Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

romanowski posted:

I never post in here because I only casually follow baseball but I figured now is a good time to pop in and say "lol, the mets" welp thanks for reading

:mets:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Friendly reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw9qqvm-LT8

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

I remembered that post and was looking for it but didn't go back enough pages.

Any excuse is a good excuse to post the Small Sample Size song, IMO.

e: I remember the Schwarbomb during the playoffs that one year and it was pretty amazing so I sincerely hope he's actually good.

Squall fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 7, 2019

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
e: Wrong thread but the Braves own.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

elentar posted:

Nats presently leading this series on aggregate score

oh no

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

bawfuls posted:

Of course you reached your grubby little goon hands in and got that drat bat back

Could you imagine leaving the bat there? I can't.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

zoux posted:

Doing 9/11 is worth at least 2 WAR

:five:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

With Camargo playing reasonably well since getting called back up and Riley continuing to be hot salty garbage at the plate I gotta wonder if the Braves are gonna leave Riley off the postseason roster

I really hope he figures it out, but I right now I hope we don't waste a 25-man playoff roster spot on him.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

zoux posted:

Not very valuable imo

It's called the Most Valuable Player award. It's about winning baseball games, not looking good for some math geeks. Furthermore,

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
e: Wrong thread but :911:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Is this good

https://twitter.com/MLBStats/status/1171980693381013504?s=20

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Camargo with a shin fracture, gently caress.

https://twitter.com/Braves/status/1172554703705649152?s=19

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Intruder posted:

"First pitcher of the live ball era to do xxx"

'It happens lol'

Clearly it... doesn't?

I mean, usually pitchers are yanked before they are hosed that hard.

But yeah, it happens.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
lmao @ Washington's first base coach getting tossed like an idiot

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
All I can think of is that this thread pitched Angels over Rangers for a game to go to because of Ohtani and Trout and now they're both out.

RIP.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

GoatSeeGuy posted:

LOTS of cocaine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Intruder posted:

poo poo happens but man the Dodgers have far and away the best pitching in the NL it seems like and a lineup that matches up with anyone in the league

I really hope the Nationals win in October for once and takes care of the Dodgers because if the Braves make it to the NLCS I'd really rather not put our hopes on beating the Dodgers.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Poque posted:

It's the part where the Brewers advance I hate bud :)

I'd rather the Brewers beat the Dodgers if such a series happens but I hope the Nationals win the Wild Card game.

Like, even without me praying that the Nats take out the Dodgers. I am apparently just not good at this "hating my division rivals" thing.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Bregor posted:

PECOTA was right :tinfoil:

Umm, excuse me

e: Just realized this was their 2018 pre-season predictions, why does Baseball Prospectus have those and not the 2019 ones? :confused:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Squall fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 21, 2019

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Popete posted:

Idk if I can even really blame the front office they did do some stuff and you can't really blame them for banking on the guys who won it in 2016. It's just confusing, on paper this team should be really good but they are so incredibly streaky. They'll have a couple good series where they look dominate and then a week or two were they can hardly muster a couple runs per game.

It's kind of incredible that the Brewers are doing better considering the run differential differential, Pythagoras is rolling in his grave.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Lumpy posted:

Somehow a Yankee will wind up getting hurt during it.

Awesome.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
The Braves need to win the World Series

for Ron Washington.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

GalacticAcid posted:

It's going to be aggravating watching the Cubs keep hope alive by sweeping the incredibly bad shell of the Pirates the team is trotting out this month lol

These have seriously been the worst lineups I can remember, even going back to the 20 years in the wilderness.

If it makes you feel any better, giving them hope at this point is way crueler than just ending the misery.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

zoux posted:

Well 28, I guess there isn't a Marlins fanbase

I have a Facebook friend and former co-worker that seems to be a Marlins fan.

I can't say I've seen her post anything about the Marlins in quite a while.

Huh, I wonder why

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Der Meister posted:

Love 2 wear my hat backwards at 55

Sometimes I'll wear my hat backwards, but not as a fashion statement, just because it is more comfortable on my head that way sometimes and I don't want to take it off and hold it or something.

Also, I hate the Cardinals way more than the Cubs. I'm fine with Cubs suffering but someone needs to step the gently caress up in the NL Central.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Man I really hope the Braves stop sucking and poo poo all over the Yankees to win it all.

It's not going to happen but I can hope, can't I?

tadashi posted:

Nationals' WS Championship run incoming

Please win the NLWC and NLDS against the Dodgers.

I'm also that weird dude that, if the Nationals actually beat the Braves in an NLCS (lol, both teams would have to win postseasons series for that the be possible which is impossible) I'd still cheer for the Nats in the World Series against the Yankees or Astros.

Squall fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 25, 2019

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
The Braves have called up another hot prospect, and this one might be the hottest of them all: the original Louisiana Brand Hot Sauce, the official hot sauce of the Atlanta Braves.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

The Pussy Boss posted:

Cards would have an interesting choice to make if they haven't clinched by Sunday. They could start Flaherty instead of Wainwright, but then Flaherty couldn't pitch in game 1 of the NLDS (or the Wildcard game)

:yeshaha:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

https://twitter.com/MikeMinor36/status/1177366387670564866?s=20

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

bawfuls posted:

In other “things that aren’t happening” news, if the Dodgers sweep SF this weekend they will set a new franchise wins record.

If the Phillies sweep the Marlins, they'll finish with a winning record!

Good thing the Phillies have handled the Marlins so well this year.

(If the Braves sweep the Mets, they'll finish with 100 wins which would be rad but I don't expect.)

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

He's been ruled out for the NLDS, which sucks. He was doing so well when he came back until he got injured, I was hoping he'd be able to recover in time.

In other news:
https://twitter.com/KevinMcAlpin/status/1177660138188083201?s=20
Sounds like Riley might not be on the postseason roster.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Intruder posted:

That seems really friggin difficult to pull off, if JD exercises his player option they'll already be just about at the threshold even before Betts's raise right?

I'm sure there are a number of teams nice enough to bear the burden on Betts's salary.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

R.D. Mangles posted:

gently caress the math, stealing bases rules, caught stealings rule, strike 'em out throw 'em out double plays are loving awesome

Stealing bases rules but only if you are really good at it.

Getting caught stealing is dumb, don't do that. Catching someone stealing owns though.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

You know what I just thought of?

When's the last time you saw someone go headfirst into first base? Did they finally beat it into people to stop doing that, or are today's Nick Puntos just hitting 30 dingers?

I have a rough memory of it happening at some point but it was long enough ago that I don't remember who did it. I just remember being mad. Don't do that.

:punto:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

vincentpricesboner posted:

Im late to the convo but I am fine with the juiced ball, but I totally get where these elderly dudes in this thread are coming from about being upset about the equipment being changed for stats/records purposes. Like, if they let the NL use aluminum bats next year, we would think their stats are garbage too.

I mean, we've let the AL use a ringer for 46 years and that's apparently fine!

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Gatts posted:

Disappointingly it seems Cleveland isn’t going to make the cut for the wild card.

Pretty insane how badly they have fallen off, I wish they'd have made it to a game 163 at least.

RIP McMagic.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

R.D. Mangles posted:

folks, treasure your home broadcasts, we're about to have to deal with the national baseball announcers and they are all bad

gently caress.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Might as well link the real thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O4n53M4s3g&t=14049s

Chip Caray was Not Good that postseason which is why he hasn't been back, but on the other hand they are still inviting Smoltz and

R.D. Mangles posted:

smoltz is insanely bad

Anyway, I believed in the Cubs to win a game to try to gently caress over the Cardinals, and they held up their end but what the gently caress are you Brewers doing. Win a game when it matters you cowards :mad:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Go in order:
    1. Braves
    2. Twins
    3. Rays
    4. Nationals
    5. Athletics
    6. Brewers
    7. Dodgers
    8. Astros
    9. Cardinals
    10. Yankees

AL rooting order subject to change but the NL order is pretty solid for me.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Popete posted:

This is some real bullshit there is no baseball today. I demand MLB get rid of off days.

Make the third-place wild card teams in each league play each other in the World Series of not being good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Good Dog posted:

I recognize Jerry Meals, for blowing that walk off safe call at home plate where the runner was out by 10', and only because I can vividly hear the Pirates commentator yelling "You've got to be kidding me Jerry Meals"

Have you considered that Jerry Meals is innocent and got the call right 🤔

e: gently caress I was beaten so I am editing the video out for space conscious reasons. See above.

Also, Sam Holbrook is probably fine in that I mostly recognize him for just that one ludicrous call but please don't troll me, MLB.