Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the first women's champion?
This poll is closed.
Riho 89 51.15%
Nyla 70 40.23%
Someone else 15 8.62%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
But seriously what happened to Kylie Rae and why is everyone so vague about her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Moxley is probably going to be a dude that build the company around. But this wrestling and we have been hilariously wrong before.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Hikaru Shida is a drat star btw. Love her look.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

That’s really unfortunate. I wonder what happened.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Guys.

When Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy eventually win the tag titles, it’s going to be rad.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I also find the dynamic around Cody's posse fascinating in terms of booking

Like, MJF being a total bastard but also genuinely a good friend who cares about Cody is really interesting

No PAC is the bastard

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

cams posted:

this thread sucks most wrestling fans suck this was a fun show and i am very glad i spent a dumb amount of money to enjoy it from a suite straight out from the ramp, then had a burger from ihop.

10/10 wrestling is good

You went to ihop and got a burger? Heel.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
AEW stinks at battle royales (DON, the women’s one last night) but as the company gets established they won’t have to do them as much. They should definitely work on making them better though.

PS: forgot to mention Nyla’s new gear was way better last night than the gear she had the first few times.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh btw did they sign Big Swole? If they didn’t they are dopes.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Bits of news from PWInsider:

That's the last you'll see of the AAA tag titles in the company going forward. The plan is definitely to continue the partnership with AAA, including talent coming over and talent being sent over, but focus is on the AEW tag title tournament for the AEW tag titles as of now

Hope to use Tenille more, nothing confirmed yet

Plan is still wrestlers will be cycled on and off of TV so not everyone appears every week. Maintains health, gives people time to spend with families, and gives each week of TV something new and exclusive
No TV on Xmas night obviously; TNT will have their annual Christmas Story marathon

Bucks were banged up, will be checked on again tomorrow but appear uninjured

Error in pyro timing during Cody's entrance resulted in the mortars going off, they spooked Pharoah. Khan and Brandi were pissed. Khan made sure no pyro for Jericho's entrance went off until Page's horse was completely backstage and safe

People backstage for the show were Chavo, Chris Nowinski, Lenny Leonard, and NEW's Michael Lombardi

Fun fact: Mike Johnson hit on my friend at an Indy show once.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m sorry but I just rewatched the Wardlow vignette and my goodness what a silly thing to make.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Alaois posted:

i feel like people have just convinced themselves they don't like hangman page and i honestly have no idea why

I like him a lot, he's just not the right guy to be champion right now.

I don't even think Jericho is who I want to be champion, but I understand why he is.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

I mean, yeah WWE is a massive monolith and won’t be concerned about AEW yet. People DVR and stream on demand now so the only ones that care about beating the other is WWE anyway.

Though that’s partly why I hope AEW gets consistently better ratings...because it’d only matter to Vince.

Edit: also if AEW isn’t even on their radar then why did NXT rush a deal for Wednesday nights and go to live and 2 hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

NienNunb posted:

r/squaredcircle had a real rotten thread about Nyla Rose today. The OP wrote about how disgusted he was about the transphobia from the wrestling community that gets thrown at her. And the vast vast majority of the thread could not contain themselves from exclusively talking about how bad of a wrestler they think she is. Which like, it’s fine to have that opinion but that was not the point of the thread at all.

That whole subreddit is just a loving nightmare.

I don’t think she’s a very good wrestler right now (And it appears she really needs to work on cardio because she was moving really slowly toward the end of the battle royal) but she’ll get better if she listens to people. But is she getting a lot of transphobia? Maybe I’m in a vacuum but everything I see is pretty supportive of her.