Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I like them for trading for Trevor Bauer and letting him suck poo poo against the Pirates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Sab0921 posted:

Very stupid question, but how do I find the pitching game scores for yesterday and the list of top game scores for the season

here’s yesterday’s

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Head injury. Horribly sad.

RIP.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/mark_melancon_/status/1168631387244679170?s=21

:smith:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the biggest key is the triple a home run numbers

People are gonna believe what they want but the ball is clearly optimized to fly further now. Doubting it is stupid.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Have there been any updates on Joc. He appeared to be in horrific pain.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I don’t doubt owner perfidy in anything but the arbitration process in the short to medium term will reward players for their home run counts. Pitchers will get docked for higher ERAs and more blown saves.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I just don’t think arbitration panels will respond to league adjusted statistics very quickly. In free agency, definitely.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Actually it is the Numero Uno Thing

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The funniest poo poo is that the league bought Rawlings and then the very first season where the balls are made by an MLB subsidiary there are pop flies soaring into the stands

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Sac bunts are loving stupid unless you’ve got a guy on second, no outs, bottom of the 9th, in a tie game

Bunting for hits on the other hand...yes. Always good.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/thepointofpgh/status/1168841137693630466

:smith: this is sad to me. TPOP has published some excellent baseball analysis with leaguewide implications, regularly cited at national sites like FG and MLB Trade Rumors. There's an Old Internet feel to the site.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The losing team should have to refund attending fans if they lose a blow out

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Bregor posted:

I feel like the pro/anti bunting argument begins and ends here. Willingly giving away one of your 27 outs is dumb and bad. Attempting to bunt for singles, or beefy pull hitters bunting against the shift, are cool and good.

"But what about pitchers hitting?"

Pitchers hitting is also dumb and bad.

"But then I'll miss my Bumgarner and deGrom dingers!"

Big loving deal, gimme 15 more Kyle Schwarber-looking large adult sons in a lineup every day.

You had me up until Kyle Schwarber.

That said if you missed Brault's pitcher nuke the other day, it's monumental

https://twitter.com/Pirates/status/1168272686897881088

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:hmmyes:

These are the insights that make it worth keeping HOTLANTA MAN around despite his occasional unsavory takes

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

anybody who likes openers might wanna watch the Jays/Braves game tonight. The Jays are running out one of the better openers in Wilmer Font and the Braves are sending out Mike Foltynewicz

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Statcast's Outs Above Average has him as *peers at list* the worst outfielder in the National League

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Schwarber makes a team that I hate actively worse, and the team's simple fans seem to love him for it. So really I can't complain.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The Mets are still good

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I trashed him all day and will tomorrow too. Sorry I don’t overreact to blind squirrels finding acorns. He’s a garbage and liability.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
If the Mets sell low on Díaz and the loving Cubs or Cardinals get him I’ll light myself on fire

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
deGrom, Cole, Syndergaard, Matz, Stroman would be possibly the greatest rotation of all time. It's idiotic to think they wouldn't be good if they signed him.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Yeah, he's had dogshit luck. This is known.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Angels are my bet for Cole's destination

And that was complete speculation from Sherman on the "smarter teams" thing. Not a sourced leak.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I don't know why I bother defending the Mets though. gently caress them for coasting into the 2015 world series.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I'm inclined to agree though do think there are ppl in the Yanks org especially enamored with Cole. They did draft him first.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Yanks fans being so pissy about the Mets getting a modicum of good press has finally turned me on them. I will enjoy watching their rotation crumble into dust and then replenished with Gio Gonzalez this winter.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

mcmagic posted:

I have literally nothing against the Mets and I actively root for them at times but what good press are they getting?

Eh during the win streak they got a lot of positive coverage

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
3.96 rotation ERA, 3rd best in the NL, and that's with Vargas instead of Stroman most of the year and a truly dreadful defense. On top of that they're statistically the unluckiest group of starters in MLB per some of the Statcast bullshit

3.85 FIP is also 3rd best in NL

24.2% K rate is 4th best, 7.1% BB% is 4th lowest. 1.24 WHIP is third best. The rotation is good, the defense is bad, the bullpen is bad.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/s...ter=&sort=12,-1

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Sydin posted:

Has there been any kind of deep dive into what the hell is up with Edwin Diaz? I know bullpen arms are fickle at best, but he went from insanely dominant to -0.6 bWAR. His velo is unchanged and his K/BB numbers are almost perfectly in line with what he did last year, but he's just been lit the gently caress up.

Petriello wrote about him

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
News: Bryan Reynolds
Views: Bryan Reynolds

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

alpha_destroy posted:

The Royals finally have a 40 homerun hitter. Now all the franchises have had at least one. Of course the Royals' came during this crazy juiced year and has only put up like .6 WAA. But still counts

One guess which franchise now has the longest drought without a 40 homer hitter

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

mastershakeman posted:

:alert: new co-worker who is an ancient old person is convinced steroids didn't help anyone hit home runs because muscles don't let you see the ball!!

Argument right now is that neither bonds nor mcgwire benefited from roids

I'm in awe

It let them play longer and recover from injuries better but yeah the main cause of the home run boom was expansion and subsequent watering down of pitching talent. Your coworker sounds cool tbh, sorry.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Today’s TwinsFact™️

https://twitter.com/danhayesmlb/status/1170401891408388103?s=21

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
James Marvel is making his debut starting for the Bucs today. Dude was a 36th rounder.

I don’t expect his stuff to play well in the majors at all but good for him to make it against those odds.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/bananaslapdick/status/1170740354569707526?s=21

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bet the Red Sox hire Chaim Bloom

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The Mets should only hire him if the Wilpons are willing to give him a $200+ million payroll to work with. Which, yea they should do that. But I don’t think they will.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

zoux posted:

https://i.imgur.com/C3PcICf.mp4

Settle down there Ricky Vaughn

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The LLWS kids apparently throw curveballs, which is almost certainly terrible for their arms lol