Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's unsurprising to me that the rereg of a poster who said that women are faking abuse to get woke points also wants to come back in and further police the discussion of what is and isn't allowed to be discussed. I thought that guy was threadbanned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think lumping 'this person publically expresses right wing opinions' into #MeToo is damaging for the movement. It supports the narrative that #MeToo is motivated by partisan political concerns, and that gives cover to abusers.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I skimmed through the "In Defense of John Lassiter" video and no, that shithead absolutely belongs here. Specifically, the defense is "he just groped a few women, it's not like he had a casting couch" and "#metoo has gone too far"

Piell fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 20, 2021

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Piell posted:

I skimmed through the "In Defense of John Lassiter" video and no, that shithead absolutely belongs here. Specifically, the defense is "he just groped a few women, it's not like he had a casting couch" and "#metoo has gone too far"

i wasn't about to brave wading into a video with that name for what should be pretty obvious reasons so i thank you for your service. and yeah with that, uh, helpful information, maybe this shithead really does belong in this thread, fuckin yikes.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm very cautious around this Nairo stuff. While Zack deffo doesn't come off sympathetic in the narrative we've most recently been presented with, I think people are desperate to believe that popular star Nairo is innocent and that Zack, who has always been despised for one reason or another, is the transgressor.

I also fear that "legal agreements" will be seen as equivalent to evidence-based exoneration, which we all know is bullshit in cases of legal intimidation.

Not even the most recent thing. Zack has a history of doing this with other smash players and then blackmailing them. He also blackmailed noted shithead ally and has had other accusations of trying to do the same to other players.

Your caution, while understandable, might be defending an actual predator here.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'm not defending Zack in this case. Evidence is beginning to build that this is, perhaps, that one-in-a-million hypothetical nightmare of a child abusing adults.

I think the broader context of my second paragraph stands.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm not defending Zack in this case. Evidence is beginning to build that this is, perhaps, that one-in-a-million hypothetical nightmare of a child abusing adults.

I think the broader context of my second paragraph stands.

Are you proposing this will selfian idea of this mengele super evil child?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The 7th Guest posted:

i'd ask "how does this keep happening" but it has to be intentional

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/1362919930698596360?s=19

what a loving cesspit. my guess is he got the job because he wanted to do it and everyone is sorta trying to distance themselves or jump poo poo from harry potter or rowling.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what a loving cesspit. my guess is he got the job because he wanted to do it and everyone is sorta trying to distance themselves or jump poo poo from harry potter or rowling.
I'm not sure when he joined but he's been on it at least longer than the JK Rowling stuff really exploded at the start of summer last year.

There doesn't need to be a good explanation for someone with lovely views being in a high position in games or any other industry...

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Akuma posted:

I'm not sure when he joined but he's been on it at least longer than the JK Rowling stuff really exploded at the start of summer last year.

There doesn't need to be a good explanation for someone with lovely views being in a high position in games or any other industry...

It turns out that people who behave badly worm their way into power and money.

Who knew?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Akuma posted:

yeah, good point. i read the mess of a resetera thread about it. the dude has some really loving stupid/dickhead views.

https://twitter.com/Troylus_true/status/1051609193059299328
https://twitter.com/Troylus_true/status/1331648047638585346

also a big covid truther so thats fun.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We've established he's a shithead, do we really need to post further examples?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why do people get really whining for people posting, jeez

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Someone in the Games chat thread caught a probation for calling out that game dev who thinks there's a female conspiracy to destroy video games so I'd hold back until the mods define what actually means.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it was literally immediately removed and this thread has talked about gg multiple times lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Well in that case: the lead designer of Hogwarts Legacy absolutely belongs here and those Youtube thumbnails are damning as hell.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why not create a separate "chuds in gaming" thread to leave this one focused on #metoo?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Why not create a separate "chuds in gaming" thread to leave this one focused on #metoo?

While I respect the desire to keep this thread focused on #metoo, it does help to keep this stuff constrained to one thread so I know what developers and games to stay away from.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at this point we've dedicated literally ten times as many words to whether or not its okay to post about general alt-right industry people rather than specifically sexual harassers/rapists, than we did actual posts about general alt-right industry people

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

Imagine the first ten pages of this thread but with more plausible deniability for all the horrible people who immediately rush in to shitpost.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
In MeToo news, GPB denies that he groped Feen and pretty much everything else https://twitter.com/GrandPOOBear/status/1361865301881577473

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Looks like one of the GameGrumps dudes (not Egoraptor, the other one) is a creep. Obviously, allegations, I'm not a court of law, etc. etc., but there's video proof, so it seems difficult to dispute: https://www.reddit.com/r/rantgrumps/comments/m9yr2g/video_evidence_of_the_dan_accusations/

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Looks like one of the GameGrumps dudes (not Egoraptor, the other one) is a creep. Obviously, allegations, I'm not a court of law, etc. etc., but there's video proof, so it seems difficult to dispute: https://www.reddit.com/r/rantgrumps/comments/m9yr2g/video_evidence_of_the_dan_accusations/

r/rantgrumps is like the Project Veritas of the fandom. The post is really unclear if he was grooming her or anything, the timestamps say the sext stuff was 4 years after she turned 18 with no indication that he was sending that stuff before that. The story is framed to make it seem like the girl being under 18 when she first contacted him is proof of something that it isn't.

It looks like the most obvious story is he's been chatting & meeting up with younger adult female fans and having consensual sexual encounters with them, then ignoring them on social media. It's pretty lovely to do that and just ghost them afterwards, but absent any underage stuff, harassment, or coercion it doesn't move the needle on lovely guy behavior.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a grown-rear end man chatting with a 17 year old and then immediately pivoting to sexts when shes 18 is weird, actually.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

a grown-rear end man chatting with a 17 year old and then immediately pivoting to sexts when shes 18 is weird, actually.

Like I said, that's how its presented but the gap between "happy 18th birthday" in 2013 and the hot tub sext is 4 years. It's not clear if there was anything before that, just the video and the text from 2018 as proof.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the guy who has a pattern of ltierally 10 other fans he did this same thing to, one of whom was also 17 when he first contacted them, is a huge creep who manipulates and abuses women. sorry!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

pentyne posted:

Like I said, that's how its presented but the gap between "happy 18th birthday" in 2013 and the hot tub sext is 4 years. It's not clear if there was anything before that, just the video and the text from 2018 as proof.

loving someone you have been talking to since they were underage when you were a grown-rear end man is textbook grooming

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

My favourite thing about this thread is that every time a new abuser is outed, without fail, someone will show up and out themselves as a defender of abusers without even a single poke or prod.

It's like that lovely old joke about vegans. "Don't worry, they'll tell you."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

loving someone you have been talking to since they were underage when you were a grown-rear end man is textbook grooming

now to be fair if you were like 19 when you met them its not really weird, im sure this young man is just in a slightly awkward age range

lmfao

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its extremely easy to not talk with someone half your age with the desire to one day gently caress them specially when they are underage

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

pentyne posted:

r/rantgrumps is like the Project Veritas of the fandom. The post is really unclear if he was grooming her or anything, the timestamps say the sext stuff was 4 years after she turned 18 with no indication that he was sending that stuff before that. The story is framed to make it seem like the girl being under 18 when she first contacted him is proof of something that it isn't.

It looks like the most obvious story is he's been chatting & meeting up with younger adult female fans and having consensual sexual encounters with them, then ignoring them on social media. It's pretty lovely to do that and just ghost them afterwards, but absent any underage stuff, harassment, or coercion it doesn't move the needle on lovely guy behavior.

Genuine question: Are you defending this because you genuinely believe what you're saying or are you defending it because your first impulse is "the person I like can't possibly be a bad person.'

Even at the absolute best possible outcome what he did is creepy grooming and the fact it began when she was underage and follows an extremely basic pattern for this form of abuse makes it hard to believe anything but "I was waiting until she was legal so I don't get in trouble" and ignoring everything else wrong

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean there are people who don’t think it’s grooming on this site. Just a coincidence tragic really

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Genuine question: Are you defending this because you genuinely believe what you're saying or are you defending it because your first impulse is "the person I like can't possibly be a bad person.'

Even at the absolute best possible outcome what he did is creepy grooming and the fact it began when she was underage and follows an extremely basic pattern for this form of abuse makes it hard to believe anything but "I was waiting until she was legal so I don't get in trouble" and ignoring everything else wrong

No I clearly stated he seems like a scumbag trying to bang technically legal adults, saying or doing what he can to get them to meet up then ghost them the moment he gets what he wants. Assuming good faith he responded to tons of random fans messages being sociable and nice (highly unlikely) he still developed an ongoing relationships with a teenage fan for the eventual purpose of eventually having sex then cutting them of. Her being 17 and 11 months or 18 and 0 months when he started a dialogue doesn't really make a difference for how hosed up it is.

I was thinking back to the Ryan Haywood, where he was specifically meeting up with minors to have sex with them, and how this seems similar but not to the same predatory level in terms of grooming and abusing yet. It's really just splitting hairs at a certain point and the underlying motivation seems the same, so time will tell what else he's done.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

pentyne posted:

No I clearly stated he seems like a scumbag trying to bang technically legal adults, saying or doing what he can to get them to meet up then ghost them the moment he gets what he wants. Assuming good faith he responded to tons of random fans messages being sociable and nice (highly unlikely) he still developed an ongoing relationships with a teenage fan for the eventual purpose of eventually having sex then cutting them of. Her being 17 and 11 months or 18 and 0 months when he started a dialogue doesn't really make a difference for how hosed up it is.

I was thinking back to the Ryan Haywood, where he was specifically meeting up with minors to have sex with them, and how this seems similar but not to the same predatory level in terms of grooming and abusing yet. It's really just splitting hairs at a certain point and the underlying motivation seems the same, so time will tell what else he's done.

You know that bringing up Project Veritas implies that you think people are like, making poo poo up right?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

it seems that Daniel Avidan truly became the creepy Danny Sexbang

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DC Murderverse posted:

You know that bringing up Project Veritas implies that you think people are like, making poo poo up right?

I'm absolutely on the side of the victims here, if they exist.

I don't have a horse in this race but RantGrumps, as far as I know, are fairly prone to taking any accusation extremely seriously, without much to back it up.

If memory serves, they tried to do the same thing to Dan but with faked social media DMs except he does not and has never used social media.

The text screenshots could easily be faked, the video could have gone to anyone. Though, the most likely situation is that it's probably true.

Edit:
When GG kicked Jon out for being racist, it really broke a bunch of internet weirdos that then went on to write a bunch on unverifiable stuff about how Arin and Suzy (his wife) are vicious and just acting like nice people.

Maybe the Dan stuff is true but there has been so much disgusting and potentially false stuff written about them that it's hard to tell what's real.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 22, 2021

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I mean, this literally has voiced video evidence, so.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jesus christ

"if they exist"

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I'm absolutely on the side of the victims here, if they exist.

I don't have a horse in this race but RantGrumps, as far as I know, are fairly prone to taking any accusation extremely seriously, without much to back it up.

If memory serves, they tried to do the same thing to Dan but with faked social media DMs except he does not and has never used social media.

The text screenshots could easily be faked, the video could have gone to anyone. Though, the most likely situation is that it's probably true.

Edit:
When GG kicked Jon out for being racist, it really broke a bunch of internet weirdos that then went on to write a bunch on unverifiable stuff about how Arin and Suzy (his wife) are vicious and just acting like nice people.

Maybe the Dan stuff is true but there has been so much disgusting and potentially false stuff written about them that it's hard to tell what's real.

Believe women!

....unless there's some theoretical scenario in which the video evidence they have provided could conceivably have come from some mysterious third party. In which case, point out how they could be a liar who happens to have a video of the person they are accusing which lines up perfectly with their story because they got it from someone else, somehow. It's important to consider these things!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Abuser defender number two, and we’re only a few hours in. God bless these dead gay comedy forums.