Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

ipaid10buxforthis posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_Girls

Jealousy, Envy, Malice, are good places to start.

Wasn't Holowkwa questioning Quinn about her Kickstarter game that's not being developed? Sounds like he fell out of favor and had to be punished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Endorph posted:

yeah i guess ill just wait for video games to queue up the 13 second probation reason: 'uhm, i think it might be bad to say all women are lying narcissitic whores??? uwu'

Miss Cleo over here.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Squeezy Farm posted:

I think the moral here is if a person says that all of their exes are terrible, lovely people, then they're the terrible, lovely person

Why is this guy with the weird gamer gate grudge still posting here?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

skeleton warrior posted:

I think he was talking about Holokwa and how he said that about all of the exes who left him over his abuse (as stated by Scott in that medium article), but I could be being overly generous.

Personally, all of my exes were terrific people, which I believe means that I was also a terrific person

He was quoting what someone had said a few posts before him as a “gotcha.”

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I’m not clicking that article. It really says she couldn’t have been abused because she didn’t tweet about it at the time?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Why did that probation take so long? Why does a mask have to drop? Mods should be allowed to read between lines!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I just now read the account of the abuse by Zack Johnson. That conversation about the coins is unbelievable.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Ariong posted:

Y I K E S

The only Nicalis game I've played is BoI: Rebirth. Unfortunately, it's one of my favorite games. There's plenty of juvenile (and in my opinion not funny) humor in it, but now I'm combing my brain trying to think if any of it is actually, well, like that.

Probably not. It’s a game by Edmund McMillen, and he cut ties with Nicalis over this report.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Here it is. Forgot where I read it for a second!

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1172178530249166851?s=20

Wendell
May 11, 2003

AGGGGH BEES posted:

this thread is real bad and allowing it to exist was a mistake

Haha, so afraid of confrontation you had to hide behind ironic lack of punctuation.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I can think of another reason someone who has made an accusation against a man might delete their social media, and it’s harassment from assholes.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Famethrowa posted:

sure.

but that sort of male gaze-y poo poo permeates games. undoubtedly the most "feminist" ally can and will commit sexual transgressions so this isn't to say these awful things wouldn't happen if we were all "woke", but I do think it is worth considering how poo poo like above contributes to a hostile environment overall for a lot of women.

Absolutely. The designs and animations that encourage leering at women in so many games leads to these frequently predominantly male spaces, such as the fighting game community, reacting to women who enter as another thing to leer at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Endorph posted:

Which explains why the fighting game community with the most women in it is noted woman respecting franchise, dead or alive

Again im not saying theres literally zero correlation or anything but the motive/origin system here is all kinds of messed up, and the mindsrt you guys are leaning into also tends to punish women and female designers/artists long before it tells men not to be creeps. Its just women being victimized all the way down

You do this constantly. You want to keep games and anime as creep-pandering as possible and hide behind, “actually, WOMEN are involved!!!! Women LOVE it!!!! Women are sad you said that :(

I’m going to finally put you on ignore, as I am completely sick of seeing your disingenuous posts all across the board.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)