Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I refuse to pay for ESPN+, wtf happened in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DaRealBootum/status/1168897659987513346?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I refuse to pay for ESPN+, wtf happened in this game

The US couldn't hit shots, Cedi Osman and Furkan roasted them on the pick and roll and the game ended in OT when Turkey missed four consecutive FT s and then Middleton got bailed out on a foul with 2 seconds remaining and nailed them. Everyone was shook.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
:australia: gonna win this whole thing

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

The US couldn't hit shots, Cedi Osman and Furkan roasted them on the pick and roll and the game ended in OT when Turkey missed four consecutive FT s and then Middleton got bailed out on a foul with 2 seconds remaining and nailed them. Everyone was shook.

Lmao

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

gotta love how Turkey can pick Scottie Wilbekin as he's naturalized but neither of the Kanter brothers due to them being members of a terrorist organization according to the Turkish federation

also I coulda told you Tatum would choke, it's the Chaminade DNA (only STL people will get this)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

hate to double post, but it's time for everyone's favorite, Fun With Naturalized Players, where we see what random Yank's playing for what random country

Cote d'Ivoire: Deon Thompson. yes, a guy who refused to graduate from UNC and has been playing in Spain for years is now Ivorian, and this is actually fairly recent unlike some of the others on this list.

Poland: AJ Slaughter, mid-major notable from Western Kentucky who's been in the French league for a while

South Korea: Ricardo Ratliffe, yes the man who was part of one of the most Mizzou Mizzou teams ever, yes the one that went 30-5 and won the Big XII after agreeing to go to the SEC, got screwed out of winning the final Border War by some classic Allen Fieldhouse officiating, and shot 58% from the field in the Tournament only to lose as a 2-seed because Kyle O'Quinn and Norfolk State shot something like 800%. in conclusion, gently caress Frank Haith.

Tunisia: Michael Roll, former UCLA gunner who has played for Tunisia for a LONG time

Angola: Reggie Moore, your classic mid-major (Oral Roberts in this case) guy who inexplicably becomes a Euro journeyman--dude's been playing pro ball since '03, and in 7 countries

Italy: 2 for the price of 1, Daniel Hackett who qualifies as his mom's Italian and Jeff Brooks, who is notable because he played in one of the most abominable games of college hoops ever while at Penn State. yes, I'm talking about 36-33, and there are no bonus points if you can guess who the Nittany Lions beat.

Philippines: ANDRAY MOTHERFUCKIN' BLATCHE, who is still as Pinoy as a plate of sisig and a bottle of San Mig. (Jordan Clarkson was all set to play but FIBA still won't classify him as a "non-naturalized player" even though he's met all the benchmarks for it. racists.)

Czechia: Blake Schlib, who played at Loyola-Chicago back when Sister Jean didn't need the wheelchair

Japan: Nick Fazekas, who was part of some seriously good Nevada teams

Turkey: the aforementioned Scottie Wilbekin. Free Enes. Free Kerem.

Greece: Nick Calathes has played in the Greek setup since he was a high-schooler, he doesn't really count.

Montenegro: Derek Needham, who is so mid-major he was All-MAAC

Jordan: Dar Tucker, the last notable DePaul player

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 3, 2019

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Melo must be sick to his stomach

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Watching Greece treat the current NBA MVP like a supercharged energy guy is pretty amazing. Even on the team photo he’s on the edge of the picture, and not in the center.

Also, Team Germany, good job.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Hoping that Andray “Baltche” Blatche can lead the Philippines to glory.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

USA are fuckin these Japanese boys up my word

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Good gravy

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I was about to shitpost about how Korkmaz also dunked all over Japan, but then I just checked the box score :eyepop:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
greece finally seem to be getting their poo poo together

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

two Celtics get DNPs and this is the result :thunk:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
My classes got delayed two hours so I got to watch the game today. 3 point shooting did not seem good enough even in a blowout.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
The Aussies seem to be doing fine so far. Not that Australia itself cares at all because the AFL finals are on. (no media attention at all, It's all footy drama) (not like basketball got any media here in the first place)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

greece should bring back Baby Shaq, IMO

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

greece should bring back Baby Shaq, IMO

Yeah that guy owned.

Finally broke down and subscribed to ESPN+ for a month. Illegal streaming is harder than it used to be.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Giannis on pace to score 100, cool cool

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lets go hellas

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the united states should make a basket, imo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this team loving sucks, the Curse of Melo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wait is papagiannis playing, can i make wrong is lie posts

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh god they're playing the plumlee

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Derrick White lobbing the ball out of bounds five feet wide of the backboard is my poo poo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if it were me, i would simply send the good american basketball players

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao the US are just owning papagiannis in NBA 2019, no is soft

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
"theres the touchdown in the end zone" lmao wtf is this announcer

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
slouky luke

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this game is terrible

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i love the ref reviews

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

literally quadruple teaming giannis while these oafs pass so much they run down the shot clock

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

USA is Not Good but Greece is garbage

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the non-giannis guys are utter trash, incredible that greece has the best player in the world and is doing worse in international ball when they had like 8 solid euro guys and were able to shoot threes

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Announcer just called USA “Star-studded”

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Announcer just called USA “Star-studded”

who are these aussie dudes

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

who are these aussie dudes

I think one of them is Andrew Gaze, who played 17 games for the spurs in 1999

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Greece has a nonzero chance at coming back and they won’t play Giannis for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Greece has a nonzero chance at coming back and they won’t play Giannis for some reason

this greece team is insanely shook