Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«70 »
RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

mycot posted:

Sonicfox's whole thing was getting into the scene when he was extremely young so he pretty much has no window to be the predator in this situation (compared to being one of the disadvantaged).

They're popular and have a lot of fans, if Sonicfox wanted to diddle kids they have ample opportunity to do so by now, just like any other person with a big fan following.

Really hope SF doesn't have any nasty poo poo like that on their conscience, I get that a lot of people find their antics annoying but they always seemed like a good person to me.

Acerbatus posted:

Maybe, but I'm also not entirely sure how they're going to go forward. Does someone need to start a new EVO thing, or can they kick out the old guy, or...?

Kick MrWiz out and try to start over and earn trust again seems like the most obvious rote. I think they already did the former. Heard Tony Cannon is gonna be the leader now?

RottenK fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

My pithy clone SF comment was because they seem entirely wholesome and hopefully for once that is not a milkshake duck waiting in the wings.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Mike Watson literally told everyone on stream that Wizard is a pedo, he just couldn't name a name for obvious reasons. Glad that stupid sonovabitch finally got exposed and booted.

Also the ZeRo saga continues:
https://twitter.com/zerowondering/s...6362486786?s=20

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I may not be as cute as the other girls, but I'm the best at arm wrestling!

Acerbatus posted:

Maybe, but I'm also not entirely sure how they're going to go forward. Does someone need to start a new EVO thing, or can they kick out the old guy, or...?
EVO's a corporate entity and nobody has like, any personal attachment to Mr. Wizard except people who were around 20 years ago. They've already given him the boot. I think just that and a stronger commitment to dealing with poo poo like this in future would be enough.

And SonicFox is fine and probably a decent person I just find them really annoying.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 3, 2020

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

SonicFox is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns, by the way. Figure you probably just didn't know, but useful to know going forward if you talk about them!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

SonicFox seems like a fine eccentric fellow, just kind of obnoxious. He seems like a cool fella and paying his way through college by beating people up in fighting games is incredibly based and awesome.
Still don't like him Icing Go1 in 2018 evo finals though, that was lame. Other than that he's always been a swell fellow if a bit obnoxious, w/e everyone's got their foibles.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

ZeRo went full Lowtax with the defence.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

You could probably stop talking about SonicFox unless they get allegations against them.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

SonicFox is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns, by the way. Figure you probably just didn't know, but useful to know going forward if you talk about them!

My mistake, even though I've already been quoted I'll edit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I may not be as cute as the other girls, but I'm the best at arm wrestling!

Also I know most of you were joking but 'everyone is bad except this person, hope they dont Milkshake Duck' is like the polar opposite of the lesson that should be taken here.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

Also I know most of you were joking but 'everyone is bad except this person, hope they dont Milkshake Duck' is like the polar opposite of the lesson that should be taken here.

That was me being pointlessly pithy independent of the actual problem going on here which is more my option that is not just screaming eternally, sorry about that, I'll knock it off.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

not a bot posted:

ZeRo went full Lowtax with the defence.

I'm not really seeing it, but might just be naive/stupid. He gave a timeline of events, showed conversation logs, video recordings and more. The tweet that tossed him under the bus was a single line of 'he did this to me' followed up with another tweet referencing a sailor moon meme.

I kind of want to hear her response though before I fall on a side.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm not really seeing it, but might just be naive/stupid. He gave a timeline of events, showed conversation logs, video recordings and more. The tweet that tossed him under the bus was a single line of 'he did this to me' followed up with another tweet referencing a sailor moon meme.

His timeline doesn't prove the things she is saying are impossible(they were in the place together for a period of time) and most of his rebuttal boils down to:

"I don't remember doing those things" Not proof he didn't do those things, it's not even a denial
"She still acted friendly/cordial towards me after the period she is saying I did those things" Goes without saying why this is meaningless. This is what all the screenshots are
"It would have been impractical for me to do those things because of a general lack of privacy" Impractical isn't impossible and others in the house might not have acknowledged the harassment for what it was as they were all kids or young adults.

So it ends up being an extensive rebuttal that doesn't actually prove anything but implies she is a lying liar that lies and victims don't come forward for fun.

Edit: “You were showing me explicit Craigslist ads of sex workers and hentai ”
"I don’t understand if this part is a joke I randomly pulled out to make fun of M2K or something and she happened to see it accidentally, but looking back through our entire conversation logs, I never shared a single picture with her of this nature nor is there a single log of her ever mentioning it."

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jul 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yes, it's the whole showing a few conversation logs which prove nothing that's iffy here. He says he doesn't remember doing anything that is alleged and proceeds to posts logs without context and a screencap of a video which has nothing to do with it.

To elaborate: Right at the beginning he says he doesn't want to attack her in any way even though the whole post is trying to establish her as someone untrustworthy and lying. The next thing he says he's open to admitting he did things which made her uncomfortable, but he doesn't do any of that in the post. Instead he says he doesn't recall (note, no denial here) and then there's this bit:

quote:

“You were showing me explicit Craigslist ads of sex workers and hentai ”

I don’t understand the context of this nor have any recollection of this. Craiglist is not a website I really use

Everyone who reads that understands the context and thinking "I don't even use Craigslist" is some sort of proof is stupid. He's obviously trying to muddy the waters here. Same goes for the conversation logs as well, they don't prove anything he wants them to.

The whole thing reads like a textbook case. It's normal she didn't say anything when they were living in the same house. It's normal they also used messaging apps to communicate. It's normal it took many years until she said anything. What is not normal is the long-rear end post with a whole lot of red herrings thrown in.

not a bot fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 3, 2020

«70 »