Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Mormon Star Wars posted:

The point of Quesh was to leverage your fame as a bounty hunter to get huge stacks of cash in exchange for endorsing a soft drink.

OK yeah I forgot about that part, that part alone makes Quesh worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
It's been a while since I've played, if I want to play with goons, where do i roll and which side?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Elblanco posted:

It's been a while since I've played, if I want to play with goons, where do i roll and which side?

There's a couple people that play on Empire side but it's rarely more than one or two of us. It'd be nice if 6.0 brings some folks back.

Click the Discord link in the OP to chat with Star Wars goons

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The discord link doesn't work because it's wrapped up in a timg bbcode which uses the click to expand the image.

This is the link btw.
https://discord.gg/012m8jCpU57F6tM97

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nitrousoxide posted:

The discord link doesn't work because it's wrapped up in a timg bbcode which uses the click to expand the image.

This is the link btw.
https://discord.gg/012m8jCpU57F6tM97

Well that's dumb. I'll have to fix that. Thank you Oedzi, I'll give you 50 extra DKP.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Started up Agent and Consular characters and have been having a great time. The agent starting planet was worth installing for.

How do we get more goons to come play?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

xanthan posted:

Started up Agent and Consular characters and have been having a great time. The agent starting planet was worth installing for.

Spread the word. We usually get an influx when I do a new OP and with the expansion coming hopefully we'll see more. If anyone wants to run with being an officer doing recruiting and all that just let me know. I'm not on much since it's the summer and all that, but can hop on whenever

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

Have they tackled skill bloat at all? I played a ton at release but have tried to come back a few times and feel like i need to start from scratch every time

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Medullah posted:

All speeder points are automatically unlocked now, so you can take a taxi to the next quest hub. Much quicker than launch.

Yeah but even with this, I feel like I'm still going to be on a speeder going from one end of the planet to the other to pick up or turn in kill quests. The though of putting around all the long hallways of Nar Shaddaa, ugh no thanks.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Nah, you can buy quick travel unlocks with credits that completely eliminate cooldown. Just teleport everywhere instantly. Also, heroics are picked up from a console that your menu teleports you directly to, are now largely soloable and give you a free teleport directly to the mission area, and autocomplete so you don't have to go anywhere to turn them in. It is vastly more convenient than it ever was.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Spookmaster posted:

Have they tackled skill bloat at all? I played a ton at release but have tried to come back a few times and feel like i need to start from scratch every time

Honestly even at it's most complex the game didn't really have ability bloat. You just had to read your tutorials and tooltips to see what moves did what and what you should be using for your class and spec.

But they did simplify it in 4.0 and even more in 5.0. Too much, in my opinion, since they took away "fun" moves which weren't intended to be used in an "optimal" rotation. Things like Snipers and Shiv, and Mercs and Rocket Punch.

Story is very simple and you can use as few or as many abilities as you'd like.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Well that's dumb. I'll have to fix that. Thank you Oedzi, I'll give you 50 extra DKP.

Huh?

xanthan posted:

Make fewer bad decisions a decade ago when the game was being designed.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Does the week from using the referral for returning subs give access to the PTS?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

xanthan posted:

Find people, sell them on the single player aspect of this game.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Preechr posted:

Nah, you can buy quick travel unlocks with credits that completely eliminate cooldown. Just teleport everywhere instantly. Also, heroics are picked up from a console that your menu teleports you directly to, are now largely soloable and give you a free teleport directly to the mission area, and autocomplete so you don't have to go anywhere to turn them in. It is vastly more convenient than it ever was.

I keep forgetting that you can do it from the menu and get a free quest reward for clicking the terminal when you get there. I just head to the spaceport manually like a chump 90% of the time :negative:

Tomcat1944
Mar 31, 2004

Be at peace my friends
Just resubbed for two months, used your link Medullah. Going to play Light side Sith Inquisitor while my brother overseas plays Light side Sith Warrior. Really excited for this. Played 2 months over Christmas; I finished my Light Imperial Agent that I played when the game first came out. Also did a Light Jedi Knight. My favorite scene with the Knight was on Tatooine when I turned the Sith Assassin to the Light side of the force . I'm sorry I just can't be evil in this game!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ossipago posted:

Does the week from using the referral for returning subs give access to the PTS?

I don't know, but I would suspect not. If you've got the hard drive space give it a shot. :)

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Arquinsiel posted:

I keep forgetting that you can do it from the menu and get a free quest reward for clicking the terminal when you get there. I just head to the spaceport manually like a chump 90% of the time :negative:

Don't forget you can also fast travel to the guild ship from anywhere and then exit from that directly to where you were, fleet or whatever zone it's currently parked at. There are all banks access, mail and a GTN station on the ship, too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Don't forget you can also fast travel to the guild ship from anywhere and then exit from that directly to where you were, fleet or whatever zone it's currently parked at. There are all banks access, mail and a GTN station on the ship, too.

And dancing Twileks.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I was leaving that as a surprise for them to discover.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Aleth posted:

I'm on the European server, because Eurogoon. I don't know if the guild I joined has a GTN terminal on the flagship, but the rest I just hop over to my apartment for.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

quote:

Any thoughts to tiering the FP's?

Hammer Station being weighted the same as Crisis for rewards is absolutely ridiculous as is getting a Tank in quest blues. It just leads to people just dropping group when the harder FP's queue and wasting everyone's time.

Jumping back to this because I checked today; we actually are doing this already. You can't see it yet because only Hammer Station has the new loot hooked up to it, but different flashpoints grant more/less rewards based on time required to clear it. Will let you know once that's hooked up so we can all check it out.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Actually pretty excited about the new expansion and the prospect of continued movement away from galactic command.

Maybe this time I'll buy myself a fat stack of credits (via the level tokens) and not have to worry about ridiculous GTN inflation and just play space barbie playhouse (ehem... stronghold).

E: clarity that I don't mean RMT

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 4, 2019

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pryce posted:

Jumping back to this because I checked today; we actually are doing this already. You can't see it yet because only Hammer Station has the new loot hooked up to it, but different flashpoints grant more/less rewards based on time required to clear it. Will let you know once that's hooked up so we can all check it out.

This is good news.

I've already posted in the official forums, but the decision to have RNG on the mods and enhancements you buy from Kai Zyken is an unbelievably bad decision. :(.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Just made a new Sith maurader with a token I never used for kotet, will I have to finish it all to do the new expac stuff in October? Also I need to play one alt at a time because i have too many characters all over the place and I don't remember what the story is for most of them haha

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Solid timing for a new thread too. Big things happening and this game deserves more attention than it gets these days.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
bizarrely i felt compelled to re-install this last night.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

i would play the gently caress out of this if the combat was even mediocre :negative:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I mean, it's a MMORPG with cloned WoW combat...

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Not as well designed as WoW though since most classes boil down to precise rotations.

Yet there's a lot of things that make TOR better than WoW in certain areas. Customization for one. Story for another. Even the worst written TOR stuff is leagues better than the worst written WoW content.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Resting Lich Face posted:

Not as well designed as WoW though since most classes boil down to precise rotations.

Yet there's a lot of things that make TOR better than WoW in certain areas. Customization for one. Story for another. Even the worst written TOR stuff is leagues better than the worst written WoW content.

I blame TOR for being the reason I have a hard time playing an MMO without a really solid story line. When I went back to WoW during Cataclysm I found the questing super boring since most of it had nothing to do with anything (and then the stuff that did have some impact on understanding the world kinda sucked anyway)

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

I continue to play WoW for the high end cooperative PvE content which is of consistently high quality. I've also played it for ages so I'm pretty wealthy and established and have collected a whole lot of stuff.

I mess with TOR sometimes because the story is so much better and it's fun to dress up kickass Star Wars characters and I'm a big Star Wars nerd. It's also nice in that I can play a non-force-user which is somewhat uncommon in SW games.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey Pryce, I posted on the forums but can you press the importance of not giving us non-moddable weapons in this gearing system? As it stands today we won't be able to use any of the cool weapons that non-entity designs, because weapons aren't in outfit designer. Of course you can tell me that 6.0 will change that, but I really, really don't want to be forced to use a green ugly weapon just because it has a higher item rating. :(.

#KeepNonentityEmployed

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I got around to using my Kingpin pistols finally and I find them to be... weird. They look great, for obvious reasons, but they sound like real guns rather than pew-pew lasers. A sound tuning item would be a cool thing.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Arquinsiel posted:

A sound tuning item would be a cool thing.

My god yes I need this in my life. I pick guns by sound.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

From
:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

A hood toggle switch would be a space barbie gamechanger.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
After getting out of the KoTFE stuff going down to Ossus was really refreshing empire side because suddenly everyone actually remembers I used to be a Dark Councillor and I met Moff Pyron again and we were happy to see each other and Acina isn't standing around acting like I don't know exactly how sith work already and Malgus is back and my goodness.

I wish I could do it again jedi side just to see if some good old LIGHT SIDE SITH!? head explosions don't occur.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Caidin posted:

I wish I could do it again jedi side just to see if some good old LIGHT SIDE SITH!? head explosions don't occur.

They don’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Even as a LS Sith Warrior it was good to see Malgus again. He chilled out a lot, we treated each other with respect, then we went and darthed it up on some Jedi scrubs. A good time was had by all. At first I was a little irritated, but then I realized the empire thought I’d been dead for years, of course they’re not going to leave my position vacant.