Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the first women's champion?
This poll is closed.
Riho 89 51.15%
Nyla 70 40.23%
Someone else 15 8.62%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

well that was a really solid show, Pac/Omega, Cody/Spears and Young Bucks/Lucha Bros stood out the most. no bad matches at all, at worst just kind of average. crowd didn't seem as hot as they were at Double or Nothing, but the whole thing just felt like it was building up and establishing AEW which is great. real sense of long term booking and storytelling going on, and i really wanna see the belt on Cody at some point cause he's a superstar. TV can't come soon enough, it'll make AEW explode if they keep up the good booking

production is still a little sloppy in some areas, but maybe that's just cause we're spoiled by WWE. keep Goldenboy as commentator - him, Excalibur and JR are perfect together.

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Sep 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Eat My Fuc posted:

If they don't gently caress up Cassidy he's going to turn into a superstar the way the ringmaster turned into the rattlesnake, mark my loving words.

he's perfect for my generation, apathetic, stylish, can go like a motherfucker when he needs to, and just has that wild creativity like Austin did in ECW.

Mainstream his gimmick a little, give him a reason to be passionate and have it make sense, and you will make a superstar out of him.

i can see this happening, he's got something going and the crowd already loves him. year or two and he'll be absolutely massive

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

you know you guys can just watch and enjoy poo poo right

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBIZAhzAov4

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

AEW's hype is kind of it's own worst enemy, cause everyone is analysing and expecting something enormous for months between events then getting let down when they get a good wrestling show instead of a lifechanging one. in retrospect i think All Out was probably on the same level as Double or Nothing, but DoN had the advantage of nobody knowing what AEW was going to be before they went in so there were no expectations. even if some matches weren't particularly stellar at All Out, everything is setting something up or moving a plot forward which is a loving godsend after 15 years of WWE, and the good matches really, really shined. once TV starts there will be a much better idea of what AEW is and what they're trying to do with talent and stories week by week. then we can determine whether it was indeed, always bad

i'm incredibly excited for Kenny's redemption arc with Moxley, that's gonna be one of the stand out things in 2019/2020. also more PAC because he's an incredible heel. infact everything is exciting: Orange Cassidy is gonna be huge, Cody is a superstar already and is gonna be doing southern wrasslin' drama blood feuds in 2020, tag team scene is just universally great and the tournament is gonna rule, and the Womens scene should really pick up once the champion is crowned. here's hoping they don't gently caress it up

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 1, 2019

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

what happened to Ric Flair, wasn't he supposed to come and present the AEW belt originally? maybe they'll bring him and Barry Windham in to further all the Horsemen drama going on with Tully and Arn

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Wezlar posted:

I'm not too worried because AEW has been great so far, but I hope they do enough to differentiate the Page redemption story from the Omega redemption story

i can see Kenny ending up face and Page ending up heel. they might even contrast each other as they take losses and try to climb back to where they were through different methods. it's gonna own

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

the dark order are gonna beat the poo poo out of orange cassidy and it's gonna get them nuclear heat

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

boxcarhobo posted:

spears is definitely going to form a faction to take out cody

feels like they're going for a new four horsemen with tully as their manager. four people in his inner circle after Cody betrayed him, one of them being Tully, other three his partners. the four chairmen?

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 2, 2019

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

i mean shouldn't PAC have fit that perfectly? dude looked like a killer. think you're right, this isn't WCW and that era is long gone now. you could watch a bit of NJPW, that's far more sports orientated and might scratch that itch.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

Gotta say I was a huge loving fan of JR saying “poo poo” while quoting the crowd, realising he wouldn’t get in trouble for it, and just swearing his rear end off for the rest of the show

yeah this stood out to me too in comparison to Cory Graves saying holy poo poo awhile ago on WWE. that one was so over the top and clearly scripted, and here JR can just say it off the cuff while acknowleding the crowd at the same time. really summed up the difference in quality for me between the two

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

guys i think wrestlings good again

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

this isn't WWE, they're not gonna book Shawn Spears to lose over and over. they're selling this whole thing as having long term storylines and letting people get over, they'd be stupid to book someone just like WWE does when they're trying to be different as a defining characteristic. first episode he'll probably attack Cody to keep himself dangerous, and he'll probably win his matches in the first weeks. I can see him winning over Moxley through Tully playing the heel manager - Moxley won't be damaged by an unfair loss at all

infact Moxley losing via cheating might influence Kenny in his own match with him. You might get Kenny thinking he has to beat Moxley to stop losing, so the guaranteed way is to cheat just like Shawn Spears did, making him descend into Cleaner Kenny even more

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 8, 2019

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

November tickets seem to be doing alright. Full Gear seems to be about over half sold out, Charlotte probably just under half

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US8H9tHOO0g

edit: beaten but oh well

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 10, 2019

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Sandow went to TNA though, which still makes him stupid for going there but it's not like TNA is the mecca of wrestling booking.

counterpoint: :aronrex:

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 28, 2019

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

tomorrow nobody ever has to watch WWE cuck storylines ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

what was keeping them watching the storyline a couple months ago

the same thing thats kept them watching it for the last five years