Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the first women's champion?
This poll is closed.
Riho 89 51.15%
Nyla 70 40.23%
Someone else 15 8.62%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Djarum posted:

You really didn't but whatever. Like I said I am not going to argue with you like I said.

And on this I think I am going to stop posting in this subform as well.

Dying on the “you shouldn’t give the belt to mox” hill is up there with the guy who banme’d himself because of gamergate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Intruder posted:

I love the poo poo out of Jericho. I don't think he should be winning a promotion's top title in 2019 if they want to be taken seriously. That's my stand. Whatever

Omega should have the belt

e: Yeah I bitched about Page not winning. That's only because he was in the match

My impression is that he's basically Sami Zayn

I would LOVE Sami to get a belt

Page is like the Baron Corbin to Sami Zayn

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Djarum posted:

You really didn't but whatever. Like I said I am not going to argue with you like I said.

Yes, I did. The belt isn't a prop. It should be the main goal of everyone, especially the top guys. It's character motivation. I specifically pointed out why this is bad with a new title and company that is being established.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Djarum posted:

The original post was about wanting to build the promotion around Moxley which I said wasn't a good idea long term instead of focusing on the younger talent like Page. All of the sudden it got turned into I don't think any one else deserves a run at the title and other wacky stuff.

They should build it around him. And Kenny. And Cody. And Page. And whoever else. Even in the heights of the Attitude Era WWE basically had multiple top guys all vying at any given time for the A #1 spot. From let's say 97-01 as a peak you could make arguments for Austin, Rock, and HHH as lynchpins, then the tier below that you had Foley, Taker, and Kane, but they were still in title programs all the time. This idea of only one ace ever in a given era is extremely rare and using that as the only model possible is idiocy. It's why WWE is in so much trouble. Like yeah you have a top guy, but in modern wrestling you need to shuffle more than that (unless you're Okada in Japan basically).

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

AEW is definitely a real promotion because people are getting in colossal donnybrooks over its booking

Congrats, Tony! You made it!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just wish AEW hadn't started off by having a former WWE/WCW star as their major champ. People like the choice? Fine

e: don't listen to neo, he's a Lions fan, he knows only pain

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The wrestlers feel the same did you not see the after party??? But when the Judas effect hits its target you can not escape defeat.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Yeah we have no idea how they are going to structure the title. Could it fly around a lot like a 90s US TV promotion? Maybe. Could it mainly stay on one guy? Also possible. Could they build to big reigns for a guy like ROH would and then not really go back to him as champ? Probably not but who knows. Since I'm sure the tag titles will be more important than any nationally televised US promotion in history that will change things too. Cody could easily end up doing more tag stuff with his brother early on while Jericho, Mox and Kenny feud over the belt and they try to build some steam for Page.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

you know you guys can just watch and enjoy poo poo right

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Intruder posted:

Just wish AEW hadn't started off by having a former WWE/WCW star as their major champ. People like the choice? Fine

I duno it makes sense enough to me. The TV is starting soon and while its great to have new fresh faces, its reassuring to have a few names on the roster everybody has heard of/knows of, like Jericho. Especially for new or lapsed viewers tuning in.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Hefty Leftist posted:

you must be new here

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Hefty Leftist posted:

A lot of people here enjoyed the show hefty leftist.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Plus wresting the belt from an old guy is the perfect way for the TNT audience to appreciate someone you want to make a star.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Page didn’t impress and I’m glad he ate poo poo. The fact that there wasn’t a last minute fakeout for anyone, even a past his prime CM Punk, to challenge Jericho’s reign as the lead up for the next PPV - is what bothered me. But otherwise I was a-okay with it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hefty Leftist posted:

Lmao

Seinfeld.gif

(I enjoyed the gently caress out of the show just for the record. It was goddamn great and I'll have no qualms paying $50 a pop for AEW shows at this rate which says a lot)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Taintrunner posted:

Page didn’t impress and I’m glad he ate poo poo. The fact that there wasn’t a last minute fakeout for anyone, even a past his prime CM Punk, to challenge Jericho’s reign as the lead up for the next PPV - is what bothered me. But otherwise I was a-okay with it.

They have a month of TV to build up that PPV and had another huge debut prior.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

They're going to be on tnt for a month before the next PPV, they don't need to show whatever they're doing for it now

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i also want to comment that i really like the egg belt design of the women's championship and im digging the unique look of their titles.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

fwiw I think Jericho also has a title defense on like the third tv episode

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBIZAhzAov4

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tweak posted:

fwiw I think Jericho also has a title defense on like the third tv episode

i think they should do jericho vs mjf on that one to lead up to jericho vs cody at full gear

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I am happy Cody and MJF will never fight.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i just wanted to make a few points, kind of unrelated to anything else, y'know, just idle musings.

Misawa was 30 when he won the Triple Crown for the first time. Kawada was 31. Taue was an old geezer at 35, but that young boy Kobashi, he was just a wee lad of 29.

wonder what made me think of that.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Jericho is a good champion to hit mass market tv with but I feel like he should've beaten DDP for it rather than his son

someone sent me a picture of DDP at the show in cosplay, he was right there

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Man Page's weakness as a non-wrestling performer is super glaring when you put him next to someone who's actually good at this stuff. And then PAC is a better wrestler too!

Still gonna take a lot of convincing for me to buy Page deserves a spot in the title picture for the foreseeable future given the other options out of the gate

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/NickJacksonYB/status/1168046442914766848

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

SamuraiFoochs posted:

For the record I just want to reiterate. I'm not saying unequivocally that Mox should be the top guy forever or that he's anything close to the only choice. Hell that's part of why I'm anxious. There's a glut of good options. What I am saying though is that I think he deserves a more legitimate run as a top guy than he got in the E and I hope AEW gives him that and keeps him at the very least in the mix for the top spot for the foreseeable future alongside the aforementioned good choices.

This is a very valid stance.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
So are they gonna have Jericho's bloated, gin-blossomed face going around on talk shows doing promo interviews for the series? That'll be a great look.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this thread sucks most wrestling fans suck this was a fun show and i am very glad i spent a dumb amount of money to enjoy it from a suite straight out from the ramp, then had a burger from ihop.

10/10 wrestling is good

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

AEW is great. Mox should be champion soon.

But I don't have much if any interest in Mox v Jericho because it's a match I already saw a bunch and a feud that does nothing to compel me, even without worrying about it having the smell of Two WWE Guys on it. Do a Triple Threat because otherwise I'll have to wait like 8 months before Mox gets the belt at minimum probably.

This is why I wanted Page to win the belt. Mox killing him could happen in very short order and it not hurt either Page or the belt to have such a fast turnover. Jericho needs a lengthy run.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Djarum posted:

Someone who is established and hot doesn't need a championship to draw interest. Would a championship helped the last couple of Cody matches? What about the Moxley/Omega match? A championship is just a prop that you use to best help your promotion and elevate feuds/talent and draws.

Again if you don't understand any of this you don't understand the fundamentals.

i put it to you you that not understanding wanting your favourite guy to win all the matches & all the belts is you not understanding the fundamentals

Djarum posted:

oh i am literally posting into the void. i could not post.... no.... inconceivable

Intruder posted:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

to me Cody is proof that a dude who has a name and was wasted by WWE will get a lot bigger recognition than he deserves. I wasn't impressed by his match and felt he should have lost

Compared to the Young Bucks who I see portrayed as egoists who took a pretty clean loss in an amazing match, granted I never believed the AAA titles would change hands on an AEW show

i like cody's matches a lot more than the bucks. bucks are fun for 10 minutes but then it just keeps going & going and i roll my eyes & make that irritating "jacking off" motion with one hand

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

cams posted:

this thread sucks most wrestling fans suck this was a fun show and i am very glad i spent a dumb amount of money to enjoy it from a suite straight out from the ramp, then had a burger from ihop.

10/10 wrestling is good

How was the burger?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Although I'm firmly in the Mox should be AEW champ camp, I understand the people who don't want to see Jericho/Mox again because the loving Ambrose Asylum is the worst thing I've seen.

Jericho -> Omega -> Moxley is the order I'd go with, but they've got some work to do with Omega if they want to stick with wins and losses mattering.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Jericho -> Omega -> Moxley is the order I'd go with, but they've got some work to do with Omega if they want to stick with wins and losses mattering.

I think Jericho -> Moxley -> Omega would be an interesting way to get to Omega hitting rock bottom and then working his way back up, and potentially as a heel as well which I think would be pretty interesting.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I'm going to laugh when like, the Waluigi guy that beat those dudes rear end at the parking lot wins the belt off Jericho at the first AEW Wednesday Thunder

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm going to laugh when like, the Waluigi guy that beat those dudes rear end at the parking lot wins the belt off Jericho at the first AEW Wednesday Thunder

It makes sense he beat three dudes, jericho only beat one.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

As much as I love it the "Wins and Losses" matter thing could become a huge albatross around their neck if they become slaves to it.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

ChrisBTY posted:

As much as I love it the "Wins and Losses" matter thing could become a huge albatross around their neck if they become slaves to it.

Maybe but if book logically and with long term thinking it will be fine.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Sanguinia posted:

Do a Triple Threat

Tony if you are reading this thread, do not loving do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Put the strap on Cody