Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the first women's champion?
This poll is closed.
Riho 89 51.15%
Nyla 70 40.23%
Someone else 15 8.62%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I am exhausted and dehydrated and a ball of sweat but goddamn that show was amazing. Worth every penny to fly in. The cracker barrel match was some of the most fun I've ever had and I'm psyched Havoc won it.

Totally humblebragging but the VIP package included a picture near the ring. They sprung it on us when we walked out that we could hold the title. I somehow ended up first in line so I guess I'm the first guy to hold the AEW championship because technically correct is the best kid of correct. :smug:

Its really loving heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I love how you can hear the crown chanting in the background.

I do have to say I was never big on Cody but he is really magnetic in person and his passion for all of this just radiates out of him.

And I lost my loving mind when Arn came out. I dont think I've yelled that loud ever.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Tomahawk posted:

I need to rewatch when I get home but being there live I loved everything but the main event. I sat next to some real dinguses that took the energy out of a bunch of matches like completely making GBS threads on Hikaru vs Riho and calling both of them Asuka. One guy was dressed up like Joey janela and passed out for half of the show. I dunno why they paid how ever much it cost to be there but ok

The guy who was screaming at Jericho about being fat was a couple rows behind me and everyone around him popped when Jericho told him to gently caress off and flexed. It was loving embarrassing. Just like wrestling itself when the fans are good they're really good but when they're bad they're the worst thing in existence.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Page coming out on a horse while the crowd chanted Cowboy poo poo! Was one of the best moments if the night tbh. The two guys in front of me were super into him and he came over to interact with them even during the match when he had control.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Alright I haven't been a Jericho fan but he's obviously the GOAT and I should just stop fighting it. That hot tub promo is quality.

I imagine he called Tony to tell him the belt got stolen and Tony yelled "gently caress THAT'S AWESOME WE CAN WORK WITH IT"

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

gently caress I wish they were doing TV already. The "Wheres your belt" chants would be amazing.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

If they play this right it could be huuuge. Cody obviously knows MJF will turn on him eventually and MJF knows that Cody knows so it will be constant cat and mouse.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Sammy Guevara checking this thread rn

I have aphantasia and couldn't picture the guy everyone was talking about and was happy as a clam about it and now I hate it

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

you have a bunch of dancing brooms and hippos?

The hippos poo poo and the brooms clean up after them. Food cost is becoming an issue.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Tweak posted:

i was dragged to a (mostly empty) house show last year and some kids moved up behind me and one probably 8-10 year old for no joke a straight hour just kept yelling, "WHERE IS ROMAN? WHERE IS ROMAN? WE-WANT-RO-MAN! WE-WANT-RO-MAN!" at every single match

Look it's not Banjo's fault his voice never broke.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I was just thinking... there has to be a PPV where Jericho recruits the rest of Fozzy plays himself to the ring as champ, right? That would be the biggest wrestling flex of all time.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

remusclaw posted:

I feel the need to say again that I have a bad feeling that this whole endeavor is a smoke screen. Seriously, the Guy's father is named Shad Khan (not even an anagram, they are straight up not even making an effort). They are running tournaments. This whole thing is just a way to harvest souls.

Luchasaurus turns heel and vomits acid onto Jungle Boy.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MJF did his meet and greet at Starrcast while eating a cup of noodles and never looking at the people who paid money to stand behind him while he ate lunch.

MJF owns.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

There really aren't any free agents in wrestling that could be a Luger-like surprise.

Even Punk would be like, "well, we all knew this could happen" at this point.

Steve Austin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

smikey posted:

Doesn't Austin get paid a sizable annual stipend to simply not take any wrestling-related bookings that aren't WWE?

I'm pretty sure he does. There's significantly less than zero percent chance of it happening but from a hypothetical standpoint the man who saved WWE showing up in a rival company would push everyone into a mark-induced coronary.