Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the first women's champion?
This poll is closed.
Riho 89 51.15%
Nyla 70 40.23%
Someone else 15 8.62%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Serious question, am I the only one who would be extremely disappointed if Mox isn't either the second or third AEW champ? I really loving hope they don't do that thing where they decide he "doesn't need the belt" and/or relegate him to the upper midcard.

Third because I don't want a Jericho vs Mox feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

WWE mole spotted

that is very hurtful

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alex Marvez shouldnt be allowed on tv anymore.
The womens division is really bad so far.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Tell them to put the replay up

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Great PPV. Really, really dug the Bucks match. Only thing is I wish Shida had won.

Also the battle royale maybe could have used more time? I feel like I barely got a chance to sort out who was who with the stream acting up a little and then they're just gone way too fast.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Serious question, am I the only one who would be extremely disappointed if Mox isn't either the second or third AEW champ?
I mean no, you wouldn't be the only one, but personally I want him to have the matches he wants to have.

If he wants the belt, I want that. Because then those matches will be amazing. If he wants a match with... Minoru Suzuki in a haunted quarry illuminated by a tire fire where the only thing on the line is how much violence they can squeeze into the time limit, then I want that instead. Mox like many wrestlers deserves to do his best work and enjoy it, and be recognized for it. However he wants.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Jericho is the right first champion. He is going to be able to go on media and talk the company up. He is also a known name and brings a history to the title.

Long term money is in Page, but he needs to be built in the right way. He just had what is honestly the best actual wrestling match Jericho has had in years. His NJPW stuff has all been weapons and smoke and mirrors. He can have another banger with PAC and go over there. I think there is a great match with Moxley as well in the future.

While Moxley is white hot right now, he doesn't need a title or even be in the picture. Honestly same with Kenny and Cody. Really, I wouldn't build the company around any of them since they are all in their mid 30s. Yes, you might get 3-6 good years out of them but then what? You theoretically have a Stone Cold situation where you got basically 5 good years out of the guy before he was done. What you want is a Cena, Tanahashi or a Okada, a guy in his 20s that you get a decade plus out of. Hangman is one of those guys, the only others out there right now are Ospreay and theoretically RUSH and Jacob Fatu.

Now I think Joey Janela can be a massive star as well, with Darby being less so. MJF is going to be the best heel of his generation. They got a great core right now, it will just take time.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Chris Jericho is the goat (but page should have won)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:negative:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1168022045655019520

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That was such a fun show. Haven't had that much fun watching a wrestling show with my buds in a long time. No stupid finishes, no results that made me angry or took the wind out of my sales.

Holy poo poo that ladder match.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Hikaru Shida is a drat star btw. Love her look.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fart blood posted:

But seriously what happened to Kylie Rae and why is everyone so vague about her?

https://twitter.com/MikeKillam/status/1168021229132902400

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

That’s really unfortunate. I wonder what happened.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

gently caress that Mike you need to reveal your sources, don't be loving coy with scoops

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fart blood posted:

Medical issue, apparently. Super sad.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If they don't gently caress up Cassidy he's going to turn into a superstar the way the ringmaster turned into the rattlesnake, mark my loving words.

he's perfect for my generation, apathetic, stylish, can go like a motherfucker when he needs to, and just has that wild creativity like Austin did in ECW.

Mainstream his gimmick a little, give him a reason to be passionate and have it make sense, and you will make a superstar out of him.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

fart blood posted:

It will come out some time this week I am 100% sure. Too many people are in town this weekend that I am sure have found out.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Just want to say that PAC/Omega was the exact type of match I watch wrestling for. Usually even in good matches the middle of a match can really drag but before I knew it, they were at the 20 minute mark.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

If they don't gently caress up Cassidy he's going to turn into a superstar the way the ringmaster turned into the rattlesnake, mark my loving words.

he's perfect for my generation, apathetic, stylish, can go like a motherfucker when he needs to, and just has that wild creativity like Austin did in ECW.

Mainstream his gimmick a little, give him a reason to be passionate and have it make sense, and you will make a superstar out of him.

Him being pushed into giving a poo poo in a blood feud will get as big a pop as when mankind transformed into cactus jack.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

fart blood posted:

Hikaru Shida is a drat star btw. Love her look.

First thing I thought of her when I saw her, is she Looks like a Dynasty Warriors character(Wu side). Its a cool look.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

First thing I thought of her when I saw her, is she Looks like a Dynasty Warriors character(Wu side). Its a cool look.

That’s probably her exact point of reference for the look, honestly

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

well that was a really solid show, Pac/Omega, Cody/Spears and Young Bucks/Lucha Bros stood out the most. no bad matches at all, at worst just kind of average. crowd didn't seem as hot as they were at Double or Nothing, but the whole thing just felt like it was building up and establishing AEW which is great. real sense of long term booking and storytelling going on, and i really wanna see the belt on Cody at some point cause he's a superstar. TV can't come soon enough, it'll make AEW explode if they keep up the good booking

production is still a little sloppy in some areas, but maybe that's just cause we're spoiled by WWE. keep Goldenboy as commentator - him, Excalibur and JR are perfect together.

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Sep 1, 2019

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress that bullshit about Mox not needing the title. That's not how it works. Aaaaaagh. :sigh:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SamuraiFoochs posted:

gently caress that bullshit about Mox not needing the title. That's not how it works. Aaaaaagh. :sigh:
Do you care about Mox being happy or Dean wearing a belt?

I mean dude he owns he's gonna get the belt in 2020

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

A reverse 9-11, could be good.

So, like, Marko Stunt shows up at the beginning of good matches to get chokeslammed and the crowd shits on it?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hey man it's cool no one is saying that. You're getting worried about the booking but you gotta remember this isn't WWE. AEW is gonna treat your boy right.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

Look up some videos from her own promotion (Makai), they go even further into this look and it's a weird combination of pro wrestling and acting with everybody carrying around swords and big loving halberds and everything. They've been translating their stuff into English ever since she signed with AEW.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I feel like this was the first time watching Jericho that I felt like I was watching an old man

Hes still a genius performer but it became really obvious that his body is wrecked. Hes smart enough to work around his limitations but I hope he gets out sooner rather than later or else even he is not gonna be able to get that shell working

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I feel like this was the first time watching Jericho that I felt like I was watching an old man

Hes still a genius performer but it became really obvious that his body is wrecked. Hes smart enough to work around his limitations but I hope he gets out sooner rather than later or else even he is not gonna be able to get that shell working

Jericho truly is this generation's Terry Funk down to winning a beloved underdog promotions world title. I think you're gonna see him lift up a ton of talent in AEW.

It feels really good to be optimistic about a wrestling company again in the West.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The Dark Order and Page should hang out as they all need to figure out how to get over.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Eat My Fuc posted:

i can see this happening, he's got something going and the crowd already loves him. year or two and he'll be absolutely massive

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spikegal posted:

Hey man it's cool no one is saying that. You're getting worried about the booking but you gotta remember this isn't WWE. AEW is gonna treat your boy right.

Djarum posted:

Jericho is the right first champion. He is going to be able to go on media and talk the company up. He is also a known name and brings a history to the title.

Long term money is in Page, but he needs to be built in the right way. He just had what is honestly the best actual wrestling match Jericho has had in years. His NJPW stuff has all been weapons and smoke and mirrors. He can have another banger with PAC and go over there. I think there is a great match with Moxley as well in the future.

While Moxley is white hot right now, he doesn't need a title or even be in the picture. Honestly same with Kenny and Cody. Really, I wouldn't build the company around any of them since they are all in their mid 30s.

That's the post I was responding to so yes, they did. I'm simply annoyed because people online use Vince logic without realizing they're using Vince logic while bitching about Vince logic pretty often.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
I explained to my friends who don't watch that Orange Cassidy's trigger is when someone insults Fast Five and he was immediately the best wrestler they'd ever seen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Djarum posted:

While Moxley is white hot right now, he doesn't need a title or even be in the picture. Honestly same with Kenny and Cody. Really, I wouldn't build the company around any of them since they are all in their mid 30s. Yes, you might get 3-6 good years out of them but then what? You theoretically have a Stone Cold situation where you got basically 5 good years out of the guy before he was done. What you want is a Cena, Tanahashi or a Okada, a guy in his 20s that you get a decade plus out of. Hangman is one of those guys, the only others out there right now are Ospreay and theoretically RUSH and Jacob Fatu.

Now I think Joey Janela can be a massive star as well, with Darby being less so. MJF is going to be the best heel of his generation. They got a great core right now, it will just take time.

Mid 30s is generally where wrestlers peak, what are you talking about?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I dont want Mox to be champ because there are like five or six people I want to be champ first

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Mid 30s is generally where wrestlers peak, what are you talking about?

That doesn't counter his argument though

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I dont want Mox to be champ because there are like five or six people I want to be champ first

Name them you coward

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Page, Cody, Kenny, MJF, Arn Anderson

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's the post I was responding to so yes, they did. I'm simply annoyed because people online use Vince logic without realizing they're using Vince logic while bitching about Vince logic pretty often.
The difference between AEW and Vince logic is that AEW aren't afraid to lean on Jericho's accomplishments to help give their new title credibility whereas Vince would attribute credibility to the title itself. I loved Mox before his WWE run, but a lot of his work after the Shield was peak WWE cringe. Dude needs some time to rehab (both physically and creatively) before he's slotted into a championship run, and unfortunately a fun G1 stint that literally nobody beyond hardcore fans are gonna know or care about isn't enough to do it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Working with Dustin and Greg as a third man will let him slow burn into having passion for something hopefully that will make him go for being a one note joke to being the Ace of AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The difference between WWE and AEW right now (And I love both, a lot), is that I can see a handful of folks who could be stars in a few years, the Rocks and Austins of their era, in WWE I don't see that. I see a bunch of guys just like a lot of other guys who fizzled out and hell, most of them aren't even working anymore. Even the young guys in WWE it's more a roulette of "Will this company destroy what they have, or will they be so magnetic that the company can't deny them their rightful stardom" whereas I see AEW actively building a new generation of wrestlers, without making the brand the focal point. I think Vince's biggest mistake ever was thinking that guys becoming bigger than the WWE was bad for him, instead of leaning in, giving Austin and Rock their gimmicks and not trying to control them and own their post WWE career. Look at Batista who has been more than willing to come to WWE as a movie star and give back, and think about how Rock would have similarly done that if he hadn't been strong armed and bellyached by Vince McMahon over leaving in the first place.

I don't see that mentality with the Khan's and the Elite, they want their people to succeed, it's more utilitarian, and that is going to serve them in the long run.