Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bowsette?
This poll is closed.
Yes 70 39.11%
no 28 15.64%
maybe? 15 8.38%
Yes I'm phoning this one in. 66 36.87%
Total: 179 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Kurtofan posted:

loving furi is so hard :(

got to that sniper boss final phase and lost i want to throw the controller

She’s the hardest boss because they’re just trying to make sure you appreciate the best music in the game

god drat I love me some Furi I think I’m going to replay it right after I wrap up links awakening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Convex posted:

I am taking a break from the internet for October but am planning to play through Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD as I've never finished it, and also Dead Space 2 again as I loved it back in 2011 or whenever and never played the DLC. See you all in November!

if the UK doesn't vote to sink itself into the ocean before then

Dead space 2 was so good. Maybe I'll replay it now that I own it on PC. It really nailed that arc of "terrified -> unbelievable badass" so well.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Awesome Animals posted:

Does Gamer Tale mean you muttered a gamer word?

You know, when you and your buds are hanging around the camp fire drinking some crafties and you start sharing gamer tales. Clutch saves, sick no-scopes, dope counter-picks. Those intense moments where you thought you were gonna lose a guy but you didn’t. Gamer tales.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Gamer Tale:

I logged into Runescape since it worked on the school computers, and a player in red pants and a yellow shirt called me a slur because I told him he looked like a hot dog stand.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Spooktober Chat Thread: Thinkin' bout that Goose

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alphys is like the best character in Undertake, especially considering the game also gives you the worst character papyrus.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'll allow it but i don't agree with it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The psyncing device in AI looks just like the Encephalon Dive equipment featured in Xenosaga Episode II. drat gaming is awesome.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Infinitum posted:

Spooktober Chat Thread: Thinkin' bout that Goose

I love this

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hmm i just got solicited to donate some money to bernie's campaign and it's been a while since i donated so i clicked through but then i realized i used an old debit card's information that was pre entered and also it turns out the reason i was on the mailing list was in the name of a couple of friend's wedding registry that are big elizabeth warren fans so this probably won't end well

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also i'm suur toell now

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Are You Afraid of the Goose

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

WAIT

wait hold on

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Spooktober Game Chat Thread: Goosebumps

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The 7th Guest posted:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The 7th Guest posted:

:yeah:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

october games chat thread: the suSCREAM court ga hahahahahah !!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
For anyone looking for a spooky game:

Yomawari: Night Alone and Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (available together on Steam and Switch as Yomawari: Long Night Collection) is an A+++ spook game.

Night Alone is an exploration game with fairly minimal plot, just stealthing around a town at night exploring things. Midnight Shadows has more of a plot focus, for better or for worse, but I think the plot twist at the end of the game is one of the best I've seen in a game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

is this a game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It is interactive fiction, yes

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
that's called jelly stine you loving dumb rear end idiot piece of garbage

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It is interactive fiction, yes
you can't even type the gently caress word into it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That just reminds me of when it was a big fad to get peanut butter and jelly swirled in the same jar and I'm like, why

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm gonna find all the give yourself goosebumps books and do a LP where people vote on the choices

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

btw this was an incredibly goo(se)d month, the spell was a success

homeless snail posted:

:toxx: ban me if this isn't an incredibly good and sick month, do it VG you coward

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

i'm gonna find all the give yourself goosebumps books and do a LP where people vote on the choices

Turn to page 69

May 8, 2006

hold on i'm on the phone now trying to get ahold of rl stine and find out which of the over 20 different scary endings is canon

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Give Yourself Goosebumbs is the name of my new ASMR channel

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

hold on i'm on the phone now trying to get ahold of rl stine and find out which of the over 20 different scary endings is canon
the canon ending is whichever one gets picked in the LP, after which I will destroy the book forever

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/cecianasta/status/1178761705817554951

So this corroborates Troy Baker's account, I guess the other SAG-AFTRA actors decided to work non-union for this :(

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can't believe none of my local libraries have the complete set of this 20 year old choose your own adventure book series

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

homeless snail posted:

is this a game

May 8, 2006

homeless snail posted:

the canon ending is whichever one gets picked in the LP, after which I will destroy the book forever

no he said it is actually the one on page 69, but hung up before i could say nice

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

all of r.l. stein's books go from page 68 to 70 because he's a master of chills and thrills not godlessness and sin

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Civ V with the Brave New World expansion pack is one of the greatest games ever made, and if you only play one, it should be that one.

Disregard Ice T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSneVFMP1CE

:lol:

The 7th Guest posted:

:allears:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sakurazuka posted:

The Lynch ones would drown the others by sheer volume

I dunno, if you count every cosmic horror/vaguely cthulhuy game as a point in Lovecraft's column there are a hell of a lot of those. I can't actually think of that many Lynch games that aren't Deadly Premonition or Alan Wake.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oddium posted:

all of r.l. stein's books go from page 68 to 70 because he's a master of chills and thrills not godlessness and sin
nah rl stein is a nasty fucker, he wrote a book about old women feeding magical prunes to young boys that turn them old enough for them to legally kiss

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

Who would win in a fight? All games influenced by Lynch vs all games influenced by King vs all games influenced by Lovecraft?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

homeless snail posted:

nah rl stein is a nasty fucker, he wrote a book about old women feeding magical prunes to young boys that turn them old enough for them to legally kiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do you think Vince McMahon knows about Vince face gifs