Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the first women's champion?
This poll is closed.
Riho 89 51.15%
Nyla 70 40.23%
Someone else 15 8.62%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Close this tab and open the gdt one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

re open the tab. Goodnight and happy birthday

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Can not wait to learn what this stable is named so I can base my entire identity around it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

What post are you on in the Best Match thread?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the thread masters should do a new aew one

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So many possible feuds now. Sammy vs Cody, Santana/Ortiz vs Bucks and Hagar vs Big Dust, Cody vs Jericho..

I'm happy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That was really good. I think for me personally NJPW is still exactly what I want in wrestling but I feel like WWE really is in trouble. That entire show felt like someone said "Let's just make RAW but good"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I thought the crowd were chanting "The Unequals" as their group name when they were doing We The People and got confused at when they announced their name.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gumball Gumption posted:

That was really good. I think for me personally NJPW is still exactly what I want in wrestling but I feel like WWE really is in trouble. That entire show felt like someone said "Let's just make RAW but good"

this legit felt like a nitro. a good one.

wcw until the austin boom was my favorite wrestling tv ever

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
AEW has guaranteed endless domination with the acquisition of Jack Swagger

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Felt real good to watch America's #1 wrestling company tonight :)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I have always been a Swagger mark and one day Swagger will be AEW champion and yes I know his name isn't Jack Swagger but he is still JAck Swagger in my heart

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

i'm so loving happy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
loving wild that it's 2019 Jack Swagger just made a shocking return in the main event of a national broadcast federation.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chris James 2 posted:

i'm so loving happy

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That was real good, they still have some kinks to work out but I am deeply excited for more of this.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jack Swagger first Dynamite > Lex Luger first Nitro

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

chris jericho is the future and jack swagger is the distant future, when he is 48-52

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I thought Riho ended up looking like she hit with every pound she had on her. She looked way better than I thought she would against someone so much bigger than her. I think she is going to be a great champ.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Show was loving great, I might watch it again on the west coast feed from my DVR.

My east coast feed froze right as kenny was loading up to jump out of the ring and I did my best to figure out how to get it back without going live and thank christ I fixed it seconds before Moxley popped in :rock:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i really like how the show is produced, there were two dodgy skits and one of the matches was a bit of a nothing but we got three really good ones and things kept moving forward. very watchable and only two hours a week. i rate the show: good

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
There were a few issues to work out but other than that it was a really good first show. Riho came out of this looking like an absolute star. Like, "could carry a company" level star

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
I liked it.

I'll keep watching it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont get michael nakazawa so nyla beating the poo poo out of him was good.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

yo someone gif the avalanche northern lights

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
appropos of nothing but aew was legit trending here in chile without official broadcasting

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

WRESTLING'S BACK

IT'S BACK

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I really enjoyed the show but the main fell flat for me. The match should have been over when Moxley attacked. Also, as soon as they said Swagger was undefeated in Bellator, all I could think was that he was AEW’s Bobby Lashley.

The only other problems I had with the show was that the Page/PAC match was just meh and I do not know why Private Party was forced to leave. GIVE ME MORE PP!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW won the war baby, let's celebrate

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=177