Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bowsette?
This poll is closed.
Yes 70 39.11%
no 28 15.64%
maybe? 15 8.38%
Yes I'm phoning this one in. 66 36.87%
Total: 179 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Reene posted:

Ahh gently caress I missed the XIV wedding!! I've always wanted to go to one.

Also uhhh hi friends I'm a moderator here now too. you probably won't see me too much though.

*banging fork and knife on table*

Mod! Posts! Mod! Posts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Please explain to me the mechanics behind wedding sales and how weddings work in Final Fantasy since I thought this was a self-organised thing

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Catherine Full Body is gonna produce a real shitstorm when it hits shelves on Tuesday.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Songbearer posted:

Please explain to me the mechanics behind wedding sales and how weddings work in Final Fantasy since I thought this was a self-organised thing
nope it's fully a system in the game. there's a big church in the game that you can only use if you book an appointment in advance, which you can only do if you buy a pair of rings from the cash shop. iirc there's a big quest chain involved also that only couples can ever see. then as part of that process you also plan out the ceremony, decorations, music cues etc, which plays out as a bunch of cutscenes featuring you and your invited guests. afterwards you keep the rings and it's a free teleport to wherever your spouse is

I say "buy" but one of the options in the cash shop is free. you just have fewer options for planning and you get less swag at the end. if you pay you get a big two person chocobo and the Good wedding dress

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I want to do a "har har nerd poo poo" post but I think that's unironically loving adorable and I love it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Reene posted:

Ahh gently caress I missed the XIV wedding!! I've always wanted to go to one.

Also uhhh hi friends I'm a moderator here now too. you probably won't see me too much though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Second Simpsons reference spotted. There must be many more around

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
XIV's reference game is super on point.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Games I am looking forward to:
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
River City Girls
Caravan Stories
Blasphemous
Gears 5
GreedFall
Daemon X Machina
Untitled Goose Game
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered
The Surge 2
Code Vein
Everreach: Project Eden

al-azad
May 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I can't believe you'd just come right out and say that... I'm afraid were gonna have to cancel you

Eh, Netflix will pick me up.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Songbearer posted:

I want to do a "har har nerd poo poo" post but I think that's unironically loving adorable and I love it
yeah I think it's cute, and they're fun ceremonies for the guests too so people are happy to go to them. idk how many weddings are actual couples vs people that just want the chocobo/wedding dress and just get married to the first person they see (which is why I'm ff14 married)

you do hear horror stories sometimes though, where some group uses their entire two hour slot to RP having a giant orgy in the church lmao

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Thoom posted:

XIV's reference game is super on point.

Is there a dress that appears blue and black in some people's games but white and gold for others?

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Please rate my FFXIV character's outfit:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the emperor's new everything

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Reene posted:

that's a shame, as that av is fantastic

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm glad we have a new thread, good work everyone. I'm bummed that i can't reply to verranicus saying "gently caress you" with a good old fashioned "turn your monitor on" though

i got to play the alien vs predator and sailor moon beat em ups, pop'n music, and bishi bashi channel at san japan. they also had taiko drum master but the wait was way too long and full of drummer dudes playing with their drumsticks in line. highlight was a bratty kid going around telling everyone how to play whatever game they were playing and getting mad every time my friend beat him in bishi bashi. i got some cute pokemon pins and kirby blind boxes, I'll post pics tomorrow

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

on the subject of music games i've been trying a few, i don't really care for screen-tapping. the one that was 89 cents on switch is probably the one i like most because it uses buttons and has a beatmania-style game structure, but the asymmetrical sticks cause some issues

cytus II and voez... they're tappy rhythm games and i'm just not into them. gimme button input

i also had been thinking about rollercoaster tycoon and wondering why anyone would buy classic when the actual original games are on steam.. but then I learned classic is on the kindle fire, so i used some saved up amazon coins and got it there, and it's of course way better than all the free to play RCT garbage games on mobile because it's actually based on the original games and visuals and no F2P bullshit

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

exquisite tea posted:

Have sex with actual people, goons.

actual people dressed up as my waifus maybe

i play fair i'll dress up as their husbando or their waifu too sure

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So, what are video games?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Jay Rust posted:

What AREN'T video games

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

video games.png

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

oh I can help you with that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

thats a sick tailspin cover

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I'm kinda interested in playing the Total War games, but I feel like I can't grasp the basics of what I'm supposed to do, and there are just too many of them out there. I have a bunch on my Steam account via various Humble Bundles, but I don't want to burn through my download cap in one go installing them all at once or whatever. Anybody familiar with the series have a recommendation for a newbie?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I love "real fun shooting games" where some of the 4 weapons are useless

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mercury Crusader posted:

I'm kinda interested in playing the Total War games, but I feel like I can't grasp the basics of what I'm supposed to do, and there are just too many of them out there. I have a bunch on my Steam account via various Humble Bundles, but I don't want to burn through my download cap in one go installing them all at once or whatever. Anybody familiar with the series have a recommendation for a newbie?

Shogun 2 has the simplest roster and the best map.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mercury Crusader posted:

Going blind I would pick Medieval 2, since historical swords and shields is probably the most fun from a spectacle standpoint. I think Napoleon might be the most approachable, however. Then again, you could always wait for Total Warhammer 3 and play whatever nightmare mega-merge campaign across all 3 Total Warhammer games they have going.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Go by which has the soundtrack that speaks the most to you imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YemA9nE0CEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIo2upVC8Mg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCEI0-Yrp1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyVG6-UC7Ww
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKz0WHQaaJE

Edit: man there have been a lot of wars in history, huh

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's looking like I made the right call to not care about NitW holy poo poo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

It's looking like I made the right call to not care about NitW holy poo poo

it’s an excellent game and one of the very few to accurately capture our current dismal zeitgeist

which makes its current circumstances even more apropos, in a way

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Playing through it I felt like it was specifically aimed at people who lived in or around western PA so they'd know exactly what the NitW town is. idk if you get the same thing if you live in california or texas or w/e

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
nitw is about existential desolation and the collapse of the social contract, which appeals just fine regardless of location

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grapplejack posted:

Playing through it I felt like it was specifically aimed at people who lived in or around western PA so they'd know exactly what the NitW town is. idk if you get the same thing if you live in california or texas or w/e

Lol I grew up two hours north of Pittsburgh, doubly lucked out I guess, place sucks

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mercury Crusader posted:

Yeah I'd second Shogun 2 as a good starting point. I feel like Medieval 2 might just be a bit too dated at this point that the UI will feel weird and awkward, while Shogun 2 still feels pretty "modern" since they haven't really radically altered the presentation since then. It is also the simplest in terms of understanding the roster and the various roles that each unit will have - the Warhammer games are much more modern, but also have much more complex faction rosters so it can be a bit tough to jump into if you're really new to TW games. Once you have the basics though they're pretty easy to jump into since the strategic layer is very straightforward. Stuff like Rome 2 or Attila are way more complicated. 3K is fairly approachable too, it's definitely simpler than Attila/Rome 2, but it's also really new so I'm assuming you probably haven't gotten it through a humble bundle since I don't know if it's even been in one yet.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

nitw is a very midwest/rust-belt targeted game, it's basically "former manufacturing city that fell on hard times during the recession": the videogame

you can definitely still enjoy it without that life experience, but the specificity of the setting may not really hit home as well

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Grapplejack posted:

growing up in the poor rear end part of hawaii i basically had "negative context" for nitw

like its whole premise is a criticism on decaying small american towns but guess where the hawaiian diaspora of my generation loves to move to, because they're cheap to live in and the opportunities are a hundredfold what you find in hawaii

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

go steelers smelters

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Untitled Goose Game (2019)

Is the goose allowed to officiate without a title?