Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Don't loving engage in good faith with that garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I know the general mod policy is that you need to work your way into higher punishments for bad posting but I think we can safely and instantaneously perma anyone who even toes near supporting abusers? Maybe?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Did I miss the "out yourself as a trash fire person" memo? I've got nothing to wear.

Orv
May 4, 2011
My dude I think you might be totally bananas.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think the idea of some sad nerd still being mad about Gone Home in TYOOL 2019 is giving me a headache. At least hit up 4chan for your latest memorandum on who's ruining video games.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Woozy posted:

Take it up with the people who actually brought up the subject in the first place

Nah dude you're the lime in this coconut, not them.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Woozy posted:

I do not give any kind of gently caress whether any of you take me seriously, you're free to stop biting at any time but you're all playing to the crowd so that won't happen, and if you stop projecting for a minute and just read what I'm saying you won't to have to wonder what my point is

Your point is that you're at least a misogynist and I'm gonna swing for the fences and say you're probably a racist and bigot as well.

Congratulations, you've won.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

it's probably not that tbf

most reactionaries are correctly considered to be right-wing, but there's also a particular breed of militant leftism that views blanket dismissal of any out-group to be inherently elitist and disharmonious, which is usually coupled with a patriarchal "open-mindedness" towards regressive or toxic ideologies. it's why the "economic anxiety" line caught on so much in certain circles, because it couched the blame for people's negative behavior entirely within a class-based hierarchy that let them pretend the racial angle didn't exist. you can see it elsewhere with nominally leftist people throwing their weight behind authoritarian regimes like with the hong kong protests. this little spat is just a really hilariously petty application of that principle - movements like gamergate didn't build their momentum off bigotry, it claims, but from entirely reasonable fears of women imposters invading and homogenizing a once-comfortable ideological space

there's a reason why woozy considers any "taxonomic" critique to be an instant-lose when arguing with him. his ideology cannot possibly be at fault. he's the forward-thinking one. he's on the right side of history. and he can't quite grasp why he's hated everywhere he goes and by everyone he sees

I mean I think we can (and probably are) both be right here but yeah, fair enough.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rynoto posted:

People who base their identity around being 'gamers' are, in fact, toxic misogynistic cretins. But you already know that considering you have already blamed everyone except yourself for your desire to claim ownership over and exclude others from your chosen hobby.

Please, my best friend's nephew isn't a toxic, misogynistic cretin, he's just incredibly loving stupid and loves him some Call o' the Duties.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I see it just fine, I'm just trying to avoid the post-oedipal consequences of seeing more of it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The Nazi man who exclusively writes reprehensible rear end in a top hat characters is an even deeper pile of scum? Odd.

Hopefully this does actually level some consequences for him though since the era of big name CRPG kickstarters seems to be over he might already be kind of dead in the water.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ariong posted:

Doesn’t/didn’t he have an account here? Or was ropekid someone else who worked at obsidian?

That's Josh Sawyer.

Orv
May 4, 2011
As noted, he is working on Dying Light 2 from Techland but AFAIK Techland is pretty chill so hopefully he gets the nuke there.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Got a link to that? Hopefully not following any of them but obviously rather not if I am.

E: Oh it's in the tweet, am dumb. And thankfully not.

Orv fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 21, 2020

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean there's also the endemic sexism and bad sportsmanship and generally kind of gross behavior from many corners of the FGC for years and years and years but ideally yes that can all also get excised with all of this.

Just clone SonicFox eighty times and have them do it all.

Orv
May 4, 2011
My pithy clone SF comment was because they seem entirely wholesome and hopefully for once that is not a milkshake duck waiting in the wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

Also I know most of you were joking but 'everyone is bad except this person, hope they dont Milkshake Duck' is like the polar opposite of the lesson that should be taken here.

That was me being pointlessly pithy independent of the actual problem going on here which is more my option that is not just screaming eternally, sorry about that, I'll knock it off.