch.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
You can't restrict guns because of the 2nd amendment of which I am willing to die for and let others die for because I need to protect my family and I like to go shooting every once in a while (or at least I will after buying my gun)

bhangraton
Aug 20, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Fortunately, the shootings have some overlapping causes. There are too many guns and gun manufacturers are complicit in their "technically legal" and illegal sale both domestically and abroad. A meaningful and lasting reduction in gun violence will only be possible by reducing access to guns.

A majority of firearms used in crime in Chicago and many other cities in states with strong gun control laws, can be reliably traced back to FFLs in states with weak gun control laws, based on years of ATF research, so yea

frh
Dec 6, 2014

"there's nnno way we could h-have prevented this" - brain genius magachuds

Odessa shooter's neighbor says he once threatened her with a rifle

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Don't call me a chud just because I'm tired of your selfish talking points. I can't stand you people erasing the horrible poo poo that goes on where I live, like it's just bad luck that deserves to be inflicted on the subhumans that live in rowhomes. You only give a gently caress about the recent events that happen at bullshit festivals and malls because those people don't "deserve" it like the ones that get hit in drive-bys. Suddenly guns became horrible overnight when the Ma Belle's bi-annual pumpkin fest got hit and the hopelessly online felt a little threatened. Hate to shock you, but it's been a reality for a long time. If these events didn't happen but 50 people got murdered in Bmore Inner Harbor you wouldn't even blink let alone have a thought.

Welcome to America, bitch.

I don't live in America so you're lucky I even give a gently caress. The worst we have here are stabbings.

Yes people killed in random drive-bys by accident is terrible. This current topic is about dozens of people being gunned down at a Piggly Wiggly though. Two separate issues, two completely different causes, two completely different solutions. gently caress off.

frh fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 2, 2019

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The gun control debate reminds me of how slaveowners kept having to talk up about how slaves didn't count as people to avoid having to come to grips with their inhumanity to other humans. Because money.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The gun control debate reminds me of how we'd all be better off dead anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"there's nnno way we could h-have prevented this" - brain genius magachuds

Odessa shooter's neighbor says he once threatened her with a rifle

I don't live in America so you're lucky I even give a gently caress. The worst we have here are stabbings.

Yes people killed in random drive-bys by accident is terrible. This current topic is about dozens of people being gunned down at a Piggly Wiggly though. Two separate issues, two completely different causes, two completely different solutions. gently caress off.

do you live in england