Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

D&D and C-SPAM pls go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm shocked that the person who said that they kept quiet about their abuse for years was, in fact, quiet about it at the time.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I like how the end just awkwardly handwaves away all the corroboration.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Benson said that hearing the allegations made him realize that people had been actively avoiding them at conferences and stuff on account of Alec. This stuff had been spread on the downlow for a while, and only came out publically because he had kept doing it, and from the sounds of it, actively kept jumping to new aspiring devs in a way that necessitated this being public knowledge.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

So is trolling on SA of all places some sort of self-findom or gambling addiction thing where it's more about risking your :10bux: instead of mildly annoying your audience of five people.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think that whole episode was part of a vaguely patronizing effort to engage with fanwork, and they let whatever pass because fanfic is wacky and weird, right? That said I didn't read the corporate published 9S forcefem crossover fic beacuse why the gently caress

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'd seen one of his tweets posted elsewhere here but jesus, he's really going in hard on that.

e: As of a half hour ago, he's still saying he was "abused" by the girl he statutorily raped

Motto fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 6, 2020

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/haikus_by_KN/status/1281894556871593987?s=19

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1282089252596187138?s=19

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

he said some pretty racist things about japanese devs but it was mostly 'japanese devs dont know how to make games' so more inferred racism than upfront racism

This was a common sentiment for a few years in the 7th gen, but looking back it's a bit funny since the only long term impact it had was Keiji Inafune torpedoing his career.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's pretty telling that a number of people are backing up bad experiences with kotaku while the defense amounts to waving it off because they're friends and couldn't do anything bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Looking through the replies to redbard, apparently that could be a yahoo account generating a default avatar due to not displaying gmail images properly.