Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm just going to crow a little about how badly Vic got owned in court and how all the morons stanning for him turned out to completely full of poo poo.

Including, somehow, a goon on the first page of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Also Gone Home was good, the more recent generation of walking sims like that, Edith Finch, Ethan Carter, Soma, Tacoma, were far more enjoyable than the earlier generation of such games like Dear Esther.

I'm pretty sure Dear Esther didn't have an insane backlash against it though, back then gamers were trying to prove that the medium could match against Ebert's assertion that games weren't art.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Why am I not surprised that the GBS who came in to concern troll about those nasty antifa also turned out to be a gamergate moron as well

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
basically chuds are mad that every time they try and revive the gbs hellthread it gets banned while this filthy sjdubb thread is allowed to exist

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It's odd because setting up a multiracial empire is extremely easy and can power you up very quickly. It's messy but it's micromanagement light and you simply allow the chips to fall where you may. But you can also set up a Perfect Monoracial Empire where everyone knows their place and you murder any undesirable you choose. In short, Stellaris is a perfectly Enlightened Centrist Game.

Endorph posted:

i mean the fact is even if the girls were 18 he's still a creepy weirdo. not just because macking on 18 year old fans as a married dude in your 30s is creepy as poo poo, but because the way he was going about it was creepy as poo poo. the entire tumblr sexring consisted of giant speeches about how 'sex positive this space is' and how 'we're exploring ourselves,' it was the most obviously manipulative poo poo in the world. just say you wanna gently caress and ask if any girls wanna see your cock + balls like a normal person, goddamn.

honestly that sounds like they're reproducing the social dynamics of the free love hippy movement, filtered through modernity

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
everyone has a pre-woke period

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I remember reading a Harlan Ellison short story collection about how he ran with teenage street gangs in NY and it still feels like a huge pile of a stdh.txt

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

paging that fuckin loser on page 1 standing w/ vic

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The basic nature of the Fem Freq videos is usually bought up as a lovely concern troll.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm not sure how best to describe Warframe's pay-to-win model, yes you can pay directly for power, but all the paid options are horrifically inefficient values, and feel much more like trap options for nailing people with very poor self control.

Like in a comparison between a veteran player with high game knowledge and little RMT cash, and a novice player with little game knowledge and alot of RMT cash, the former will completely trounce the latter at all levels of power.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
oh of loving course it was badgame

i briefly posted there and it was infested with '16 era gbs/cspam racists

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i mean if he really wanted to he could have put forth his dumbshit opinions anonymously on something like /v/, but he was insecure in his status in the indie gaming industry and just had to attach his name to it

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Well I don't think the accusation against Ellison was ever concocted by his political enemies, because by the time they were made, Obama and Dershowitz had already ratfucked him out of his running for DNC chair.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
In other, funnier, and darker news, Harvard Professor Alan Dershowitz has apropos of nothing decried the effect of cancel culture on: Ghislaine Maxwell:

http://archive.is/2JK7s

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Isn't the Witcher 3 basically that? I just made it to Kaer Morhan, don't spoil me.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lotta pressure on the snyder cut to not bomb rear end

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Mandalore was pretty pro-BLM on twitter and that's a decent bellwether on whether someone isn't a total piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
At least Mignogna was completely checked out of his SLAPP lawsuit, he had a media-savvy operator who organized donations and handed the entire case to him gift-wrapped, all he had to do was sign here, on the form. Don't you worry your pretty little head Mr Vic. The millions of people who stand with Vic will take care of it for you.

Then he got blown the gently caress out. This one seems like a sick joke in comparison, now the Dunning Krueger victim is taking a personal interest in his lawsuit, and thinks all his arguments that land like roundhouse kicks in the medium of substack will hold up in front of a Judge and the opposing counsel.