Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Byolante posted:

Look at how this happened. There was no due process, there was no period of finding the truth. ZQ posted some stuff on her twitter. Immediately his entire industry blacklisted him and booted him from the studio he founded. If the people who facilitated this thought they hadn't done something unconscionable there wouldn't have been a mad rush to try and scrub the internet of their actions.

yeah why would someone delete their twitter when they start getting death threats from insane people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ipaid10buxforthis

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

don't you need platinum to ignore someone?

no

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AngryRobotsInc posted:

One side complained about that, the other side complained about no females in the party because of tired poo poo like "If I gotta have an rear end in the middle of the screen for 50+ hours, it should be a hot one hur hur".

That's why they gave all of the FFXV guys good asses

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hot

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

"sub-cultural colonists" must be my favorite part of the whole woozy event. thanks for reminding me

I skipped over that part of the thread so thanks for bringing it up

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Games mods have always been very, very trigger shy because if you start proactively banning people here for transphobia, sexism, racist bullshit (instead of waiting until they have already posted ten pages of ridiculously transparent poo poo) you'd end up clearing out a quarter of games and that would be a lot more work.

The mods are in fact not at their PCs 24/7

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

I mean that's hardly even the biggest misstep Paradox has made in recent memory, considering it's been less than a year since Martin Ericcson, the guy they put in charge of the Vampire: the Masquerade tabletop RPG revival, who himself had a number of extremely lovely moments leading up to the game's release (talk of returning werewolves to their "crypto-fascist eco terrorist" roots, hiring on noted serial harasser and later outed rapist and abuser Zak S to author a tie-in app game, casual 1488 references in playtest materials, he likes signing off on his blog with "Blood and Souls!" etc etc) caused a no-fooling international incident with the Chechnyan government when he tasteless decided to put a ripped-from-the-headlines plot hook in the game about how the Chechen government's anti-gay purges were all part of a sinister vampiric cabal. Even if people going "hey wow this is actually really tasteless" wouldn't normally motivate corporations, the threat of translators being arrested and the Chechen government (who of course angrily deny that the purges are even happening) making noise were enough to result in Paradox finally moving to exercise greater oversight and control over their White Wolf subsidiary, no longer allowing it to operate on its own, and Ericcson would eventually be shitcanned down the line as well.

I feel like this one is a result of the main branch not giving a poo poo about tabletop and subsequently not even noticing it until it blows up in your face

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lazy_Liberal posted:

:eyepop:

thanks, i'll go back to calling myself a dork. another word with a regional definition.

Unless you are regularly hanging out in Canadian prisons I think you're going to be fine

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm glad we are finally getting to the bottom of the anime o-face term

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

stux's fan club has one member

who is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010