Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Mike Watson literally told everyone on stream that Wizard is a pedo, he just couldn't name a name for obvious reasons. Glad that stupid sonovabitch finally got exposed and booted.

Also the ZeRo saga continues:
https://twitter.com/zerowondering/status/1278918706362486786?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
SonicFox seems like a fine eccentric fellow, just kind of obnoxious. He seems like a cool fella and paying his way through college by beating people up in fighting games is incredibly based and awesome.
Still don't like him Icing Go1 in 2018 evo finals though, that was lame. Other than that he's always been a swell fellow if a bit obnoxious, w/e everyone's got their foibles.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
What the gently caress is this week

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

ImpAtom posted:

When someone speaks up and other people see that they are believed, it gives them the confidence to speak out themselves. That's usually why you get the 'dam bursting' thing because so many people have to hide the abuse they suffered for fear of being punished.

Not even just this, I mean in general all around.
Its a good thing all this is coming to light no matter what.

Clarste posted:

What the gently caress is this society tho

This is much more correct.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Endorph posted:

Mr. Wizard was full-bore we need to ban this stuff to protect women type, lol. He banned Dead or Alive from the event because of two cosplayers jokingly feeling each other up on a stream promoting DoA6, in a way that was clearly just the models messing around and not a scripted moment forced on them by the company or anything.

To be fair that whole moment really was awkward and embarrassing as gently caress. It was pretty much just a ryona video and slideshow, a really stupid idea to have that on stream.
Sure Wizard gave us the only gift he was ever really good for in CORE VALUES, which only got good because of his ineptitude.

Dias posted:

Well, that didn't take long.

Sky Williams, the Epstein of Smash.

For real.
He's looking to be the root cause for most if not all the big names that got outed. As time goes on, it seems were getting more and more on him.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

RottenK posted:

are we supposed to know what ryona is

No, just saying that's what they were doing.
What it is, it's girls getting beaten up usually in a provocative manner.

Pretty much what caused CORE VALUES to happen was they were usually closing in on the girls crotches or breasts paused with the camera when they were getting hit or attacked. This went on for a surprisingly long while.
Definitely something that shouldn't have been shown on stream. Wizard was actually in the right to shut it off, its his explanation as to why that was the stupidest thing that deserved the mockery it got.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
It was much more absurd than pausing a Gief SPD.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Ariong posted:

Apparently this dude did a stream denying the allegations and threatening the accuser. Oh wait; no he didn’t, he HAD HIS MOM DO IT.

https://www.twitter.com/Brossentia/status/1285067911938207744

I am not the sort of guy you want to be messing with. If you continue to peddle these false allegations against me, I will have no choice but to call my mommy.

Not really surprising considering how much of a babyback bitch he is.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Im so glad my petty hatred of Ubisoft for over a decade has now become warranted and justified
gently caress those stupid tasteless assholes running that shithouse.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Reading through this, let me get this straight: Vinny probably had sex with fans but it was nothing horrible and most of the women have said it was consensual, except some maybe trying to make it seem a lot worse than it was and may have fabricated evidence, with the situation getting weirder as time passes.

is that right or did I misread? Reading through this I was a bit confused, so just need some clarification.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Judge Tesla posted:

Whatever really went down, the only winners are the 4channers crowing about how they effectively cancelled Vinny.

and most 4channers would probably hate on them since Vinny as far as I know was actually tolerated even liked by a noticeable chunk of 4chan.

Sucks to hear about Vinny but you cant blame the guy. I...dont think I ever even heard of GeePM before this actually.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Yeah the video is mostly showcasing how much of a manipulative POS jisu is by clarifying things and pointing out her hypocracies and straight up lies. Also small part where he kind of agrees with Hax about Leffen for a bit but said Hax is an idiot for doing it so stupidly.

It doesn't vindicate either Sky or ZeRo(infact ZeRo is apparently the next video). ZeRo is just there to point out some of the BS jisu said and what was going on in the house. The stuff with Sky basically boils down to him being a horribly HORRIBLY irresponsible dumbass but that some of the stuff people say about him is overblown to disgusting levels(to the point of actually trying to kill him).

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
It's upsetting because not only was she changing narritives to suit her own desires, she was actively ruining and trying to lynch people despite the fact she lied about several of her arguments, witheld information, or obtained without knowledgement of witnesses. A lot surfaced about Sky that was infact her fault, rumours or statements that have been confirmed to be untrue. This literally harmed the guy's ability to actually make a living, this was actually killing someone, when information that was withheld or changed that actually gives a different picture of the whole situation. She was infact being an abuser herself, lying and blaming other people for stuff they didn't even do, while acting high and mighty about it.

Sky and ZeRo being an irresponsible or creepy idiot does not make them innocent, they're still guilty of their own terrible actions that are 100% confirmed to be true like the ice cubes or property damage threats. Those two suck but actual death for them is much too far, Sky is at least trying to fix things on his end and ZeRo well we all know what happened there (oh yeah she got mad and defensive at people who wanted to know what ZeRo's situation was after his attempt, seriously wtf?). Technicals being a jackass doesn't stop the fact she was being manipulative, making herself look like the victim in the whole situation despite being the instigator. It just makes one ask why? She became exactly what she hated and got brownie points for it, doing it in an abhorrent manner, and actively trying to kill people who probably didn't deserve it and getting a lot of attention for it. Thats just being a massive piece of poo poo.

Technicals maybe a vindictive shithead but he does do his research while being blunt about it. Think im gonna go with the honest jackass a lot more than someone who either can't backup what she says or knowingly bullshits it.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Boba Pearl posted:

Having to get another job is not literally killing someone.

Apparently even the most common of jobs is something he cant get due to blacklisting, let alone payoff a quarter million debt while trying to actually make ends meet.
Especially now. His own fault though.

Hub Cat posted:

Yeah I gotta say dude you sound like you have a weird hangup here.

You're using some pretty extreme emotional language for a victim making twitter posts "kill" "lynch" "actively trying to kill" saying they are "trying to score brownie points". It sorta makes me think you're more interested in attacking a victim than seeking justice.

The first few minutes of the video are trying to manipulate me into viewing again a victim as hypocritical or a bad insincere activist. Kinda makes me think the whole video is some culture war gish-gallop smearing a victim that merely obscures the truth by calling into question inconsequential details when again the objective facts(which came from more than Jisu) are incredibly bad.

This combined with your downplaying of a guy grooming a minor and whatever the gently caress you call a guy who ran an exploitive teenager workhouse makes me think you're kind of a weirdo ngl

Like at best the guy was an incredibly irresponsible guardian I wouldn't hire either tbh

Admititedly after looking it over, yeah bit extreme. But you have to admit, getting mad at one of her biggest supporters tweeting for a wellness check on someone who almost commited suicide is some hosed up poo poo.

Her whole thing started when ZeRo did a tweet that was basically wagging his finger at Nairo for the Zack thing(You want to see victim blamming go check that mess), and she acuses him of abuse and then tweets a sailor moon meme in preassumed victory(which she also did incorrectly). It was a whiplash of tone that was very weird then(think some of us in this thread even mentioned it), and now we learn she may or may not have been exaggerating if the video is to be fully belived, you either trust Leffen or MTOrion on that end. Then the whole situation spiraled into stupidity with he said she said that basically moved nothing forward, and Leffen coming in to get in a few kicks in to a incredibly stupid ZeRo saying a whole lot of nothing. It was the loving stupidest shitshow during the whole summer when the smash comunity was getting exposed, and it ended when Katie came forward and cornered ZeRo. Doing more truth in a matter of a few paragraphs than several days of 20 something year olds did. The entire thing was a domino effect of stupid, ZeRo just in general and then the loving disgusting bullshit of what he did to Katie, Jisu being a freggin idiot, and Leffen being a massive tool(so being Leffen). No one looked good in that, but Jisu being proud of it is just...not even sure how describe it. Especially with what we know now.

Also what the gently caress are you talking about "downplay of a guy grooming a minor and whatever the gently caress you call a guy who ran an exploitive teenager workhouse". I literally said their poo poo was really bad but not death worthy, that it had nothing to do with why Jisu sucks, and at least they're trying to fix poo poo on their end for their massive gently caress ups. I want some loving truth and justice, something jisu was manipulating while being arrogant about it. If all 3 of those idiots can learn and better themselves off this then excellent, but to me all 3 are shitheaps.

But you are right im probably more mad than I should be. It ended up with some innocent people getting dragged into this for no reason, someone controlling the whole situation on their end to make them look better, and a whole lot of hosed up poo poo that was absolutely disgusting or stupid as hell that it happened. But familiarity of jisu's actions is probably the biggest reason im absolutely pissed about this, and I wont go into more detail than that.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Hub Cat posted:

I looked into the context for this and I don't understand why somebody made a video interview with Zero after he attempted suicide anyway that she then had to tell them to take down?
It's a strange and dumb situation I'm not entirely sure I even want to comment on it

Like I said the whole situation with ZeRo was dumb as poo poo, and no one involved in smash looked good there.

Hub Cat posted:

Serious answer, when you're accusing a victim of attempted murder for some Twitlongers and then sort of write-off some bad poo poo as just irresponsible or creepy and being in my view kind of reductive about their actions in general it comes off as a deflection, even if you say "they did terrible things".

Idk I don't know you, I barely know the Smash Bros scene just from this thread, maybe I'm shooting too hard from the hip on that one but your whole posting comes off as that whole " lying manipulator cancel credits clout chasing" thing and it makes me inclined to take the worst view towards your posts. I think it is incredibly hosed up to say she was intentionally trying to kill people and I'm going to continue to believe the victims.

What the hell are you getting from my posts? At no point did I ever write off what ZeRo or Sky did. What they did was Creepy and Irresponsible respectively. That's bad, and everyone knows it was bad, why bother wasting words on what everyone already knows. We've had a year making GBS threads on these fuckers for it. Whether you think its not enough is irrelevant since its not the matter at hand.

Heres the thing: She's a victim through Jesse Werner/Vidjogamer. That sucks she had to go through that and no is denying that, gently caress Vidjo.

But for the ZeRo and Sky situation? Its shedding a whole different light there, and it was kind of there from the start really. She aint no victim there, epsecially when its revealed one of them was actually trying to help her with Vidijo while she was setting him up to fall during the time she's acusing him of abuse. You're going to tell me it was right for her to abuse the fact she was abused to screw people over? Abuse is abuse, regardless of who does it, and she herself was very much abusing her own power she got from this. The only people who are 100% victims in all this are Katie and Vanessa, who ive said nothing negative about. Maybe I did go too far in saying she was trying to kill people, but how the gently caress am I supposed to not raise an eyebrow to poo poo like "Love watching the quiet downfall of my enemies." or her overly agressive reaction to the wellness check for the attempted suicide, despite the fact she was still friendly to both of them after the time her aligations had happened? This poo poo did not sit right with me at all.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 26, 2021

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Literally got mad people wanted to check up on him for almost commiting suicide. Multiple tweets. While leading and gloating over cancelling him. I didnt need Technical's poo poo to tell me the latter since I saw that unfold.
That doesn't seem like she wants him fine. Ive already said few times I may have gone too far. But it doesn't stop my point that she was not happy about just asking if he wasnt loving dead.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jun 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I know everyone is currently watching Chris Allevone repeadedly slam himself on a wall painted like a tunnel,

But after finding out how grossly horrifically wrong I was about the whole jisu/technicals situation by finding out it really was just pure slanderous vitriol, I want to apologize to everyone in the thread for my idiotic and stupid behavior. I knew he was a snake and I still let him bite me, then I find out it was just collusion with an abusive shithead, and I attacked a victim in stupid loving ways that now I have no idea what the hell I was thinking. I feel like kicking my own rear end for it. But those aren't excuses for my dumbass statements, and do wish to apologize to everyone in here for being a massive tool about it.