Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Pollyanna posted:

I just don’t really get why this came out in the first place.

It feels a lot like somebody with a grudge was fishing for legitimate victim stories, as we've seen a number of other times when something comes out against a public figure - once the news breaks and gets around a little you'll usually have a few other people who come forward with their stories of similar behavior that re-enforce the initial accusation.

Get something just credible enough out there and hope there's people out there who have had worse experiences. It's kind of telling that the only things to come from this thus far have been one (two?) of the people just stating that they feel their story is misrepresented in a negative way and nothing else of particular note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Maximum Planck posted:

It's difficult to keep this stuff straight. I'm guessing you're referring to this thread, since it's the only one I've seen:

https://twitter.com/actuallylichpit/status/1378168374589542400

Which refers to this part in the document:

She saw their interaction quite differently from person #4, which I think is understandable. She also says the block never happened, so that's not nothing. But as far as I can tell, that's the entirety of it. The rest of person #4's statement isn't in question. Maybe I'm misreading?

I may have also misread it looking again. I guess my point was moreso just that there haven't been other people who felt victimized or had lovely interactions coming forward, which isn't necessarily an exoneration, but also is fairly unusual from what I've seen in these situations.